hall0

Frontline is coming back 2019 (12 times a year)

39 posts in this topic

This news dropped at WG Fest

v6RPOjEidZc.jpg

https://vk.com/wotclue?w=wall-70226354_1552496

The front line mode will be launched every month in 2019 for 1 week with tasks and other goodies. And all this will end with a big final event (approximately in December), where there will be unique prizes and gifts. 

More Information soon. 

Finally I have a reason to play this game again. 

More news from the WG homepage

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/things-to-come-2019/#frontline

The Return of Frontline

Frontline is coming back, kicking off in the first quarter of 2019!

Frontline has received a slight revamp as we want to solve a fairly clear yet challenging issue. We would like to keep the old friendly and relaxing atmosphere, where you can play just for fun, but at the same time give you the opportunity to fulfill interesting medium- and long-term goals to keep you engaged. Most importantly, Frontline will not be a short-term event, but a whole series of events throughout the year, with heaps of rewards and other bonuses.

The core gameplay of Frontline will remain unchanged. You receive ranks and points for good performance in combat and these points can be used to boost your level. Once you have reached a certain level, you start earning rewards (credits, consumables etc.). There are 30 levels and once you reach the top, you can Prestige, which will reset your progress and you can start earning rewards again.

We’ve added more to the Frontline formula, let’s take a look:

1. Frontline kicks off every calendar month and will be available for a week. Your journey through the event will last a week every month and 10 weeks in total.
  2. There are now more Prestige levels. We’ve increased the number of Prestige levels from three to 10. Prestige level availability will be added gradually with each Frontline week. There will be no strict timeframe for reaching the Prestige. However, you can make some progress and get ahead by 2 Prestige levels in a week. For example, in the second week you can reach Prestige level 4. And when the 8th week of the event starts, you can complete all 10 Prestige levels.
  3. In addition to the basic rewards, players will be rewarded with special points for reaching a Prestige level. Use these points to purchase special reward vehicles. The availability of these special tanks will be added gradually, as you reach certain Prestige levels.

XP and Credit earn rates will remain the same in next year’s Frontline. Repair and shell costs won't change either.

2 hours ago, hall0 said:

XP and Credit earn rates will remain the same in next year’s Frontline. Repair and shell costs won't change either.

This is the only part I needed to see. Now I can play my tier 8 prems again and have fun doing it.

Better than not doing it again at all, but not impressed with the carrot dangling crap. But that's as good as it's going to get because there's no gold ammo sink. At least it will keep its novel feel to an extent and there will be a way to get through torture grinds like the Tiger II. Maybe someday I can suffer through to the E-50.

Excellent news. Frontline was a breath of fresh air. It should be a permanent game mode all the time, no need for the carrots. 

1 hour ago, Kymrel said:

Excellent news. Frontline was a breath of fresh air. It should be a permanent game mode all the time, no need for the carrots.

It would literally kill the game, if it was permanent, absolutely nobody would play tier 8s outside frontline, which would shit on mm even more. Nobody would care about grinding +8 because you wouldn't have a fun place to play them. Tier 12 aka full tier 10 games are not fun at all.

1 hour ago, Ezz said:

I'd love for them to do it at a tier without the broken prems. Tier 9 for instance. 

I feel like tier 9 and 1 are literally the only ones without broken premiums of some kind.

10 hours ago, mati_14 said:

It would literally kill the game, if it was permanent, absolutely nobody would play tier 8s outside frontline, which would shit on mm even more. Nobody would care about grinding +8 because you wouldn't have a fun place to play them. Tier 12 aka full tier 10 games are not fun at all.

Why limit Frontline to one tier?

Just now, Kymrel said:

Why limit Frontline to one tier?

Why have it in more than 1 tier?, the game mode is fun for a while, after that the only reason to play it's because its benefits.  If you wanna have it for more tiers then mm would get even worse in smaller servers. If you wanna have +-2MM for frontline then it will stop being that fun for many players because you'll need to shoot gold just like random battles. IMO WG is doing right with this game mode.

I used Frontline last year to grind through the Panther II and Caernaervaernaern.  It was glorious, the best way to get through uncomfortable tier 8s.  I would not have a super conq or E50 without frontline - its literally WHY I ground them out.

4 hours ago, mati_14 said:

the game mode is fun for a while, after that the only reason to play it's because its benefits.

I feel quite different. With the large maps and respawning it was for me what this game should have been from day one instead of a corridor fest on tiny maps.

My enjoyment heavily depends on the consumable-spam again. I found the arty and airstrikes to be annoying - more than regular arty as you were never safe anywhere because of the near-vertical impact angle. Also pure same-tier MM is kinda boring in the long run - which is why tier X is a bit dull at the moment because you are so often in pure-tier games.

8 minutes ago, WaterWar said:

My enjoyment heavily depends on the consumable-spam again. I found the arty and airstrikes to be annoying - more than regular arty as you were never safe anywhere because of the near-vertical impact angle. Also pure same-tier MM is kinda boring in the long run - which is why tier X is a bit dull at the moment because you are so often in pure-tier games.

They should rotate each week, 7-9 would be great. It would help people grind and at least 7 and 9 are not a bit more balanced than 8 at the moment.

Tier 8 works due to premiums and the ability to earn extraordinary credits. Whilst Tier 9 would also be cool (or even 7, let's face it it is a cool game mode) - the more changes happen to Frontlines, the more chance it will get stuffed up! 

Leave it as it is, or as my grandmother used to say to me as a kid when I saw something which looked good in a shop, "Don't touch it - you'll break it!" Though I do like the rotating tier idea - there was a reason not to do certain tiers (at least on that original map) though I cannot remember right now (it's early!)

I do like the week at a time idea, as well as the "leveling up" concept. A week at a time will keep it fresh, and give players something to look forward to, whilst not breaking random battles on low population servers.

I haven't played Frontlines, does it have the limited respawns ala War Thunder and WoWp? I loved playing casually like that without worrying about the dimwits dying around me

9 minutes ago, Ham_ said:

I haven't played Frontlines, does it have the limited respawns ala War Thunder and WoWp? I loved playing casually like that without worrying about the dimwits dying around me

The respawns were somewhat unlimited. Unless you die too fast. You get a new respawn only after some time. Was it 2-3-4-5 minutes I don't remember. 

6 hours ago, Kymrel said:

I feel quite different. With the large maps and respawning it was for me what this game should have been from day one instead of a corridor fest on tiny maps.

I played like 10 frontline games and got bored of it, all of them over 10k dmg, everyone plays so carelessly it's gets boring to me at least how easy it's to farm dmg. Removes in my opinion most of the skill in WoT, since even getting killed has its benefits because you can respawn and relocate wherever you need to. As I said I don't mind it, but I prefer the CS:GO playstyle of random matches than the BF playstyle of frontline.

I used it as a chance to make the IS-6 relevant, grind out the Panther II and Caern, and make crazy amounts of cash.  It was actually pretty competitive although arty players having arty strike and air strike was fucking awful sometimes.

4 hours ago, mati_14 said:

I played like 10 frontline games and got bored of it, all of them over 10k dmg, everyone plays so carelessly it's gets boring to me at least how easy it's to farm dmg. Removes in my opinion most of the skill in WoT, since even getting killed has its benefits because you can respawn and relocate wherever you need to. As I said I don't mind it, but I prefer the CS:GO playstyle of random matches than the BF playstyle of frontline.

To each his own, I suppose. I played it exclusively. Your opinion might be a little skewed though. I did notice the same thing you did, careless players driving out in the open and getting nuked, but that was most obvious the first few days. After that, people figured it out and learned the maps. After that the respawning meant that people didn't camp all day afraid something was going to scratch the paint on their precious tank, and instead attacked objectives and took risks. Made the game much more dynamic and fun. Not without flaws, mind you, but no mode in this game is without flaws.

Have they mentioned tiers yet no? I would be happy with tier 8 for the 12 weeks but a bit of variety would be nice. Not X, but 6-9 in own tier weeks would be cool

3 hours ago, Kymrel said:

To each his own, I suppose. I played it exclusively. Your opinion might be a little skewed though. I did notice the same thing you did, careless players driving out in the open and getting nuked, but that was most obvious the first few days. After that, people figured it out and learned the maps. After that the respawning meant that people didn't camp all day afraid something was going to scratch the paint on their precious tank, and instead attacked objectives and took risks. Made the game much more dynamic and fun. Not without flaws, mind you, but no mode in this game is without flaws.

The fact that there are not risks makes it kinda boring to me. I don't hate this mode, it's one of the most healthy WG has done lately. But if you spread it out for more tiers, it would make WoT literally a full casual game. MoE would be pointless, ranked would die even harder, no incentive for clan activity for avg players, some players would probably play this game mode exclusively. I'd go as far to say it would be even less skill based, since the decision making is way easier. Reasons to improve? Not many at all. I'm sorry if you really want it this way, but to me seems like throwing all the potential in this game to a casual loophole because it would be fun for a while.

Edited by mati_14
''I'm don't'' LUL engrish hard :c

1 hour ago, mati_14 said:

The fact that there are not risks makes it kinda boring to me. I'm don't hate this mode, it's one of the most healthy WG has done lately. But if you spread it out for more tiers, it would make WoT literally a full casual game. MoE would be pointless, ranked would die even harder, no incentive for clan activity for avg players, some players would probably play this game mode exclusively. I'd go as far to say it would be even less skill based, since the decision making is way easier. Reasons to improve? Not many at all. I'm sorry if you really want it this way, but to me seems like throwing all the potential in this game to a casual loophole because it would be fun for a while.

I kind of agree with you. As a once a year, 3 week event it was fine.  You may be right about its effects as a monthly thing.