Ham_

Armored cars in Supertest, top speed up to 100km/h

74 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Ham_ said:

Yeah, Never was a big hit this week, can't attract too much attention before the master plan.:officersexii:

Now you're getting in with the thinking :sealofapproval:

To be fair whilst I don't think that these things will that easily be able to dash through the lines and kill arty, they should be able to do it more easily than current lights and plenty of bobs will try to do it, which at least gives the arty bobs something more to think about and we all know that 99% of them are oblivious to the map. 

Unfortunate though that on current stats the Panhard has a 350 damage clip unable to kill most higher tier arties and such poor DPM that it'll need close to a minute to kill 3 clickers.

I am looking forward to all the whines from the heavy bobs, arty bobs and TD bobs once these things start running rings round them and showing up their terrible positioning. 

That is if they get that far, I have a feeling like with the tier 10 lights, the heavy tank bobs will shout them down on common test and make them close to useless. The tier 10 lights were great fun and competitive on Sandbox, then they go on public test and all the morons get outplayed by them and whine they are OP so WG nerfs them into a oblivion. 

2 hours ago, tajj7 said:

To be fair whilst I don't think that these things will that easily be able to dash through the lines and kill arty, they should be able to do it more easily than current lights and plenty of bobs will try to do it, which at least gives the arty bobs something more to think about and we all know that 99% of them are oblivious to the map. 

Unfortunate though that on current stats the Panhard has a 350 damage clip unable to kill most higher tier arties and such poor DPM that it'll need close to a minute to kill 3 clickers.

I am looking forward to all the whines from the heavy bobs, arty bobs and TD bobs once these things start running rings round them and showing up their terrible positioning. 

That is if they get that far, I have a feeling like with the tier 10 lights, the heavy tank bobs will shout them down on common test and make them close to useless. The tier 10 lights were great fun and competitive on Sandbox, then they go on public test and all the morons get outplayed by them and whine they are OP so WG nerfs them into a oblivion. 

Just make them shout "Allahu akbar" and let ram the arty to get the kill. 

So only more than 50% destroyed wheels will stop it? Let me quess - regular tanks will never immobilize them but sky cancer with super splash radius will hit every damn wheel and make poor wheeled tank dead. 

I said this before panhard hit supertest.

I thought they initially said 12t, but then this one is a tier 8, so would seem odd that you went from a tier 8 to a tier 8, but you never know with WG.

I want to see the tier 10 to see if there is any value, at the moment they are persisting with the terrible view range and terrible DPM.

A tier 8 vehicle with 40m less view range than an IS3 is just stupid. 

On 9/27/2018 at 8:44 PM, sr360 said:

Any word on where this branch will come off? ELC? 12T?

Still no word on where they will come off?

I want to untick crew training, and put a new girl crew in a French light to get a crew and some exp grind done.

so the panard 105 (Tier 10) currently has 350m view range. so no way to get to 445 without binocs, which is completly contradictory to the rest of that thing. my oppinion stands. active scouting wont work in this game no matter how fast you get.

P.S.

went to reddit to see what they write and it is as shit as the official forums. "lights dont need guns, active scouting meta is comming back, this will be so much fun"

1 hour ago, Action said:

P.S.

went to reddit to see what they write and it is as shit as the official forums. "lights dont need guns, active scouting meta is comming back, this will be so much fun"

giphy.gif

> going 100 km/h

> arty says "fuck you" 

> arty uses high radius splash shell

> miss

> it's very effective, u lost half of your HP, tracks and crew get stunned

> throw the table

On 9/16/2018 at 1:53 AM, hiipanda said:

Knowing wg these things will have worse guns than the tier 10 light tanks.

They have already said exactly that. They don't want those to obsolete t10 lights so they will have less vr, will not pivot and will be worse in some other espect. Then again I'm not surprised. 

So this tier 8 prem everyone is now testing (people seem to be picking up codes for it outside just CCs).

It's odd where they pitched the view range for this one, the tier 10, which goes 105kph, and packs 390 alpha in one shot, with near 70 hp/ton still has 350m view range, that is shit no doubt but it's only 40m less than the T-100 lt, and 70m less than the Rhm/Sheridan. It can be boosted up and you'll outspot many meds, many TDs and most heavies. 

But the tier 8 prem is 100m behind the Hwk-12 and 70m behind the lowest view range tier 8 lights. So by my calculations it should have 340m view range to have the same ratio as the tier 10. 

The tier 10 you could fully pimp to about 460 I think with the improved equipment,  the optics directive and food/BIA/recon/sit aware I think.  If it gets the same 40% ish camo as the tier 8 it'll be workable. 

Think the tier 8 should be buffed to 340 IMO, you might get it close to 445 then. I understand they shouldn't take light spots, but they'll still get outspotted by other lights easily, they shouldn't so easily get outspotted by TDs and heavies.  Watching QV yesterday unable to spot a 430v2 at sub 300m seemed unnecessarily crippling for the tank IMO. 

It's interesting to know what role WG thinks these tanks should have, aside driving the mid ridge on Prohk, where they might be better than normal lights (but normal lights extend their view range further back) their claim its supposed to be an active spotter is BS, because it doesn't have the view range. To spot those BS camping positions most maps have for TDs these days  it will need to basically get to proxy range and at that range it is very easy to hit, and it has no HP, so it'll be a suicide run to spot something once. 

What they actually seem best at is basically being a super flanker, because they are so fast to get to spots, coupled with a super fast aiming gun with decent fast burst damage (and at least so far not the same crippling accuracy lights have), plus the extended auto-aim they are basically the ultimate exploiters of being able to get cheeky shots in. All the best games I have seen in these tanks seem to go like that, rush to a spot, see someone looking the other way, or just fired, auto-aim, burst the two shells, quickly retreat, move to the next spot, rinse-repeat, being annoying as fck, plus sniping off others spotting, and then end game yolo circling of isolated tanks. All of which heavily relies on the team, which is a weird place to pitch a tank that will be match up as a light. 

They are, someone gave me a code for the rental, did this write up in the official forums but I'll re-post here -

Driving it

After 30k plus games of using tracked vehicles I can tell you that these wheeled vehicles take a while to get used to, there are no tracks, and this means you can't turn on the spot, which you know going in but I found my brain or probably more accurately muscle memory, took a little while to catch on to this fact.

It meant there were a lot of these sort of moments -

Where you look a bit of plonka, like situations where you might want to peek out behind that rock, you actually have to plan your approach up to the rock and angle to peek out from the rock because you micro-adjusting your position is far more difficult than it is tracked vehicles. 

Driving it generally also takes a while to get used to, in the first 4 games I did terribly largely because I drove off a bridge and drowned myself in one game and in another I rammed a Cromwell by accident and died from over 800 health, whilst only doing 200 to him. Don't ram stuff or let stuff ram you, it's not going to end well. I also in a later game skidded round a corner and tried to go round a T-44 only to drown myself yet again by skidding into a lake (WG's soapy rocks don't help). These things are near impossible to flip I found and have seen, but its extremely easy to fall off stuff......

Switching between cruise and travel mode is seamless, it slows the tank down briefly. I'd suggest re-mapping the key though I as I found X not very useful or comfortable. I largely only used the fast mode most of the time, if you release W you can make some very tight turns and I found, as someone who is pretty good in lights, the cruise mode almost too agile, you turn basically on the spot, and often more than you want to (I think this is an issue with turning using keys not something more gradual like a thumb stick). I tended to use the cruise mode for specific circling and for periods where you are just moving small distances, like peeking or driving up to bushes where you want a little more precision. 

It's very fast, in the fast mode it goes everywhere at like 75kph plus pretty much, looking at the ground resistance numbers plus the hp/ton you wouldn't expect acceleration to be any better than similar tier lights, but to me it feels way better, so I'd presume there is something going on there like in fast mode the ground resistances get better or something? 

Going backwards at 80kph also has a lot of benefits, though I think it somewhat compensates for the lack of turning on the spot. Where a light might just spin round and run away, in this you just back away at speed as turning around takes ages and needs space. I feel it would be helpful though if it was a bit easier to tell where the front of your vehicle is just from the model as it looks pretty much the same as the back.

The boost I would say is more gimmicky than anything, especially as the vehicle accelerates so quickly anyway, but for crossing gaps or surprising people by exploding out from cover it does have some utility.

Overall the mobility is insane, it feels like a T-100 lt on steroids, I shudder to think what the tier 10 is going to be like with 105kph top speed and 67 hp/ton. 

The auto-aim

Probably need to cover this separately as I have seen lot of people make comments about this, about it being a cheat, aimbot etc.  So basically it's a slightly easier to use version of the in game auto-aim, that is it. Its been a long time since I used the extended auto-aim mod that has since been deemed illegal, but I'd reckon that the wheeled vehicles auto-aim is not even as good as that. It's still, much like the current auto-aim sometimes a little fiddly to get your lock from what I found, but it certainly adds something over the current in-game version and does suit the tank well seeing as you pretty much play this tank almost always on the move. 

I would like this ability to be available on all lights, it's a feature I feel highly mobile paper tanks need to survive in the current meta. To be honest I think this tank would struggle without this ability. 

The gun

Probably the best thing about the tank IMO, I'd say this gun is a lot better than many of the other tier 8 light guns. Penetration is just about enough (HEAT pen is lacking, you'll not pen the over armoured heavies reliably in weakspots, even if they have them). Shell velocity is good, aim time is amazing along with the dispersions, even at the insane speeds this thing moves at you can hit stuff on the move fairly reliably. 

Plus I like the burst, you feel more like you have 350 alpha with about a 10s reload more than you are an autoloader, plus with 75 pen HE you can do 520 burst damage to other lights, arty and stuff like Skorp Gs/SU-130PM (which there are a lot of) which puts your DPM up to a meaningful level. 

Just the combination of the vehicles attributes and the guns attributes seems to work, highly mobile, fast aiming, fast shell velocity, decently accurate, quick burst damage and the auto-aim means you can dart to a spot, quickly double tap two shells into a target and be gone before they can react. 

The playstyle 

It is a good job the gun is good because I feel this is where the tank will do its work, WG may have intended these tanks to be 'active scouts' but in reality they cannot fulfil this role with the view range this tank has. You get outspotted by almost anything, whilst you can get the base camo to around 42% on the move which is very good, what that enables you to do more than spot stuff is move very very quickly to sneaky positions, it does not enable you to do much spotting.

Most of the assistance damage I got was basically some early damage on lights by getting to an advanced bush or mid point faster than them, you will spot them because they are also going for that mid point so drive right at you, but after that you are unlikely to spot anything much further back. Then the rest of the assistance usually comes more end game where with much less tanks around you can yolo proxy spot using the speed. But early and mid game spotting especially when other lights are around or there are lots of entrenched TDs is next to impossible, you are too blind. 

Personally I feel for this vehicle the view range is a little too low, whilst I recognise good view range on it would obsolete lights and makes these things amazing passive spotters, I think there is some middle ground here.

For example the tier 10 has 350m base view range, still terrible for tier 10, but compared to tier 10 lights this is 40m behind the worst view range tier 10 light (T-100 lt) and 70m behind the best view range tier 10 lights (Sheridan/Rhm). On tier 8 the worst tier 8 light view range is 380 and the best is 410m. That puts the EBR 100m behind the best and 70m behind the worst. I think using the tier 10 differences as a guide this tank should get its view range buffed to 340m, which would put it 70m behind the best and 40m behind the worst.  That is still a big advantage for the lights, but would allow the EBR more chance to out spot heavies and TDs, which it actually struggles to do.

With the view range the vehicle has it is not a spotter, not IMO, people might yolo scout in it and occasionally get away with it, but I think really this tank is the ultimate flanker, it uses it's amazing speed and agility, together with its amazing gun to exploit gaps, distracted targets, isolated targets etc. and basically harass and annoy people. 

It will win games not really through its spotting but more through it's damage and distraction. Lone slowish targets are going to be super vulnerable to these tanks because it can circle them faster than their turrets AND hulls can turn in most cases, even some meds you can catch out. 

It's also probably the hardest tank to play I have ever used in the game, it is completely unforgiving with the bad view range, the very low HP, the zero armour and the speed. The speed means you constantly have to have your head on a swivel and be aware of not only where the enemy team are, but where obstacles are because its so easy to crash in this thing and lose all momentum, which generally gets you killed. 

I wouldn't worry too much about not being able to shoot it though, people could hit me fairly easily at short to medium ranges, to avoid fire the speed alone is not enough, you need to be dancing and using cover as much as possible. 

Potential Problems

The play style leads me onto something that I think is going to be an issue with the EBR and the other wheeled vehicles, they are classed as lights, but they are not good scouts, certainly not during most of the game with lots of enemies about. Other players on your team will not get this, I already got lots of map pinging last night from players because I wasn't yolo spotting for them. 

I expect to see these vehicles get team damage and pushed around by ignorant players because really they are not good scouts and often trying to scout is suicide as even some heavies will out spot you.

Also they are very very hard to play IMO, a lot of players are just going to die in them very early, doing very little. 

As for the boosts that is not something I can comment on as I have never tried to do them, we only have to hope WG are true to their promise that they will patch in invisible walls to prevent them being done. 

Conclusion, is it fun, is it competitive, is it a good money maker? 

This tank is a lot of fun, I can understand why QB spent like 5 hours almost non-stop playing it when he got access, they are like nothing seen in the game before IMO and combine fun action packed playstyle with challenging mechanics. 

Whether they are competitive is less clear cut, I think I would tend to lean on this one being slightly under powered or at best average. The view range I think is the problem, it is so bad and it is doubly confounded by this tank likely to be matched up with another light. If a team gets one of these on Malinovka vs an actual light, I think that team is at a disadvantage, it just cannot outspot a light and any competent light tank player will just keep these things at arms length out spotting it and it'll go down (because as I said its not that hard to hit despite the speed).

Plus like most paper stuff in the current meta, it is a fairly low alpha, low pen, no armour tank that will often get put into corridor or city maps where it will struggle. I'd also say lights on those maps are easier to play just because of their ability to micro-position more easily so can peak etc. more easily. The EBR is awkward at slow speeds, it feels clumsy, it needs space to really get the best use of it and a lot of maps don't give it space.

I am also not sure if it is that good a premium tank for money making, for several reasons, firstly you assistance damage is not going to be huge due to the poor view range, I think tanks like the T92, Lt-432 and ELC Even will consistently do more assistance damage. Then its damage potential is probably not much higher than those tanks, maybe not even higher at all than the Lt-432 which is just a very good all round tier 8 light, so you combined damage is not going to be high and thus your credits is not going to be high. Plus at 230 credits for 175 damage the shells are not even that cheap either. 

In matchmaking terms it probably cares less about the bad tier 8 MM than most tanks, it has no armour, it has no health so everything is a threat and if you can avoid getting shot by tier 8s, you can avoid getting shot by tier 10s. Though again the view range rears its ugly head again, as pretty much every tier 9 and 10 tank is going to have 50-60m plus view range on, which is less the case against tier 6s and 7s where your maxed out 390 - 400m view range is just about competitive, but when an Obj. 140 is probably rocking 470-80m view range in experienced players hands and probably like 25% camo on the move, which means you are struggling to see a moving 140 at like 290m. 

Interestingly using the MOE mod for expected values, bearing in mind its early days so this may just be lack of date, but 3 marks for this tank was about 2.1k combined, whereas Even 90 is about 2.8k combined, Lt-432 is about 2.4- 2.5k combined, T92 is about 2.2k combined, so it seems a little behind in power compared to other tier 8 premium lights.

From my personal performance, damage wise so far it's comparable to what I can do in T92, Black Dog etc. around 1500-1600 per game, but is down on the assistance damage which is closer to around 1k for most of my tier 8 lights, whereas as its more like 700 in this. 

20 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

They are, someone gave me a code for the rental, did this right up in the official forums but I'll re-post here -

Driving it

Spoiler

After 30k plus games of using tracked vehicles I can tell you that these wheeled vehicles take a while to get used to, there are no tracks, and this means you can't turn on the spot, which you know going in but I found my brain or probably more accurately muscle memory, took a little while to catch on to this fact.

It meant there were a lot of these sort of moments -

Where you look a bit of plonka, like situations where you might want to peek out behind that rock, you actually have to plan your approach up to the rock and angle to peek out from the rock because you micro-adjusting your position is far more difficult than it is tracked vehicles. 

Driving it generally also takes a while to get used to, in the first 4 games I did terribly largely because I drove off a bridge and drowned myself in one game and in another I rammed a Cromwell by accident and died from over 800 health, whilst only doing 200 to him. Don't ram stuff or let stuff ram you, it's not going to end well. I also in a later game skidded round a corner and tried to go round a T-44 only to drown myself yet again by skidding into a lake (WG's soapy rocks don't help). These things are near impossible to flip I found and have seen, but its extremely easy to fall off stuff......

Switching between cruise and travel mode is seamless, it slows the tank down briefly. I'd suggest re-mapping the key though I as I found X not very useful or comfortable. I largely only used the fast mode most of the time, if you release W you can make some very tight turns and I found, as someone who is pretty good in lights, the cruise mode almost too agile, you turn basically on the spot, and often more than you want to (I think this is an issue with turning using keys not something more gradual like a thumb stick). I tended to use the cruise mode for specific circling and for periods where you are just moving small distances, like peeking or driving up to bushes where you want a little more precision. 

It's very fast, in the fast mode it goes everywhere at like 75kph plus pretty much, looking at the ground resistance numbers plus the hp/ton you wouldn't expect acceleration to be any better than similar tier lights, but to me it feels way better, so I'd presume there is something going on there like in fast mode the ground resistances get better or something? 

Going backwards at 80kph also has a lot of benefits, though I think it somewhat compensates for the lack of turning on the spot. Where a light might just spin round and run away, in this you just back away at speed as turning around takes ages and needs space. I feel it would be helpful though if it was a bit easier to tell where the front of your vehicle is just from the model as it looks pretty much the same as the back.

The boost I would say is more gimmicky than anything, especially as the vehicle accelerates so quickly anyway, but for crossing gaps or surprising people by exploding out from cover it does have some utility.

Overall the mobility is insane, it feels like a T-100 lt on steroids, I shudder to think what the tier 10 is going to be like with 105kph top speed and 67 hp/ton. 

The auto-aim

Spoiler

Probably need to cover this separately as I have seen lot of people make comments about this, about it being a cheat, aimbot etc.  So basically it's a slightly easier to use version of the in game auto-aim, that is it. Its been a long time since I used the extended auto-aim mod that has since been deemed illegal, but I'd reckon that the wheeled vehicles auto-aim is not even as good as that. It's still, much like the current auto-aim sometimes a little fiddly to get your lock from what I found, but it certainly adds something over the current in-game version and does suit the tank well seeing as you pretty much play this tank almost always on the move. 

I would like this ability to be available on all lights, it's a feature I feel highly mobile paper tanks need to survive in the current meta. To be honest I think this tank would struggle without this ability. 

The gun

Spoiler

Probably the best thing about the tank IMO, I'd say this gun is a lot better than many of the other tier 8 light guns. Penetration is just about enough (HEAT pen is lacking, you'll not pen the over armoured heavies reliably in weakspots, even if they have them). Shell velocity is good, aim time is amazing along with the dispersions, even at the insane speeds this thing moves at you can hit stuff on the move fairly reliably. 

Plus I like the burst, you feel more like you have 350 alpha with about a 10s reload more than you are an autoloader, plus with 75 pen HE you can do 520 burst damage to other lights, arty and stuff like Skorp Gs/SU-130PM (which there are a lot of) which puts your DPM up to a meaningful level. 

Just the combination of the vehicles attributes and the guns attributes seems to work, highly mobile, fast aiming, fast shell velocity, decently accurate, quick burst damage and the auto-aim means you can dart to a spot, quickly double tap two shells into a target and be gone before they can react. 

The playstyle 

Spoiler

It is a good job the gun is good because I feel this is where the tank will do its work, WG may have intended these tanks to be 'active scouts' but in reality they cannot fulfil this role with the view range this tank has. You get outspotted by almost anything, whilst you can get the base camo to around 42% on the move which is very good, what that enables you to do more than spot stuff is move very very quickly to sneaky positions, it does not enable you to do much spotting.

Most of the assistance damage I got was basically some early damage on lights by getting to an advanced bush or mid point faster than them, you will spot them because they are also going for that mid point so drive right at you, but after that you are unlikely to spot anything much further back. Then the rest of the assistance usually comes more end game where with much less tanks around you can yolo proxy spot using the speed. But early and mid game spotting especially when other lights are around or there are lots of entrenched TDs is next to impossible, you are too blind. 

Personally I feel for this vehicle the view range is a little too low, whilst I recognise good view range on it would obsolete lights and makes these things amazing passive spotters, I think there is some middle ground here.

For example the tier 10 has 350m base view range, still terrible for tier 10, but compared to tier 10 lights this is 40m behind the worst view range tier 10 light (T-100 lt) and 70m behind the best view range tier 10 lights (Sheridan/Rhm). On tier 8 the worst tier 8 light view range is 380 and the best is 410m. That puts the EBR 100m behind the best and 70m behind the worst. I think using the tier 10 differences as a guide this tank should get its view range buffed to 340m, which would put it 70m behind the best and 40m behind the worst.  That is still a big advantage for the lights, but would allow the EBR more chance to out spot heavies and TDs, which it actually struggles to do.

With the view range the vehicle has it is not a spotter, not IMO, people might yolo scout in it and occasionally get away with it, but I think really this tank is the ultimate flanker, it uses it's amazing speed and agility, together with its amazing gun to exploit gaps, distracted targets, isolated targets etc. and basically harass and annoy people. 

It will win games not really through its spotting but more through it's damage and distraction. Lone slowish targets are going to be super vulnerable to these tanks because it can circle them faster than their turrets AND hulls can turn in most cases, even some meds you can catch out. 

It's also probably the hardest tank to play I have ever used in the game, it is completely unforgiving with the bad view range, the very low HP, the zero armour and the speed. The speed means you constantly have to have your head on a swivel and be aware of not only where the enemy team are, but where obstacles are because its so easy to crash in this thing and lose all momentum, which generally gets you killed. 

I wouldn't worry too much about not being able to shoot it though, people could hit me fairly easily at short to medium ranges, to avoid fire the speed alone is not enough, you need to be dancing and using cover as much as possible. 

Potential Problems

Spoiler

The play style leads me onto something that I think is going to be an issue with the EBR and the other wheeled vehicles, they are classed as lights, but they are not good scouts, certainly not during most of the game with lots of enemies about. Other players on your team will not get this, I already got lots of map pinging last night from players because I wasn't yolo spotting for them. 

I expect to see these vehicles get team damage and pushed around by ignorant players because really they are not good scouts and often trying to scout is suicide as even some heavies will out spot you.

Also they are very very hard to play IMO, a lot of players are just going to die in them very early, doing very little. 

As for the boosts that is not something I can comment on as I have never tried to do them, we only have to hope WG are true to their promise that they will patch in invisible walls to prevent them being done. 

Conclusion, is it fun, is it competitive, is it a good money maker? 

Spoiler

This tank is a lot of fun, I can understand why QB spent like 5 hours almost non-stop playing it when he got access, they are like nothing seen in the game before IMO and combine fun action packed playstyle with challenging mechanics. 

Whether they are competitive is less clear cut, I think I would tend to lean on this one being slightly under powered or at best average. The view range I think is the problem, it is so bad and it is doubly confounded by this tank likely to be matched up with another light. If a team gets one of these on Malinovka vs an actual light, I think that team is at a disadvantage, it just cannot outspot a light and any competent light tank player will just keep these things at arms length out spotting it and it'll go down (because as I said its not that hard to hit despite the speed).

Plus like most paper stuff in the current meta, it is a fairly low alpha, low pen, no armour tank that will often get put into corridor or city maps where it will struggle. I'd also say lights on those maps are easier to play just because of their ability to micro-position more easily so can peak etc. more easily. The EBR is awkward at slow speeds, it feels clumsy, it needs space to really get the best use of it and a lot of maps don't give it space.

I am also not sure if it is that good a premium tank for money making, for several reasons, firstly you assistance damage is not going to be huge due to the poor view range, I think tanks like the T92, Lt-432 and ELC Even will consistently do more assistance damage. Then its damage potential is probably not much higher than those tanks, maybe not even higher at all than the Lt-432 which is just a very good all round tier 8 light, so you combined damage is not going to be high and thus your credits is not going to be high. Plus at 230 credits for 175 damage the shells are not even that cheap either. 

In matchmaking terms it probably cares less about the bad tier 8 MM than most tanks, it has no armour, it has no health so everything is a threat and if you can avoid getting shot by tier 8s, you can avoid getting shot by tier 10s. Though again the view range rears its ugly head again, as pretty much every tier 9 and 10 tank is going to have 50-60m plus view range on, which is less the case against tier 6s and 7s where your maxed out 390 - 400m view range is just about competitive, but when an Obj. 140 is probably rocking 470-80m view range in experienced players hands and probably like 25% camo on the move, which means you are struggling to see a moving 140 at like 290m. 

Interestingly using the MOE mod for expected values, bearing in mind its early days so this may just be lack of date, but 3 marks for this tank was about 2.1k combined, whereas Even 90 is about 2.8k combined, Lt-432 is about 2.4- 2.5k combined, T92 is about 2.2k combined, so it seems a little behind in power compared to other tier 8 premium lights.

From my personal performance, damage wise so far it's comparable to what I can do in T92, Black Dog etc. around 1500-1600 per game, but is down on the assistance damage which is closer to around 1k for most of my tier 8 lights, whereas as its more like 700 in this. 

Tajj to be honest I hate them. I am very focused on spotting when playing lights so they annoy me. Plus the wide runing radius when driving slow is really a pita. Annoying to the enemy yes but in t8 mm the prem makes you want to pull your hair out. Siting at 40% wr after 15 battles...

Yeh the cruise mode is not really necessary unless your are doing some micro-positioning, you can turn on a dime by releasing W before the turn in fast mode. 

@hazzgar Yeh I had a session like that last night with it, dropped about 200 DPG, just got a run of completely incompetent teams mainly in tier 10. 

I think it needs something more, they are probably the worst tank in the game if you have an incompetent team, they can't really arrest a team failing, you need people to spot, occupy enemies etc. so you can use the speed to flank, shoot distracted enemies, relocate etc. 

Because they can't really trade, because your HP is so low even a hit from a crappy tier 8 med is 25% of your hit points.

From what I have seen, in terms of combined damage, and therefore average influence on the game, people like Circon, skill4ltu, QB, etc. were doing around 500-700 less damage compared to other tier 8 prem lights like the Lt-432, even 90, T92, M41 GF.

Damage was about the same or a little less, but the assistance is right down.

So I think they need a buff. 

Either the view range has to go up to something like 340-350 so they can at least spot more for the team and actually out spot heavies in the open, TDs in the open etc. 

Or if WG insist they can't encroach on the light tank role, then they need to be more focused on damage dealing and maybe they should buff the clip so it has an extra shot, with maybe a 12s reload, and maybe a buff to accuracy and penetration a little (only to say like 0.34 and like 195) so that they are basically super fast, blind aggressive snipers/flankers.

More reward I think for the risk, because at the moment they are so hard to play and you work so hard, then you look and you have done like 1.7k damage. 

I am not super unicum but I think if a player like me who is at least top 1% is struggling to make them work, the average player has zero hope.

So I am hoping all these rentals they are getting performance feedback that shows these tanks are about 20-25% contribution to games behind tier 8 lights. 

They have said its not being released until 2019, so looks like it won't be in the advent calendar. 

51 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

Yeh the cruise mode is not really necessary unless your are doing some micro-positioning, you can turn on a dime by releasing W before the turn in fast mode. 

@hazzgar Yeh I had a session like that last night with it, dropped about 200 DPG, just got a run of completely incompetent teams mainly in tier 10. 

I think it needs something more, they are probably the worst tank in the game if you have an incompetent team, they can't really arrest a team failing, you need people to spot, occupy enemies etc. so you can use the speed to flank, shoot distracted enemies, relocate etc. 

Because they can't really trade, because your HP is so low even a hit from a crappy tier 8 med is 25% of your hit points.

From what I have seen, in terms of combined damage, and therefore average influence on the game, people like Circon, skill4ltu, QB, etc. were doing around 500-700 less damage compared to other tier 8 prem lights like the Lt-432, even 90, T92, M41 GF.

Damage was about the same or a little less, but the assistance is right down.

So I think they need a buff. 

Either the view range has to go up to something like 340-350 so they can at least spot more for the team and actually out spot heavies in the open, TDs in the open etc. 

Or if WG insist they can't encroach on the light tank role, then they need to be more focused on damage dealing and maybe they should buff the clip so it has an extra shot, with maybe a 12s reload, and maybe a buff to accuracy and penetration a little (only to say like 0.34 and like 195) so that they are basically super fast, blind aggressive snipers/flankers.

More reward I think for the risk, because at the moment they are so hard to play and you work so hard, then you look and you have done like 1.7k damage. 

I am not super unicum but I think if a player like me who is at least top 1% is struggling to make them work, the average player has zero hope.

So I am hoping all these rentals they are getting performance feedback that shows these tanks are about 20-25% contribution to games behind tier 8 lights. 

They have said its not being released until 2019, so looks like it won't be in the advent calendar. 

I have a huge problem with small movement in bushes. Even in turning mode. Also as a spot focused player my performance drops like a stone. Imho WG has painted themselves into a corner here since if they make a mistake they create tanks that while not invalidate lights make them even more annoying to play.

1 hour ago, hall0 said:

Boosts seem to be back on a big scale. Overall it seems the maps aren't ready for this tank or tank class. 

Funny thing is the "boost" on mountain pass is not really an ebr boost. An lttb followed me there. Arty killed us both since target prioritezation is important for cancer.

I noticed one stupid thing. Current MM thinks wheeled vehicles and lights are the same thing. Now imagine you get a scouty map. Redshire, malinovka, prokorovka, fiery salient whatever. Your light has 390m vr, enemy has 490. Guess who has a team with -5000 hp?

55 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

I noticed one stupid thing. Current MM thinks wheeled vehicles and lights are the same thing. Now imagine you get a scouty map. Redshire, malinovka, prokorovka, fiery salient whatever. Your light has 390m vr, enemy has 490. Guess who has a team with -5000 hp?

I guess WG's theory is that on maps where VR is irrelevant the better forward / backward mobility and gun will make up for the spotting difference on the few maps where it might matter.

11 hours ago, Ezz said:

I guess WG's theory is that on maps where VR is irrelevant the better forward / backward mobility and gun will make up for the spotting difference on the few maps where it might matter.

Yeah I'm sure as hell being fast will be useful on himmels, ensk etc. I think the only advantage this tank has is on abbey where it can rush mid and mines. The problem with mid rush on mines is with multiple tanks going hill being there first is not insta win so that's not even that useful.