hall0

WG Fest 2019 - Change of gold amo and much more

157 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, hazzgar said:

...with super low graphics the fps might be ok but it will be unplayable (as it is for many people post 1.0 when you can't see shit in super low)

Yep the game is unplayable on the lowest settings; they shouldn’t even be optional.  As you said you frequently can’t tell which way the enemy’s gun is pointing. Lit tanks will render at longer ranges but not the hardcover they’re sitting behind. Confusing to say the least when you can see the entirety of a tank but can’t get a red outline because there’s a fucking invisible house blocking your shot. 

I don't know if they are really solving the issue.

I see there are other things contributed to gold rounds all the way. Health pool of those stupidly thick armoured tank evenly problematic as their armour. They are hard to be penned but even when they do it doesn't feel punishing enough. Also the chances of shell flying true to centre (Sigma or sth, cant remember) made me feel unworthy of aiming weakspots (if still exist) with credit shells. Either you have to go up close and personal with credit ammo or you gold 75% of the silhouette at any range, the gap between credit rounds and gold are massive, lowing dmg of those shells simply wont do it, because credits ammo just can't do a thing anyway, may as well just dump HE.

Again mixed idea on weakspots, adding weakspots for credit ammo doesn't change the fact that high pen gold can cheese armour, I still wouldn't bother to aim for weakspots if I can gold people redline with a bit of damage penalty, minimising damage efficiency doesn't take away gold rounds are more consistent and reliable. If they want people to fire less gold it has to be some kind of a gamble worthy to risk, something like the 100Y / ISU-130 kind of idea, where you get more reliable pen on credit rounds and tad bit of dmg increase and lower pen on the gold. TLDR I would far rather have higher pen than higher damage because less RNG.

:facepalm:

On 12/29/2018 at 2:04 AM, sr360 said:

No, it was Crab. He can't play at home at all. I had to lower my settings significantly, but I'm still trucking along.

aah sorry for mixing you up. Good to hear  you can still play

1 hour ago, Haswell said:

I can tell you right now there's absolutely no point in using the low pen AP rounds.

2.8k base dpm, can't argue, but I even have trouble with that 215AP, let alone 187

:notlikethis:

On 12/16/2018 at 8:24 PM, Vindi said:

@GehakteMolen will you come back to the game I wonder :thinking:

Well, i will atleast give it a go

This damage nerf should have been done in 2013 though, 6 fucking years ago (gold ammo was put in the game in 2012 and half a year later it was  clearly ``not working as intended``, but WG beiing morons, they didnt do the cpt obvious, and instead ruined the entire balance)

As others above said, undoing the damage of 4 years buffing armor to keep heavies relevant is gonna be a hell of a task...

ps: dropping the hitpoints with 10% on the few obvious problem cases when this goes live will tone down the worst offenders atleast (Maus, Type 5 etc.)

ps ps: but im sure WG will fuck it still up + i doubt they will do it in next patch, and the longer they wait, the smaller the change it will bring back players / slow the drop in players

On 12/22/2018 at 12:00 AM, Ezz said:

Out of curiosity are there are lot of lightly armored tanks running around in tier 10 on other servers? A typical battle on SEA at tier 10 is about 16 - 20 heavies, 6 - 10 TDs and a smattering of lights / med / arty to fill in the rest. That will only get worse if they make armor even more effective.

No, not from my experience, especially at higher tiers.

Not uncommon on EU to a see a team almost entirely made out of heavies on both sides, with like 1-4 arty/TDs, with those TDs typically being 183s, who can just ignore armmour or HEAT spamming JpE100s.

Rare IMO to see more than 2-3 meds or lights per team, especially in all tier 10 games, and often those 'mediums' are 430Us which are about as well armoured as half the heavies.

Playing tier 10 lights, or mediums like the E50M, Cent AX, Leo 1, T-62A, etc. is mainly just hipsters, if you want to be competitive you generally go heavium or 430U if you are good, Super Heavy if you are average, or tier 10 TD if you are cheap. 

Can only see that situation getting worse, probably going to see full teams of heavies if they don't nerf them down.