Lethul

LT-432

24 posts in this topic

Thread for this beast?
A bit overpowered but damn it is fun to play :)

What equipment are people using for it?

I went with optics vents rammer. But i suspect optics vstab rammer would probably be as good or better a bet.

12 minutes ago, Ezz said:

I went with optics vents rammer. But i suspect optics vstab rammer would probably be as good or better a bet.

how does it play with SEA mm? 

22 minutes ago, lavawing said:

how does it play with SEA mm? 

Like most lights. Good if on an open map or with a decent team. Shit if you have a team of idiots.

I run Vents, Rammer, Optics.

I have put a girl crew in it but since they are just working on the 3rd skill i run food to compensate for the not too good view range.

In my expirience it gets set on fire A LOT so i also run the FF directive.

in t9s and 10s it is a decent scout with a lack of penetration (but arent that all lights) and as top tier xou can stomp down pretty hard on everyone due to the pretty good armor. Unfortunately on NA you see a top tier match every 20 Matches or so :(

For the highest Dpm. I ran VS, Optics, Rammer, With food. Working on getting BIA.

I was running vstab/optics/rammer for my first 10 or so games, then switched vstab for vents. The extra view range is really needed for piercing camo, even with a max crew. It also has identical handling to the M48 Patton, so not so great that a vstab is unnecessary/unhelpful, but not so bad that you absolutely have to have one.

Run food for the extra camo/view range, though pay attention when your fuel tanks get hit, it happens quite often in this tank.

My ammo loadout is 24/24/3, I could probably run less ap, but a few games it's been useful for carrying. They also have decent shell velocity at 1k m/s. The HE shells have really excellent alpha at 300, so worth having a few of those.

The tank is big, but very low profile which is very nice. Combined with troll Russian armor, you get some weird lucky bounces. I've bounced tier 10 TD prem rounds on multiple occasions. It's quite mobile, with 70 kph as the top speed and an excellent hp/t at 33. It doesn't turn great, but I don't often find myself wishing I was a bit nimbler like I do in the M41 GF. The tank isn't super great at vision to do the lack of view range, but has enough camo to allow it to do the job just fine. The gun is good, especially combined with the low silhouette, and a random 7 degrees of gun depression. 

My 432 shares a crew with the T100-LT.   The 432 turn reasonably well compared to the T100-LT. 

I actually run a full passive spotting setup.  Vents, food, BIA, Optics , Binocs and both vision skills.  Current teams are so completely clueless about team makeup, dispositions and map awareness that it seems pretty important to continually try light the opposition. I also lack the eyesight and hand-eye coordination for a lot of damage dealing in lights (or mediums) so I gotta try different approaches.

Unfortunately though, the only way to dig out some double bushed TD's and arty is to proxy spot them.

I'd probably run it with this build: https://tanks.gg/tank/lt-432?e=17.21.5&c=-1.-1.10&k=0

Though other combinations with vstab could work. Low chance of fire and premium income means that food is very viable, though you can probably live without if your commander has view range skills. The thing that makes the 432 strong is the combo of a low silhouette, good camo, and non-autopen armor with troll zones. Whatever its doing, its probably safer than any other tier 8 light trying to do the same. Compared to something like an M41 which will be using fundamentally the same tactics but is going to be spotted, hit, and penned so much more often. That's the power of a small, relatively well-protected chassis.

1 hour ago, Mikosah said:

he thing that makes the 432 strong is the combo of a low silhouette, good camo, and non-autopen armor with troll zones. 

Because anecdotes are a thing of beauty, my 432 has already been ammoracked from full health by a 704 400+m away, been blind fired by a t30 that started a fire and killed me and blind fire penned by a type 5. Yet my blackdog had a habit of getting random bounces.

But yeah, agree the safest of the 8 meds. Just hasn't always felt that way...

This should be a thread of its own...

"Because anecdotes are a thing of beauty, my 432 has already..."

- bounced a 750 alpha T-95 shot off the upper plate.

It's good but it's still a tier 8 light with like max 220 pen and 180 alpha in the always in tier 10 meta where you get horrible corridor maps most games.

I would say it's very very far from OP. (apparently the Russian community want it buffed), probably edges out most other tier 8 lights, but those aren't very good anyway and the T92/ELC Even are still better at the vision game as pure spotters. 

It's biggest advantage is it can bully top tier, tier 6s and some tier 7s will struggle to pen the turret and stuff with about 150 pen will bounce off the upper plate which makes it quite a monster in dealing with tier 6-7 meds and most tier 6-7 lights, especially as it weighs 27 tons as well so can ram them as well. Obvious issue is how many games do you get like that. 

In the current meta, I got tier X games most of the times being the only one tier VIII scout in tier X (13 matches played with only 1 as top tier) and in that, especially in a shit map (Paris, etc.) you really can't use your dpm or armor. Plus the teams are horrible on each side and mm luck plays an unnecessarily big part of how the battle will eventually end. Being in tier VIII or less - in good hands - it can easily carry games (I did twice being the only tank alive I could manage to cap against slow heavies and use my camo). Being sad in the only top tier game I did 4k dmg with 3,5k spotting but in the others I died with 1,5k combined while the team evaporated within minutes (40 seconds into the game and 1-6).

Basically the problem with the game is not the types of tanks they release or not, its the game itself and it seems they really don't want to fix it anytime soon.

First 8 games I played with the tank I aced it twice, both those games were the only two top tier games (one 3-5-7, one 5-10), the rest were all tier 10.  It feels massively powerful in those match ups because aside maybe stuff like the Type 59, T-54 proto, Cent variants etc. you are pretty much better armoured than most tier 8 meds but way way faster, so you can easily slip between several roles with ease, spotter, flanker, bully, hull down ridge worker etc. 

It's going to be interesting if they ever fix the tier 8 MM as balance for tier 8s is going to completely out of whack, this thing, Progettos, buffed IS6s and Type 59s seeing a lot more tier 6 and 7 tanks is going to be painful for those tanks I think.

5 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

First 8 games I played with the tank I aced it twice, both those games were the only two top tier games (one 3-5-7, one 5-10), the rest were all tier 10.  It feels massively powerful in those match ups because aside maybe stuff like the Type 59, T-54 proto, Cent variants etc. you are pretty much better armoured than most tier 8 meds but way way faster, so you can easily slip between several roles with ease, spotter, flanker, bully, hull down ridge worker etc. 

It's going to be interesting if they ever fix the tier 8 MM as balance for tier 8s is going to completely out of whack, this thing, Progettos, buffed IS6s and Type 59s seeing a lot more tier 6 and 7 tanks is going to be painful for those tanks I think.

Asia MM is semifixed and tier 8 is basically a contest between the best premium tanks. The 432 is pretty dominant as far as lights go but because of the sheer amount of UDES/STRVs/Kanonens plus Progettoes and heavies you can't really pen, it's not as crazy as one would have thought either.

27 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

You aced it twice? How much XP did you get? I got 1488 base xp and only got Master 1 :(

mastery1.jpg

My theory is that prior to the automatic ace algorithm having enough data it just defaults to about 1250 raw for aces. Same thing for me - the day i bought it i aced it a few times with stuff around the 1300 mark. Two days later and 1482 raw was a 1st.

On 11/23/2018 at 10:53 AM, Lethul said:

You aced it twice? How much XP did you get? I got 1488 base xp and only got Master 1 :(

1519 Base XP was enough for Ace 2 days ago. 1280XP was only 2nd Class yesterday :kjugh:

Now 25 Games have been played and I'm considering buying the 432. Could play T92 + LT4321 in a loop then^^ Is it worth the 10 beer?

On 11/23/2018 at 9:30 AM, lavawing said:

Asia MM is semifixed and tier 8 is basically a contest between the best premium tanks. The 432 is pretty dominant as far as lights go but because of the sheer amount of UDES/STRVs/Kanonens plus Progettoes and heavies you can't really pen, it's not as crazy as one would have thought either.

Wish they brought that MM test to other servers.

Yeh I don't think the tank is ever going to be super OP, it's strong but it's still a light with 175 pen and 180 alpha.

On 11/23/2018 at 9:53 AM, Lethul said:

mastery1.jpg

No idea but I think it was the first day, they were both around 4 - 4.5k damage games, one with a lot of kills and one with a lot of assistance.