sohojacques

Progetto 65 worth the credits?

Just trying to get the ball rolling...

How are people going with this? I'm currently grinding the Standard B and, despite a bad even for me win rate, am having more fun playing this game than I have in a long time. But will that carry over to the tier 10? Does the horrendous dpm finally come home to roost? Almost 50 sec reload if you fire the last shell leaves the two last shells as more of a deterrent than anything else most of the time? Also a tad worried by the centrally mounted turret and slightly less gun depression. The B might have no armour either but you need to expose very little of it to get a shot off with any kind of terrain undulation at hand.

Thoughts?

It's much more harder to play than any other tier X medium but it's carry capacity is bigger too. I think it's worth it. I'm currently at tier 8, suffering from constant tier 10 so... it's going to be a long road...

Only have a few battles in the 65 and still adjusting, but so far I don't find the upgrade from the St.B. worthwhile. Part of that might be that I'm more comfortable to play a support role in a T9, while in a T10, exspecially in 3-5-7, I often feel the need to make a play, and a squishy support medium is not best suited for that.

dwq52bbn6h85ltre2.jpg

Personally I still prefer the TVP, the faster burst works better IMO and even though Progetto doesn't have the full down time, 20s and you are at full burst again in the TVP, in the Progetto getting back to 4 shots is painfully long. 

Thing it's paper, so even with the burst potential, you have to working much harder than you ever would in a 430U or similar. 

I'm also at the Tier 8.  Looking forward to the B

On a side note.  I had a game last night in the 8.  I had used my repair kit and first aid kit after an arty hit.  The I got Arty'd again, Ammo Racked and Killed the Loader.  I just emptied the drum to kill the first arty.  It was almost 50 seconds to load 1 shell o.O

HY7sMj1.jpg

11 hours ago, NightmareMk9 said:

It was almost 50 seconds to load 1 shell o.O

I keep meaning to run a large repair kit on the B cause getting tracked and ammoracked by arty is a bit of a thing. 

Fuck me just checked my recents. I can’t win games with auto reloading tanks. So I’ve answered my own question: no 65 for me.

Edited by sohojacques
Incorrect data

Also the Standard B just lacks DPM to carry many matches IMO, you find yourself reloading more often than not and not able to pump out enough damage whilst your team crumbles. 

Similar to how I felt with the Emil 2. 

Bought it on sale and dumped a new female crew in it. Only played a handful of games. Feels underwhelming: slow as up a hill and that dpm... But it works out okay.

6.2k damage with 4.7k assisted in a tier 9/10 game only netted me a 1st class, btw. 

Purchased this and threw in a Christmas crew so I could keep the Standard B with a good crew. It feels much less agile (18.75 power/weight) than the Standard B (21.75 power/weight), although I haven't gone back and forth between them to get more than a feeling about the difference. I'm pretty bad with paper tanks lately but it's fun to play with a 4 round auto-reloading gun. 

@CandyVanMan

image.png

I'll spare you the first game from the session. I went S on Sand River - the T-100 in front of me didn't spot ANYONE moving into position. I fired once, and got vollied down by 6 tanks. Fake scout is fake. Despite that meh start...had a good run obviously

Murovanka - CVS build - invisible sniper tank is invisible. CVS does great things if you get can get to that line I took. 

Kharkov - CVS build -  no LTs so I try to use vision to win the 1 line. It works ok. Then I keep pushing pace and punishing with marginal snipes and effective spotting. 

Empire's Border - vstab build - I'd ban this map if I could. But the early part shows the power of the Prog65 even if it's not AS bursty as it's peers. Also - my game froze, THEN bugged and I couldn't move my turret. So -that's why I didn't run back to the K line and carry the battle and do 5000+. At least the software failures happened after I had a decent score recorded...

Murovanka #2 - CVS build - An absolute monster of a game. I learned from the previous Muro (being spotted by Leo1) to screen more carefully from the MTs when I fire. And it pays off! System still shits a little with massive stutters during the Type 5 brawl. I more or less die because I can't tell what is going on, but I just hug his butt and autoaim. Again CVS vision and camo let me do gross things to their team. Yes the snipes are bloomy - I just have patience with bad guns developed from thousands of T49 games?

Overlord - vstab build - A map with virtually no spotting potential. But camo let's me set up shots, deny them space, get in cheeky peeks unseen. Then I awkwardly brawl an E-100 at the end because I am bad at brawling. Still, it was a fine score for a bad map.

Malinovka - CVS build - Big daddy map! Despite two LTs I stick with vision build because this map is great for spots. Ultimately I don't get a super dominant performance because of how much of their HP is hiding in that back ditch and because I was a little slow to get in and dump the last clip. Still 7k is perfectly respectable and normal for this map, and the game is virtually never winnable for their team. Camo and vision just whittle them down. Do watch as I miss THREE times on the stationary 704? You can't really blame the gun there - 0.31 and FULLY aimed shots. It's no Leo1 gun though...

Hilariously that match took me to 94.98% ! So any shot from me or assist that went in would have pushed me over. But hey - what's a good 3 mark without a little drama?

Mannerheim Line - CVS build - not the best CVS map, but with no LTs I want to make sure I've got the vision advantage over the MTs. Which I do - watch that opening drive and all the free peeks I can do from the middle ditch. Taking the T30 hit was a mistake. My support fire was pretty bad! Again though - I find the gun to work pretty well even without gun mods! 6.8k combined is nothing to sneeze at. And I want to make SURE that I get the mark - so I even reload HEAT at the very end. Boom Spotgetto romps to 3 MoE - and a place in my heart as a really fun (but big) vision abuser!

25 minutes ago, Hellsfog said:

I think the new patch killed the replays, at least for me. 

How do they consistently manage to fuck that up?

Really enjoyed the Murovanka plays, I always go too aggro in the forest, that always fucks me up.
Will try playing the field more, and the forest ridge, instead of going in.

11 hours ago, CandyVanMan said:

Really enjoyed the Murovanka plays, I always go too aggro in the forest, that always fucks me up.
Will try playing the field more, and the forest ridge, instead of going in.

CVS turns that forest magical once again. There's some real proxy and LT-in-a-bush risk that can make that ridge not as effective as seen in those two replays. That's why i was slow to approach the ridge and just spotted it early. However - if you can get them to fuck off like the WZ-132-1 did - it usually results in a pretty big numbers game.