Sign in to follow this  
Errants

Tanks for Nothing and Credits for Free!! 2018 Edition

So, I went and did this for myself last year... 

And, since they're doing the same thing again, this year (II-V 100% off, VI 80%, VII 60%, VIII 50%, IX 40%, X 30%), let's see if anything has changed with the new nations. Please remember that all numbers will be what you net in profit unless otherwise stated. There may be tanks close to the leader/runner(s) up, but I'm using the rough rule of "close enough for Errants to mention", and not a hard and fast percentage for almost making the cut.

Tier II - H35 - 2.1k - Still the winner, though the runners' up have changed...
Runner(s) up - M14/41 @ 2.05k, and 7TP @ 1.975k. You also have the following all at 1.95k: Strv m/38, VAE Type B, Chi-Ni, LT vz. 35, FCM 36, Loyd GC, and UC 2-pdr

Tier III - SU-26 - 26.5k - Unchanged
Runner(s) up - Any other arty are 22.5k - 25.5k. Those vehemently anti-arty can lose out on at least 3k with the following: Type 91 @ 23.25k, Pz 1 C @ 22.9k, M15/42 @ 22.7k, and Chi-Ha @ 22.5k

Tier IV - B1 - 92.5k - Unchanged
Runner(s) up - D.W. 2 @ 85k, Type 95 @ 83k, VK 20.01 D @ 78.5k, St.Pz. II @ 78k, and SARL 42 or Luchs @ 77.5k

Tier V - O-I Exp. - 222.5k - Unchanged
Runner(s) up - T1 Heavy @ 217.5k, Type T-34 @ 215k, AT 2 @ 212.5k, and StuG III G @ 211k

Tier VI - M4A3E2 "Jumbo" - 195k purchase, 487.5k sale, 292.5k net - Unchanged
Runner(s) up - Churchill GC @ 289.5k, and Hellcat or O-I @ 285k

Tier VII - O-Ni - 596k purchase, 745k sale, 149k net - Unchanged
Runner(s) up - T29, IS-2, and 45TP all @ 145k, or Crusader SP, Chi-Ri, T-34-2G FT, and P.43 ter @ 144k

So, for a total cost of 791k, you'll get back 1.5761m, or a net profit of 785.1k... Wow. Not that great, but making money.

Again, we're already in the rabbit hole, so let's look at the higher tiers, and try to get the biggest savings (and see how much of our profit we lost)!

Tier VIII - FV207 - 2.73m base, 1.365m purchase/sale, net 0 - Unchanged
Runner(s) up (base costs listed) - SU-14-2 (2.72m); M40/43 (2.7m); T28 Prot., G.W. Tiger P, and AT 15 (all 2.65m); UDES 03 (2.62m); T32 (2.61m); 110 and 53TP (2.6m)

Tier IX - 212A and Type 4 Heavy - 2.22m purchase, 1.85 sale, 370k loss net - Unchanged
Runner(s) up (cost/loss following sale) - Foch (2.202m/367k); Obj. 704 (2.196m/366k); M103 (2.184m/364k); G.W. Tiger, Conqueror, Type 61, and Strv 103-0 all @ 2.16m/316k

Tier X - They're all 6.1m, so 4.27m cost regardless. And if you're selling a Tier X... I dunno what to tell you, but I shouldn't be advising your actions.

So, the new lines didn't shake up the best choices, but the ITL and PL tanks did make a showing, consistently, in the runner-up category. Might not be a bad option, in general, if you throw your discounts at either one of those lines. Assuming you've not started up them.

Finally, we come to the reason I did this the first time, figuring where to spend my discounts on tanks I've not bought yet. Again, that shit will go into spoilers, because this thing is long enough as is.

I still only have 11 tanks left in the game to research (fucking WG, adding shit): Obj. 705A, AMX M4 54, TVP 50/51, Type 5 Heavy, WZ-113G FT, WZ-132-1, Progetto 65, and the Polish line from tier VII. I own the Skoda T 50, WZ-132A, Standard B, and 40TP - leaving only 7 lines I've not got access to.

Tier VII - 45TP - As a runner-up for MAKING credits at Tier VII, this one is a no-brainer. I'd make more on the O-Ni, but I've already ground through it.

Tier VIII - 53TP - Again, a runner-up, and a line I still need to work on. Plus, I've kept a lot of the tech tree VIII's, including most of the other ones I listed. And credit neutral (for the tank) is always a bonus.

Tier IX - Obj. 705, AMX M4 51, Type 4 Heavy, WZ-111G FT, 50TP - While it didn't make the runner-up list, at 3.5m base (cut-off was 3.6m), and the fact I'm dropping the VII and VIII on the predecessors helps make a case for the 50TP. Heard great things about the AMX M4 51, there's prem HE lulz from the Type 4 Heavy, Soviet bias from the 705, and not a lot from the WZ TD (hell, I barely even see them in-game). None are particularly screaming "Play me!" at me or my scouty playstyle... but I'm open to suggestions.

Tier X - I've every Tier X unlocked except for the seven eight lines above. I could drop that 30% off on any of the above-mentioned lines or the following: T92, Pz.Kpfw. VII, E 50 M, Rhm. Pzw., T-100 LT, Obj. 277, Obj. 261, FV4005, and WZ-111 5A. No interest in the G.W. E 100, and the Object 268 is still terrible, right? I'm still trying to buy everything useful before I buy X's for the sake of having them. I'm staring long and hard at the T-100, but would still love suggestions on what to try and save on. I'll eventually get back into a clan, so the 5A is useful, right? Any other meta tanks I'm missing (to include the ones I've not unlocked, yet)?

So, once again, thoughts on purchases? There's a strong argument by the circumstances of making an On-Track to grab the new hotness (PL HT), finishing off old pub meta (IJA HT), or old hotness (CZ Meds)? Something comepletely different? Feel free to toss your thoughts on! Please! Really! I had no advice on lines to persue last year, and even if I end up ignoring it, I love hearing others thoughts and perspectives.

Once again, thanks for your time, hope this helps anyone else out who's looking to make some free credits... or save some.

Edited by Errants
Can't believe it took me over a year to make that pun...

On 12/12/2018 at 7:16 PM, Errants said:

I still only have 11 tanks left in the game to research (fucking WG, adding shit): Obj. 705A, AMX M4 54, TVP 50/51, Type 5 Heavy, WZ-113G FT, WZ-132-1, Progetto 65, and the Polish line from tier VII. I own the Skoda T 50, WZ-132A, Standard B, and 40TP - leaving only 7 lines I've not got access to.

Tier VII - 45TP - As a runner-up for MAKING credits at Tier VII, this one is a no-brainer. I'd make more on the O-Ni, but I've already ground through it.

Tier VIII - 53TP - Again, a runner-up, and a line I still need to work on. Plus, I've kept a lot of the tech tree VIII's, including most of the other ones I listed. And credit neutral (for the tank) is always a bonus.

Tier IX - Obj. 705, AMX M4 51, Type 4 Heavy, WZ-111G FT, 50TP - While it didn't make the runner-up list, at 3.5m base (cut-off was 3.6m), and the fact I'm dropping the VII and VIII on the predecessors helps make a case for the 50TP. Heard great things about the AMX M4 51, there's prem HE lulz from the Type 4 Heavy, Soviet bias from the 705, and not a lot from the WZ TD (hell, I barely even see them in-game). None are particularly screaming "Play me!" at me or my scouty playstyle... but I'm open to suggestions.

Tier X - I've every Tier X unlocked except for the seven eight lines above. I could drop that 30% off on any of the above-mentioned lines or the following: T92, Pz.Kpfw. VII, E 50 M, Rhm. Pzw., T-100 LT, Obj. 277, Obj. 261, FV4005, and WZ-111 5A. No interest in the G.W. E 100, and the Object 268 is still terrible, right? I'm still trying to buy everything useful before I buy X's for the sake of having them. I'm staring long and hard at the T-100, but would still love suggestions on what to try and save on. I'll eventually get back into a clan, so the 5A is useful, right? Any other meta tanks I'm missing (to include the ones I've not unlocked, yet)?

So, once again, thoughts on purchases? There's a strong argument by the circumstances of making an On-Track to grab the new hotness (PL HT), finishing off old pub meta (IJA HT), or old hotness (CZ Meds)? Something comepletely different? Feel free to toss your thoughts on! Please! Really! I had no advice on lines to persue last year, and even if I end up ignoring it, I love hearing others thoughts and perspectives.

Once again, thanks for your time, hope this helps anyone else out who's looking to make some free credits... or save some.

Out of the tanks you listed--

705A is an OK pub tank, but no CW value.

AMX M4 51 is super fun, but the 54 is not that good

TVP 50/51 is still good

Type 5 -- YES YES YES.

WZ-113G FT bleecccchh

132-1 slightly less bleccch

Progetto 65 -- solid, tier 9 is better

Polish -- 7 is OK, 8-10 are fun

Thank you, x4 weekend. 132-1 and 50/51 unlocked! Also up to garage level VIII, and have dropped my Tier VII and VIII on the Polish lines.

Still debating where to send IX and X, though. Leaning towards the T-100 LT, as I'm Scouty McScouterson, and the Kranberry is going on track, shortly.

I'm actually grinding the Japanese lines but I don't know why since by the time I have the Type 4/5 they'll probably have done the prem ammo rework and the nerfs.  Either way I ended up buying the O-Ni just now with the discount, but to keep and grind instead of sell for profit.

Still might be good for blocking missions though, I guess.

Anyways, apparently you can activate the discounts and they're permanently available til you use them, so I've prepped my tier 10 one for the Super Conq because holy fuck the conqueror is amazing and there's no way the Super Conq isn't going to be my next tier 10.  Already used the tier 9 one on the Conq itself.

Tier 8 went to the italian

6 minutes ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

I'm actually grinding the Japanese lines but I don't know why since by the time I have the Type 4/5 they'll probably have done the prem ammo rework and the nerfs.  Either way I ended up buying the O-Ni just now with the discount, but to keep and grind instead of sell for profit.

Still might be good for blocking missions though, I guess.

Anyways, apparently you can activate the discounts and they're permanently available til you use them, so I've prepped my tier 10 one for the Super Conq because holy fuck the conqueror is amazing and there's no way the Super Conq isn't going to be my next tier 10.  Already used the tier 9 one on the Conq itself.

Tier 8 went to the italian

Yeah, sorry for my lack of clarity, but you can apply them to any tank, researched or not. I give the options as you can only take advantage of BUYING them if you've teched to them. And, regardless of if they're the best credit return/savings... if you're not going up the line, there's not much of a point. I'm just insane and have all but 8 tech tree tanks unlocked.

20 minutes ago, woe2you said:

Are we best off buying them immediately and reselling after the general sale ends, or is it sufficient to just select which tank to discount now and buy/resell at leisure?

Buy/Resell at leisure. Once applied, the discounts last until used. So, very useful if creating your own on-track and haven't researched the tanks, yet. However, the discounts do NOT stack with any other sale/discount that WG may offer.

For instance, this year, I've used/bought/resold all my choices for Tier II-VI, used my discounts on Tier VII/VIII PL line, and used/bought the Type 4 and T-100. I'm still teching up the PL line (on tier VI), and while I could have made more credits on the VII with a different tank, since I need to grind the fucker anyhow, it was wiser for me. As the VIII discount is credit neutral, again, the PL VIII is the only VIII in the game I haven't teched to/through yet, so no brainer there.

Thanks. I've applied all the discounts but I'll have to wait til after the sale to make any money, because I just bought the WZ-113G FT, Object 277, K-91 and Sheridan and now I'm a pauper again.