Sign in to follow this  
BlitzReaper

I can't come back to my Obj 140 after playing with 430U

13 posts in this topic

I nowadays have a very hard time trying to come back to my 140, my first t10 , after getting my 430U.

I have a feeling that the 430U is much stronger than the obj140 in general, even if their playstyles differ. 

The 140 feels a lot more nimble for me, but the armor feels really non-existent. The gun also is nice if you catch enemies making mistakes, but the alpha sometimes really annoys me. I also always feel like it's a situational tank compared to the 430U.

430U on the other hand feels overpowered as it is, because it can relatively do everything the 140 is good at, and the armor is just godly. I don't mind holding down flanks and being in the frontline, or being the first guy to take a super aggressive position early game whereas I just can't seem to do it in my 140.

How can I get back to my 140?

3 hours ago, BlitzReaper said:

i dont have a 62a

What the fuck?

The T62A exists as an excuse to play the T-54 for longer so you technically aren't stat-padding in it. 

7 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

What the fuck?

The T62A exists as an excuse to play the T-54 for longer so you technically aren't stat-padding in it. 

My mom's credit card isn't enough for me to spam heat in my t54 :(

57 minutes ago, BlitzReaper said:

My mom's credit card isn't enough for me to spam heat in my t54 :(

If you do well enough you will at least break even with HEAT spam, if not getting a extra few thousand credits.

22 hours ago, BlitzReaper said:

I nowadays have a very hard time trying to come back to my 140, my first t10 , after getting my 430U.

I have a feeling that the 430U is much stronger than the obj140 in general, even if their playstyles differ. 

The 140 feels a lot more nimble for me, but the armor feels really non-existent. The gun also is nice if you catch enemies making mistakes, but the alpha sometimes really annoys me. I also always feel like it's a situational tank compared to the 430U.

430U on the other hand feels overpowered as it is, because it can relatively do everything the 140 is good at, and the armor is just godly. I don't mind holding down flanks and being in the frontline, or being the first guy to take a super aggressive position early game whereas I just can't seem to do it in my 140.

How can I get back to my 140?

Wait until WG nerfs it. Or don't because even if it happens WG will never nerf it for real

Remember when people bitched about the 140 being OP? And then it got its turret buffed. Yet the power leap is so extreme that in less than a year it’s considered merely average.

The only thing about the 430U I found is the accuracy can be annoying at times, that is about it.

Apart from that it's just a does everything medium, it's got better armour than most heavies, and is easy mode to be honest.  It's a weird level of power creep that the Obj. 140 has become challenging to play. 

20 hours ago, Haswell said:

If you do well enough you will at least break even with HEAT spam, if not getting a extra few thousand credits.

Only on your server where they give out 50% 2H credit reserves like they're Tic Tac's, back here on superior and alive servers we get fuck all and won't break even :doge: 

1 hour ago, Kolni said:

Only on your server where they give out 50% 2H credit reserves like they're Tic Tac's, back here on superior and alive servers we get fuck all and won't break even :doge: 

Yeah strangely enough 1 year ago they gave much more reserves. Now I play on some random dudes account and he had nothing for not playing so I really notice how rare it's to get anything that's not 50% crew and 50% free exp.

The great thing about th 430U is that it can be useful during the mid part of the game where it can brawl with heavies or when top tier bully lower tier tanks to win a flank. The other mediums can't so they are limited to a support role that nerfs their carry potential.

This thing is blatantly OP, yet for some reason I still struggle with it... after 20 games (small sample size, I know) I've got a 30% WR and just over 2k dpg. Somewhat frustrating considering how stupid this tank is.

The thing I don't get is why this tank is in the game in the first place. What was wrong with the old Object 430? Now I've got a tank that, while better in most aspects, has a completely different playstyle than the one I set out to grind.