hall0

Frontline is coming back 2019 (12 times a year)

Just now, Hellsfog said:

I kind of agree with you. As a once a year, 3 week event it was fine.  You may be right about its effects as a monthly thing. 

I think monthly is still fine, players will play during the month, and will be excited about frontline week, but definitely not a perma mode.

I don't see any reason not to make it a permanent mode. Sure, it's totally different-that's a good thing. You have two different games in one game now that appeals to a wider audience who can share the game together. It's more casual-GOOD, it should be. It gives players options of what they want to play. I know people that would absolutely play Frontline if they were even willing to try it, but the game has pissed them off so thoroughly over the years they won't even look at it again. Having a mode that doesn't require a masochistic streak of self-hatred to play could only be a good thing in the long run as it would appeal to more people without interfering with what's already in place. If Frontline were fully integrated into the game for tiers 5+ in some manner I'd play it a lot more than I'd play regular tanks for sure. My nerd rage hits 11/10 in regular mode, in frontline it never cracked a 6 at worst.

What I've been saying is this is as far as they'll let Frontline go. It got repetitive because it was just a beta test. If the main game had stayed as a choice between M4, T-34, and Tiger all on Mines over and over again it would have gotten boring quick too. They could fully integrate it into the game as a basic mode: expand the tiers, refine the mechanics, make new maps, play around with it and make it the game tanks always should have been. But they won't do that, because the core of what makes the mode good is single tier spread. Single tier spread=no gold ammo, and at the end of the day pay to win probably makes more money than not pay to win.

Instead Frontline is 50% off milk at the grocery store. Enough to get you in the door and walking down all the aisles to the back where they purposely place the milk so you see all the overpriced crap and hopefully grab something else.

2 hours ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

I don't see any reason not to make it a permanent mode. Sure, it's totally different-that's a good thing. You have two different games in one game now that appeals to a wider audience who can share the game together. It's more casual-GOOD, it should be. It gives players options of what they want to play. I know people that would absolutely play Frontline if they were even willing to try it, but the game has pissed them off so thoroughly over the years they won't even look at it again. Having a mode that doesn't require a masochistic streak of self-hatred to play could only be a good thing in the long run as it would appeal to more people without interfering with what's already in place. If Frontline were fully integrated into the game for tiers 5+ in some manner I'd play it a lot more than I'd play regular tanks for sure. My nerd rage hits 11/10 in regular mode, in frontline it never cracked a 6 at worst.

If you make it permanent it will spread even more the population for a server that's already fucked up like NA, I don't have an issue with casual games, you could say PUBG and Fortnite are mostly for casual players and that's what made them popular. But both games still had a challenge ahead for players who wanted to push things to their limits. Does frontline has that? No, it just doesn't. What can you aim to accomplish in frontline? A 15k dmg game?, luck based. A +70% WR?, Just platoon as much as you can. A good KDA?, I don't think this would be even relevant. Sadly it will interfere with what's already in place, because the public in this game is way different than all the others out there. There are a lot of +30 yrs old players who already formed a family and are just looking to have fun for a while. And considering what randoms are right now, I'd say 70% if not more would play frontline only. The thing is, once random queue starts going down, they'll just keep themselves in this mode not even bothering grinding or researching. Their goal is accomplished they are having fun and that's fine. Why would they want more?

Also, what makes frontline good is the single tier mm. do you think NA can hold constantly a 60 players for battles for different tiers? It just wouldn't be capable of. As a last thing, besides arty, new mm and Type4/5 most if not all the facts that can make you rage in pubs will do it in Frontline.

Frontlines made irrelevant tanks somewhat playable. Tiger2 or that ungodly chinese t8 medium, cant recall the name. Yes, you can farm, but you can farm also in randoms so why not play a gamemode where every mistake doesnt send you to the garage? I really enjoyed blackdog with its fancy hesh.

Your journey through the event will last a week every month and 10 weeks in total.

Just for clarity, WG math says there are only 10 months in a year, so ya its 10 weeks...

Frankly, it was fun in toons and yes you got to play some tanks that are not pub friendly and do stupid shit (cause respawn) but I found the lack of awareness, teamwork, and tactical play was as bad as or worse than pubs.  So there was no respite.  Only played Prestige 2/3 for Bonds... and hated the mode at the end.   

12 hours ago, 8_Hussars said:

.. I found the lack of awareness, teamwork, and tactical play was as bad as or worse than pubs.

I am not doubting your experience however windowlickers in Frontlines are far easier to ignore and work around. My personal opinion is that FL as a gamemode in general is so much better than randoms, that actually winning or losing is mostly irrelevant. I am faaaar beyond stats or winrates, I am looking mainly for the entertainment factor in PvP games. I guess that is why I enjoyed FL a lot. I stopped playing WoT daily a long time ago, but I will probably do FL for a week on monthly basis.

6 hours ago, Vesirott said:

I am not doubting your experience however windowlickers in Frontlines are far easier to ignore and work around.

Sort of; but you are stuck with them for an excruciatingly long period of time respawning and trying to farm/capture the same bases until the inevitable loss.

Frankly, if the economy was not as good (and it did not offer bonds for prestige) I doubt it's as popular...

My main point would be that you can still be a general regardless of your team (and reap the benefits of that rank). It is far harder to get an epic medal in pubs to get your multiplier. And yes, of course, it is profitable :)

17 minutes ago, Sapros said:

You call it a limitation, others call it one of its main selling points.

I suspect its more the latter, as you can play your T8 prems or grind tech tree 8's without seeing T10 while no one gives a shit if stock or bad crew...