Deus__Ex__Machina

The Lansen (tier 8 Swedish Medium Premium)

23 posts in this topic

source: https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2018/12/05/supertest-the-lansen/

4Ux8hmz.jpg

"The Lansen C is a Swedish Medium Tank. And get this: it goes really fast. The power-to-weight ratio is outstanding: 28.4 hp/ton with a top speed of 50km. While the top speed isn’t anything to necessarily write home about on its own, the substantial power-to-weight ratio allows it to hit that top speed quickly and maintain it on soft ground. Additionally boasting solid firepower on a 10.5cm cannon with 320 average Alpha. While 320 Alpha is above average for a Tier VIII medium, its accuracy and aiming parameters prevent it from being a reliable sniper. Coupled with the relatively low armor values, this will likely place the Lansen C into a Flex Support category, similar to mid-tiered US Mediums. On paper, I would liken the vehicle to a Tier VIII T20 with better mobility. You need to rely on your mobility and the excellent Gun Depression angle of -10 Degrees.The vehicle will excel at claiming key map positions early, engaging in some active scouting, then flexing to another flank for support. The Lansen is a ‘social’ vehicle – it fares better in a pack than it does in one-on-one engagements, so laying down solid, punchy, mid-range supporting fire is the name of the game. As always, stats are subject to change based on testing."

Hopefully this is an early sign of a possible Swedish medium tank line, otherwise its just another premium tank to add to the roster. 

I like the looks of this, hopefully this'll lead to a med line to put my second Swedish girl crew in, as I allocated some for each line before realizing the heavies are pretty bad.

The article never mentioned it being a premium, and this thing from what I recall has been the tier 8 MT on Swedish tech tree proposals, as well as it being quite similar to the Leo, so...

I am smelling tier 8-10 Swedish MTs incoming.

3 hours ago, Tman450 said:

Looks pretty generic to be honest. Not that I'm against balanced vehicles, but why buy a balanced premium in 2018 when there are a dozen powerful ones?

How is this generic? How many 28hp/t meds you have? Especially with good alpha and not t44/t34-2 trash gun? Basically the TVP which is slower and has no gun dep. 

Gun looks crap, depending on soft stats of course. Regardless of the alpha, paper meds in the current meta are underpowered enough, they are awful with bad gun handling and accuracy. 

2 hours ago, leggasiini said:

I don't think we have any 320 alpha meds either, not ones with -10 gun dep and that kind of hp/ton, at least.

there was an article that was taken down shortly before this one was put up stating it was a tier 8 premium in ST, and tbh they always start with the premium first before the actual line so it would make sense.

2 hours ago, tajj7 said:

Gun looks crap, depending on soft stats of course. Regardless of the alpha, paper meds in the current meta are underpowered enough, they are awful with bad gun handling and accuracy. 

Depends on the bloom but if it's a faster m4rev that sacrifices 70 alpha for speed I can accept that.

47 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

Depends on the bloom but if it's a faster m4rev that sacrifices 70 alpha for speed I can accept that.

Already has worse accuracy and aim time than the Rev and the Rev has good dispersion, so they'll need to be good to compete. 

Hopefully this is a new line, a tier 8 premium like this doesn't really appeal and isn't needed. 

But a -10 gun depression, highly mobile, paper med with high alpha line to tier 10 could be interesting. RIP Leo though, but that is already the case. 

1 hour ago, tajj7 said:

RIP Leo though, but that is already the case. 

I would think that the Leo would be the branching off point, unless you're referring to the fact that it'd probably creep the Leopard 1.

8 hours ago, hazzgar said:

How is this generic? How many 28hp/t meds you have? Especially with good alpha and not t44/t34-2 trash gun? Basically the TVP which is slower and has no gun dep. 

It's a paper med with no armor, a 50kph top speed, and bad gun handling. 

I didn't say it was bad, after all it has -10 gun depression, 320 alpha and good acceleration. it's basically a better TVP VTU, but the TVP is trash. I said it looks Balanced, which is a good thing, but lackluster in the day and age where you have Defender, chryslers etc. running around.

After all, the CDC is even faster (36hp/ton) and also has -10 gun depression and much better gun handling, and is considered trash. you think this is going to be miles better because of 320 alpha?

20 minutes ago, Tman450 said:

It's a paper med with no armor, a 50kph top speed, and bad gun handling. 

I didn't say it was bad, after all it has -10 gun depression, 320 alpha and good acceleration. it's basically a better TVP VTU, but the TVP is trash. I said it looks Balanced, which is a good thing, but lackluster in the day and age where you have Defender, chryslers etc. running around.

After all, the CDC is even faster (36hp/ton) and also has -10 gun depression and much better gun handling, and is considered trash. you think this is going to be miles better because of 320 alpha?

Using super broad terms every tank is generic. It's either - paper med, hull down heavy, hull down med, glass canon td, armored slow td, armored fast td, sidescraping heavy. That's like 90% of the tanks in game.

Also what gun handling? We get no info about gun handling. 

20 hours ago, Nicarasu said:

I would think that the Leo would be the branching off point, unless you're referring to the fact that it'd probably creep the Leopard 1.

Leo 1, presuming this is a new mini branch that will lead to some paper, fast, gun depression, high alpha med.

------------------------------

IMO in the current meta paper stuff has to be exceptional in several areas to be viable to balance out how much having paper is a disadvantage, for example would be the TVPs super fast autoloader or maybe the Progettos's auto-reloader.  Or like the Skoropin's high alpha, good pen, accuracy on a turreted platform. 

320 alpha on tier 8 and high hp/ton is nowhere near enough. 

Mobility alone just does not cut it, you need high mobility and very high firepower IMO. 

3 hours ago, tajj7 said:

Leo 1, presuming this is a new mini branch that will lead to some paper, fast, gun depression, high alpha med.

------------------------------

IMO in the current meta paper stuff has to be exceptional in several areas to be viable to balance out how much having paper is a disadvantage, for example would be the TVPs super fast autoloader or maybe the Progettos's auto-reloader.  Or like the Skoropin's high alpha, good pen, accuracy on a turreted platform. 

320 alpha on tier 8 and high hp/ton is nowhere near enough. 

Mobility alone just does not cut it, you need high mobility and very high firepower IMO. 

Ok, that's what i thought. I do agree that paper stuff needs to have a lot of advantages to make up for it. Like the STRV 103B and its 4k dpm and absurd camo.

WG seems to love the Swedes with a tier 8 premium TD, tier 6 premium autoloader, tier 8 sabaton, tier 8 premium emil in supertest and now this tank. 

6 hours ago, Hellsfog said:

WG seems to love the Swedes with a tier 8 premium TD, tier 6 premium autoloader, tier 8 sabaton, tier 8 premium emil in supertest and now this tank. 

The introduction of the swedish tree was the last time that the player-numbers went notably upwards and stayed there for a while. It's pretty much only a downspiral since then.