hall0

WG Fest 2019 - Change of gold amo and much more

157 posts in this topic

I am about to speak sacrilege. I don't really think prem rounds are all that much of a problem. The real reason they have become over used has as much to do with the great accuracy nerf. 

Today in my E75, I aimed standard ammo at a stationary Super Pershing's weak spots and missed aimed shots from ~100-150 meters 4-5 times.  Gave up and started auto aiming with APCR.  My 50B is a similar story, I run 40+ APCR because I just cannot sit in the open for long periods of time carefully aiming at the weak spots of a defender and an O-Ho while eating 1K damage from them in return - APCR is the only way I can see to solve that problem.  A perusal of 50B 10k damage games on Youtube correlates that theory.

First they took away the ability to hit weakspots, then they took away the weakspots, now they are taking away the ability to pen anything.  If you think games are campy now, wait til everybody is still alive and low on ammo after 10 minutes.

@Archaic_One Totally agree. Premium shells are the best RNG mitigation device going. So why not use them if you can afford to? The game mechanics literally punish you for taking the time to aim. 

10 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

From the north, A2/B1. If your team controls 1/2 then you are hull down to anyone in fingers (middle ridges). Point primarily being that you are extremely safe and can hold pushes single-handedly.

What about South if you don't mind sharing?

6 hours ago, lavawing said:

@leggasiini O Ho will literally be god mode if it gets through these 'rebalances' unaltered

As long as MM changes are actually meaningful, then yes, but if the 3-5-7 stays like it is, then nah.

Even then, I doubt it will be as good as it was in 2015, since IS-6s arent everywhere (and they can actually kinda pen you with prem now), base pen has gone up significantly, CDCs are dead, and while prem ammo will have less damage its negated by fact that it will be shot much more than back in 2015 when people didnt fire gold nearly as much as now (it wasnt as easy to make credits with lack of personal reserves and no bonuses like christmas bonus now). 

It will be better but it won't be god mode, not even close.

2 hours ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

Wait while it's fun that they want to improve the looks I think commercially it's super stupid for them to do so. They themselves admit most russian players play on potato PCs. If they keep inflating the reqs they will hurt their biggest playerbase. I know WG is stupid but I didn't know they are that stupid

4 hours ago, leggasiini said:

As long as MM changes are actually meaningful, then yes, but if the 3-5-7 stays like it is, then nah.

Even then, I doubt it will be as good as it was in 2015, since IS-6s arent everywhere (and they can actually kinda pen you with prem now), base pen has gone up significantly, CDCs are dead, and while prem ammo will have less damage its negated by fact that it will be shot much more than back in 2015 when people didnt fire gold nearly as much as now (it wasnt as easy to make credits with lack of personal reserves and no bonuses like christmas bonus now). 

It will be better but it won't be god mode, not even close.

You forgot WG said something that sounds like a HE buff. 

8 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

What about South if you don't mind sharing?

Bush snipe south. Sometimes they are light 1/2 so once that is dead, the entire lane is effectively hull down. There's also a spot by the redline on the 1 line thats hulldown. dont remember the exact gridsquare off the top of my head.

25 minutes ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

Oh boy, more graphics you'll notice for 2-3 weeks and then will be filtered out by your brain as irrelevant noise.

RTX in a nutshell

On 12/22/2018 at 3:56 PM, hazzgar said:

Wait while it's fun that they want to improve the looks I think commercially it's super stupid for them to do so. They themselves admit most russian players play on potato PCs. If they keep inflating the reqs they will hurt their biggest playerbase. I know WG is stupid but I didn't know they are that stupid

I don't really see a problem here. They will just made it an optional feature. People who have good enough PCs will like it and potato PC owners do not care and wont get influenced. It's like with all this "new" 1.0 graphic improvements you have on ultra settings. All this water and gras effects just aren't there with low settings. 

On 12/25/2018 at 12:24 AM, hall0 said:

I don't really see a problem here. They will just made it an optional feature. People who have good enough PCs will like it and potato PC owners do not care and wont get influenced. It's like with all this "new" 1.0 graphic improvements you have on ultra settings. All this water and gras effects just aren't there with low settings. 

Yeah 1.0 was also supposedly not going to increase requirements yet it made many ppl quit because it actually did. Didn't sr360 stop playing bcause of that? So yeah it's exactly like with 1.0 - this will lower playbase numbers in the long run. I actually use a potato laptop as one of my playing rigs (I have a real pc too) and you are so wrong on 1.0 it's funny. Before 1.0 potato pcs that pulled 30 fps on low, after 1.0 they pull 16fps on everything on min and all the mods uninstalled and graphics on the lowest setting were so horrible you for example could not see where enemies were aiming their guns. 

On 12/22/2018 at 11:56 PM, Jesse_the_Scout said:

Oh boy, more graphics you'll notice for 2-3 weeks and then will be filtered out by your brain as irrelevant noise.

Still looks worse than War Blunder anyway.

In that game I would sometimes stop to just take a screenshot of my mud-covered Tiger or whatever because it looked awesome, as did the structural damage you also got with some stuff.

19 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Yeah 1.0 was also supposedly not going to increase requirements yet it made many ppl quit because it actually did.

The HD maps made an SSD a requirement if you wanted to load in before the countdown finished. 

3 hours ago, monjardin said:

The HD maps made an SSD a requirement if you wanted to load in before the countdown finished. 

I run Wot on HDD and if I do not ctrl+tab during loading it loads before countdown starts. 

2 hours ago, MacusFlash said:

I run Wot on HDD and if I do not ctrl+tab during loading it loads before countdown starts. 

I should rephrase that. It made it unplayable on my setup until I installed an SSD. Individual experiences may vary.

I also ran wot on HDD and it loaded in time pretty well, although if I reinstalled the game then it would take forever to load in when getting a map for the first time, like a minute after countdown.

Anyway, every physics/graphics rework since 2013 has been pointless or for the worse.

1 hour ago, monjardin said:

I should rephrase that. It made it unplayable on my setup until I installed an SSD. Individual experiences may vary.

Defragmentation hits hard on loading time.

4 hours ago, monjardin said:

Well, maybe your old HDD was just crap?

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:24 AM, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

E-100 150mm Kw.K 44 L/38  750 530

Considering that an E-100 can sometimes hit close to 530 with a standard HE round when it doesn't pen, plus destroy modules and kill crew on top of that for a lot less credits then HEAT. Can't really see the point of using premium rounds on it when these changes happen. Same thing applies to most large caliber guns in game. 

On 12/26/2018 at 6:59 PM, hazzgar said:

Yeah 1.0 was also supposedly not going to increase requirements yet it made many ppl quit because it actually did. Didn't sr360 stop playing bcause of that? So yeah it's exactly like with 1.0 - this will lower playbase numbers in the long run. I actually use a potato laptop as one of my playing rigs (I have a real pc too) and you are so wrong on 1.0 it's funny. Before 1.0 potato pcs that pulled 30 fps on low, after 1.0 they pull 16fps on everything on min and all the mods uninstalled and graphics on the lowest setting were so horrible you for example could not see where enemies were aiming their guns. 

I have a shitty Notebook myself and I did not experience a massive drop in fps. I go so far to call the engine update the best thing WG did in the last year. I honestly had fears they would totally fuck it up and all the fps drop to a new all time low. But it didn't. Fps stayed for me and my friends pretty much the same. Sure some may have or had problems but for me and many others it worked fine.

And even for WG it seemed to work. They just released a video about introducing multicore CPU support. (multicore support in 2019 wohoooo :P). They analyzed their playerbase and over 60% of their playerbase have now 4 or more core CPUs. Not too potato if you ask me. The point is they don't just do stupid things with their PC requirements as they do with their balance. They seem to analyze the data pretty well and then they act. 

1 hour ago, hall0 said:

I have a shitty Notebook myself and I did not experience a massive drop in fps. I go so far to call the engine update the best thing WG did in the last year. I honestly had fears they would totally fuck it up and all the fps drop to a new all time low. But it didn't. Fps stayed for me and my friends pretty much the same. Sure some may have or had problems but for me and many others it worked fine.

And even for WG it seemed to work. They just released a video about introducing multicore CPU support. (multicore support in 2019 wohoooo :P). They analyzed their playerbase and over 60% of their playerbase have now 4 or more core CPUs. Not too potato if you ask me. The point is they don't just do stupid things with their PC requirements as they do with their balance. They seem to analyze the data pretty well and then they act. 

So you know some people who didn't get hurt by 1.0 and I know some people (me, sr360, some people on the pubs) who got hurt by 1.0. You simply may have a better laptop than I do (and some other people). Also 60% of the players is still rather low given that any pc or laptop bought in ages will have that. Also again if there will be simply an option with super low graphics the fps might be ok but it will be unplayable (as it is for many people post 1.0 when you can't see shit in super low)

On 12/26/2018 at 9:59 AM, hazzgar said:

No, it was Crab. He can't play at home at all. I had to lower my settings significantly, but I'm still trucking along.