Sign in to follow this  
tajj7

Struggling to get to grips with the tier 10 meta

13 posts in this topic

With the Caern AX missions I have over the weekend started playing more tier 10 than usual, partly because it gets the missions done easier and partly because everyone else will be playing 10s as well meaning lower tiers will get screwed even more to make up the numbers.

And it turns out I suck, I cannot handle the tier 10 meta at all, especially in the all tier 10 games. 

Most games to me seem to basically encompass the following -

• 5-8 armoured tanks on each team, most game who all go to the same spot and brawl, where most of the engagements seems basically come down to premium spamming RNG fests whilst trying to avoid big HE hits from arty/183s/Type 5s. 
  • 2-4 papery medium tanks who seem to flirt around the edges not really doing much, unable to really position themselves anywhere to be that effective without getting wrecked.
  • And then 4-6 tier TDs, usually sh*tbarns or JpE100s camping at the back covering most lanes and sh*tting on anyone that dares to leave cover.
  • Plus every other game is 3 arty since the new PMs.

I am therefore left pretty clueless what to actually do to have any real impact on the game.

If I am in a brawling ish heavy, say 5A I am fighting with 4-5 team mates at one spot that can't really accommodate us all, staring down at a succession of other hull down tanks or super heavies whilst getting artied or derped by HE or some bob gets a high pen roll with premium ammo cos he decided to shoot my turret for that 1 in 10 chance shot.

If I look to go somewhere else, it doesn't really exist as you don't want to push the other flanks as hordes of TDs will be camping there waiting for someone to get spotted. I can't go bully meds cos in most games there are barely any there in the first place.

If I pick a med not suited to brawling I end just flirting around trying to probe gaps and look for shots, but aside the heavy/armoured TD brawl going on, everyone else pretty much camps and the maps give you limited options to find gaps anyway.  If I play a bit more passively it seems my team melts before I can play any role, basically depending on who wins that heavy brawl, which often seems to be down to RNG more than anything. 

Example from last night, was in Obj. 140 on Studanksi. 

I go left to the hill with one T-62A (there are literally 4 meds in this whole game), trying to get some side shots into their heavies, spot any of their meds on the hill etc. but we spot one Leo who is obviously reluctant to push up as he'll get wrecked, we can't push him because there is a sh*tbarn camping outside render on the train tracks.

So I go all the way across the other flank to see if something can be done there, only to watch a platoon of E3s on our team get wrecked by arty and their camping ridge line TDs, so come back to the middle to try to get our heavies moving but I can't flank that factory building either side because of the TDs, I can't push into 60Tps, Super Cs, E100s etc. with a 140, I try to spam some HEAT into the action to tip it in the favour of our heavies but eventually they lose the brawl and their camping TDs find their W key and they finish the rest of us off. 

I did like 4k ish damage, lost a huge amount of credits and still had no clue how to tip that game in our favour.

I have been on tilt pretty much the whole weekend, even got a TK ban because I lost it with some idiot IS7 who kept bumping me whilst I was tying to aim and then drove in front of my shot.

All in all it was an awful weekend of play, I played so badly, any aggressive move I tried got shut down hard, I tried going a bit more passive in a few games but it didn't work at that well either. 

So just wondered how others are coping with the tier 10 meta? 

ill say this, tier 10 game-play right now is fucked. 

just like with the progetto missions this marathon has brought out the worst of the worst and has condensed them all into one tier.....tier 10. (dont forget the added bonus of the weekend warriors)

plus what you mentioned with the new personal missions increasing arty play? i dont really think its so much you not being able to "handle the meta". but more that tier 10 game-play has been ruined for the next week or 2.

Play arty because woopdifuckingdoo who would have guessed the x5 retards are actually useless at dodging shots

>missions done while netflix/beating meat/cooking/cleaning on reload/working out on reload/shooting up a school during rld if u live close and na

19 hours ago, Kolni said:

Play arty because woopdifuckingdoo who would have guessed the x5 retards are actually useless at dodging shots

>missions done while netflix/beating meat/cooking/cleaning on reload/working out on reload/shooting up a school during rld if u live close and na

I rebought my S51 to spread cancer Caernarvon the AX. wat is aim?

just dont play the game. the game is hopeless outside of a reminder game to allow you to remember how trash wot is.

Eh you have problems? Check my stats of my recent tier 9s and compare it to my recent tier 10s. With the Juanito-4 i have 62% WR and if I recall well enough purple wn8. With the 5a 45% and 2,2k wn8. Almost 20% wr difference. 

And I still dont know why. Probably due to the better MM? But then again I grinded the 1111-4 from stock with the shitty 100mm gun where I was useless.

I've sort of fixed it by just playing the 430U, cos it's OP and can pretty much do anything.

But I am more just leaning to doing the XP missions and doing it in tier 9s, as that tier is so much more enjoyable, at worst you see 5 tier 10s, so you don't get so much broken crap in one game. 

Whereas most tier 9s are decently balanced, only really Type 4s are a bit annoying but less so than the Type 5 and T95 can be a pain since they over buffed it, especially as half the bobs on your team tend to just drive at it and refuse to use prem ammo at these things. 

Leaving aside the meta, I'm mostly just not good enough for tier 10, outside of a few bricks (e100, jpe100).  I can do okay in those, but the gameplay for those is pretty brainless.  I really don't play tier 10s much right now.

How is this really different from the meta of Tier 7 and up?  I mean, it's probably worse at Tier 10, but frankly the same problem exists at Tier 7 and up, possibly 6 and up to some extent.  The core of the issue is the map design; tanks only exacerbate it, they don't create it.

Draw Himmels/Ensk/Abbey repeatedly and you really wonder wtf is the point of driving anything but an HT.

On 9/25/2018 at 6:17 PM, FlorbFnarb said:

How is this really different from the meta of Tier 7 and up?  I mean, it's probably worse at Tier 10, but frankly the same problem exists at Tier 7 and up, possibly 6 and up to some extent.  The core of the issue is the map design; tanks only exacerbate it, they don't create it.

Draw Himmels/Ensk/Abbey repeatedly and you really wonder wtf is the point of driving anything but an HT.

I don't think you can really compare cancer Tier 10 meta to anything else.

On tier 6-8you only have few high alpha guns/high burst auto-loaders.Full tier 10 matches consists at least of three 750+ alpha guns which wank of in some retarded bush. Not talking about the Type5s, 60TPs, Bobjects which you have to fight through first before you have the pleasure of meeting them. And of course there is tier 10 cancer, which is guaranteed to eliminate one crew member or a module in your tank every time it decides to shoot in your general direction.

23 hours ago, Zampella said:

I don't think you can really compare cancer Tier 10 meta to anything else.

On tier 6-8you only have few high alpha guns/high burst auto-loaders.Full tier 10 matches consists at least of three 750+ alpha guns which wank of in some retarded bush. Not talking about the Type5s, 60TPs, Bobjects which you have to fight through first before you have the pleasure of meeting them. And of course there is tier 10 cancer, which is guaranteed to eliminate one crew member or a module in your tank every time it decides to shoot in your general direction.

Yeah, that's why I said it was worse at Tier 10, but to be honest, the maps generate this sort of thing.  Nothing like drawing Abbey with a middle tier light tank knowing that there's so little room on that map that your options are mostly (1) rush the center abbey and hope you survive running into the guy on the *other* team with the same idea, or (2) just hold back and do nothing until 1/3 the enemy team dies and you can find a gap.