Sign in to follow this  
BlitzReaper

Suddenly getting FPS drops for every game

3 posts in this topic

I haven't changed anything about my laptop (sorry) at all during the past months. Suddenly today I'm starting to get very big FPS drops in games like WoT, CSGO, etc.

On WoT my FPS usually varies between 120-80, 80 being the lowest. Now, when I play I sometimes get 40 FPS.

For example, when I am aiming normal view with arty (sorry again), my FPS stays above 80, usually over 100. When I switch to the other view, it drops down to around 70. 

When I play normal tanks or have the direct view with my arty, sometimes the FPS drops down to around 40.

I have downloaded nothing, CPU and RAM seem normal, I also cleaned the vents of the laptop even though it was only slightly dusty, and I also did disk defrag etc. My SSD also has a lot of free space.

Also with CSGO my FPS is normally 200, and it sometimes randomly drops to around 100. Of course it's playable, but getting those FPS drops are damn annoying.

Could anyone maybe suggest me something to do so I can find out what's causing this?

Install MSI afterburner and let it display the CPU and GPU temps while ingame and report back.

With tanks I also know that heavy network traffic can impact performance leading to dips in FPS. Make sure to connect via cable to your network (if not already the case), play tanks in windowed mode and reduce the size of that window, so that you can run and see something like "Glasswire" in a second window. If you see spikes in network traffic while FPS dips you found your culprit. Glasswire displays applications and their network usage.

On 11/11/2018 at 11:43 PM, BlitzReaper said:

I haven't changed anything about my laptop (sorry) at all during the past months. Suddenly today I'm starting to get very big FPS drops in games like WoT, CSGO, etc.

On WoT my FPS usually varies between 120-80, 80 being the lowest. Now, when I play I sometimes get 40 FPS.

For example, when I am aiming normal view with arty (sorry again), my FPS stays above 80, usually over 100. When I switch to the other view, it drops down to around 70. 

When I play normal tanks or have the direct view with my arty, sometimes the FPS drops down to around 40.

I have downloaded nothing, CPU and RAM seem normal, I also cleaned the vents of the laptop even though it was only slightly dusty, and I also did disk defrag etc. My SSD also has a lot of free space.

Also with CSGO my FPS is normally 200, and it sometimes randomly drops to around 100. Of course it's playable, but getting those FPS drops are damn annoying.

Could anyone maybe suggest me something to do so I can find out what's causing this?

See, there's your problem. Should have downloaded more RAM. sry had to