Ham_

Armored cars in Supertest, top speed up to 100km/h

66 posts in this topic

On 12/21/2018 at 10:40 PM, hazzgar said:

Funny thing is the "boost" on mountain pass is not really an ebr boost. An lttb followed me there. Arty killed us both since target prioritezation is important for cancer.

Yeh I have seen a TVP up on some of those boosts, the EBR can get to places other tanks can't but I think it more generally just highlighted that there are more boostable spots than people thought on the new HD maps. 

On 12/21/2018 at 11:24 PM, hazzgar said:

I noticed one stupid thing. Current MM thinks wheeled vehicles and lights are the same thing. Now imagine you get a scouty map. Redshire, malinovka, prokorovka, fiery salient whatever. Your light has 390m vr, enemy has 490. Guess who has a team with -5000 hp?

Yes it's stupid, especially if the enemy light is aware of this, because they can basically keep you at arms length outspotting you, whilst also letting their team farm your team, leaving you rather hopeless. 

Long term, if WG continues down this path of them being blind, I'd like to see them as their own special class.  

On 12/22/2018 at 12:21 AM, Ezz said:

I guess WG's theory is that on maps where VR is irrelevant the better forward / backward mobility and gun will make up for the spotting difference on the few maps where it might matter.

Gun power is not good enough to compensate.

For the EBR compared to most tier 8 lights its only real gun power advantage is gun handling with it's amazing dispersion and aim time. But in terms of clip damage/alpha, DPM, penetration, accuracy it is no more powerful than any of the others, with it's firepower being on the low side for effectiveness on tier 8.

Certainly not enough to compensate for the spot advantage, it needs a long time to do meaningful damage to carry, just like a tier 8 light does, but it won't be doing the assistance damage.

And on non-spotting maps, this means city and corridor maps where the mobility counts for nothing, going 80kph on himmelsdorf means squat all really, you'll get to the hill like 5-10s faster than a light, that is about it and because you have wheels all your micro-positioning is awkward and takes longer, so those little peak and advantage taking shots you need to do with paper vehicles on city and corridor maps is actually harder than tanks. 

IF the tank has to keep being so blind it needs a level of firepower advantage over lights to compensate, so IIRC most streamers I saw were around 400-600 assistance per game on average down on their tier 8 lights, with similar or less DPGs.

So you are talking about the wheeled vehicles on tier 8 needing firepower than enables them to do about 500 - 700 DPG more than most good players are getting than lights, so more good tier 8 med levels of DPG (which it needs to do without meds hit points/armour). 

Which would mean quite a firepower buff.  Probably like for the EBR at least one more shell in the clip, maybe a DPM buff to about 2k so the reload is almost as short as now, better standard and premium pen (like 200 plus and 240 for the prem), maybe better accuracy and shell drop of values.

Interestingly WG has collected feedback on the EBR from the RU server (obviously) -

kolesnaia_inf.jpg

Which apparently translates roughly to -

Qestions from top to bottom: These are rough translations, I might have some errors.

• Your opinion on the tank? 46% seem to think it's average.

Now other ones rate the tank from 1 to 5, 5 being best:

1. It is easy to dominate the battle with it? 42% of players disagree.
  2. Tank is able to make a decisive contribution to the victory? Most of players are split on this manner.
  3. Is it better than "TTH(I think this is tech tree shortened)" T8 LTs? 47% players disagree.
  4. Tank "handles" higher tiers easy? 48% players disagree.
  5. Rate the survivability/Is it easy to damage? 59% agree it's easy to damage/kill I guess.
  6. Does it demand the players' skill? 63% agree.
  7. Is it dangerous tank to face? Players are split, but most think it's on easier side to deal with.
  8. Is it unlike other tanks? 76% of players agree it's unique.

And last question:

• Would you like to see wheeled tanks in the game? Most players said yes, but with further tweaks.

So I'd expect to see some buffs before the EBR comes live based on that. 

On 1/7/2019 at 10:49 AM, tajj7 said:

Which would mean quite a firepower buff.  Probably like for the EBR at least one more shell in the clip, maybe a DPM buff to about 2k so the reload is almost as short as now, better standard and premium pen (like 200 plus and 240 for the prem), maybe better accuracy and shell drop of values.

So what was the point of the Panther again?

54 minutes ago, Haswell said:

A free xp sink.

Oh right, I forgot that we're not playing a game with a diverse roster of tanks armoured vehicles, but are only an ATM for WG.

Has it been confirmed these will branch off from AMX ELC ?

10 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

Oh right, I forgot that we're not playing a game with a diverse roster of tanks armoured vehicles, but are only an ATM for WG.

Which Panther?

Tier 7 one, Panther 88 or Panther 2, to be honest they are all crap, but no reason for other tanks to be crap because of it.

Panther 2 and Panther 88 need making more E50 like IMO, more DPM, better frontal armour so they can bully lower tiers etc. 

Buff both.

4 hours ago, Lethul said:

Has it been confirmed these will branch off from AMX ELC ?

It's starting at tier 6 so I presume so, they have super tested tier 6-10 vehicles. 

----------------------------------

They have buffed it -

Changes in brief:
  • Engine power increased by 5%.
  • Increased braking efficiency.
  • Change to driving mode shortened from 0.2 to 0.1s.
  • Reduced debuff caused by wheel damage.
  • Increased maneuverability in travel mode at low speeds.
  • Magazine reload time reduced from 10.3 to 9.5s.

They seem to have basically buffed the mobility, made it more agile and harder to slow down.

Plus a DPM buff which is rather meaningless as it wasn't a reload issue but the burst level being too ineffective. 

Mobility was it's massive strong point, it has hyper mobility but very poor survivability, poor firepower and terrible view range, would much prefer they made it a more well rounded vehicle that worked in more situations, than just this situational go kart. 

14 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

Which Panther?

Tier 7 one, Panther 88 or Panther 2, to be honest they are all crap, but no reason for other tanks to be crap because of it.

Panther 2 and Panther 88 need making more E50 like IMO, more DPM, better frontal armour so they can bully lower tiers etc. 

Buff both.

It's starting at tier 6 so I presume so, they have super tested tier 6-10 vehicles. 

----------------------------------

They have buffed it -

They seem to have basically buffed the mobility, made it more agile and harder to slow down.

Plus a DPM buff which is rather meaningless as it wasn't a reload issue but the burst level being too ineffective. 

Mobility was it's massive strong point, it has hyper mobility but very poor survivability, poor firepower and terrible view range, would much prefer they made it a more well rounded vehicle that worked in more situations, than just this situational go kart. 

Yeah but maybe the increased mobility in travel mode means it won't be awkward as fuck to play around corners.

Also it's better braking not worse. 

They need to fix the amount of damage these things take when they jump.  I ramped a sand dune on sand river in the tier X one on the test server - landed on my wheels on sand and lost 1200 HP.  It was a jump that would have done zero damage to my T-100LT.

I wish they would do away with the two mode thing and just split the difference, its too fragile to be doinking around with the X key trying to zoom zoom pew pew.  They are just not very competitive IMHO, even less so than the gimped LTs.

No durability, no view range, no fire power.  They are basically skeet targets for derp guns.

2 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

They are basically skeet targets for derp guns.

It’s like ebony and ivory. They belong together/deserve each other.

Yup. Already did it, in fact. Not that I think the cars will be anything more than an interesting diversion.

2 hours ago, Kymrel said:

I think the cars will be anything more than an interesting diversion.

I think being a diversion is about the only role they are any good at.  They can turn turrets, they just can't pen them

I don't get why t6 and t7 are as fast as normal lights. 65-70kpt doesn't make them fast. I hoped there was a gem in the low tiers where people have shit acc so you can use the speed and zoom zoom for the win but nope. All of them are shit.