29 minutes ago, Crossfader said:

no, when they change game mechanics as a whole, everything gets nerfed... even premiums,

or at least that how it works in wows (stealth fire nerf, smoke fire nerf)

i was referring to armor

if they nerf gold rounds dmg then you will obviously still need the gold to pen the tanks i mentioned above, but they will all get a massive increase in survivability which will give them more of an advantage than they already have. 

21 hours ago, hall0 said:

• There are plans to lower the alpha of gold shells to make it more balanced. Fine with me. Big change but I already switch between shells when I need to so I guess good players will make the most of it.
  • Frontline returns Pretty cool stuff. And with Vehicle rewards too! Damn! 
  • Swedish Mediums meh
  • Rebalancing of the following tanks. E100, STB, Kranvagen, Leotard, IS4 Curious to see the changes. Could STB1 get the "siege" mode it historically had that the Swedish meds will have too? 
  • Bond Shop. Buy tanks for bonds ingame. (Probably similar we have it in WoWs right now) They promised that for SH boxes too but we never got it. I hope we do this time I have like 32k waiting.
  •  Premium Account rework. Make Premium account great again I do use prem account so that's good news for me. 
  • Tank Race (Chaffee Race is coming back?) meh, could be fun for the first couple of times. 
  • Something about Ranked battles I dont rly care on Lot of changes there. I hope it's not more work, but I managed to be top league in the 2nd beta season, these ones are much easier. Curious to see their new xp distribution mechanic.
  • New Mechanics (*cough*  wheelded tanks *cough*) Except the armored vehicles no more info there. 

17 hours ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

from what i understand they are going to implement the ammo changes FIRST and then adjust armor values on a case by case basis, which is clearly a massive mistake.

because while they may eventually balance out armor to fit the new ammo changes, there will still be large period of time in which certain tanks go from OP to literally game breaking and will remain that way for weeks if not months.

the other issue is WG and their policy of no longer nerfing premiums, between the gold nerf and the MM changes certain premiums (defender, Chrysler K, Mutant 6, AMX M4, and even perhaps the Mauerbrecher) will be god tier.

Naah it's a good way. It's better to have a certain period of time with op tanks then balance armor first then ammo so tanks get OP forever. 

33 minutes ago, HELIONIST said:

l wonder if they will do this or its just the same old WG lie but lets hope they do make those changes and save this game before its too late .

I'm 100% sure they announced it early after the CC shitstorm that happened now. 

3 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Naah it's a good way. It's better to have a certain period of time with op tanks then balance armor first then ammo so tanks get OP forever. 

I hope you're not being serious. You think turning a massive buff to heavily armored tanks and TD's and a nerf to every other kind of tank is a good thing? You don't think it will drive away the player base?

1 hour ago, Ham_ said:

I wonder if these changes will be applied to prems, it has to be.

I think they will. It's a bit of a loophole that WG can use to bypass the "can't nerf tanks people paid real money for" taboo. Instead of nerfing the tank, they nerf a mechanic. They could theoretically also nerf the IS-3A this way by tweaking the autoreloading mechanic it uses.

3 hours ago, hazzgar said:

I'm 100% sure they announced it early after the CC shitstorm that happened now. 

Idk, WG specifically hinted at these changes weeks/months ago during a reddit Q&A and their response to a bunch of questions (particularly about gold ammo) was “we’ll have lots to say at WG fest!”

So, a 30% reduction in Alpha means that a 50B will have 280 alpha APCR, which means that if a Type 5 driver knows where to aim he can trade 1:4 with a 50B. The 50B still has to fully aim every shot to break even on a whole clip.  

To put it another way, the base DPM of an E50 using APCR would be less than 1800.  So it will take almost 2 minutes of sustained fire to kill an AFK Maus.  Rammer and food will bring that up to a speedy 90 seconds or so.

Well, at least Frontline will be back so I can grind out an O Ho ho ho

I wonder what they will do with 183mm HESH which is the single most broken prem round in the game

30 minutes ago, Never said:

I think they will. It's a bit of a loophole that WG can use to bypass the "can't nerf tanks people paid real money for" taboo. Instead of nerfing the tank, they nerf a mechanic. They could theoretically also nerf the IS-3A this way by tweaking the autoreloading mechanic it uses.

Exactly what I was thinking, its a gameplay change not a tank buff/nerf

13 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

I wonder what they will do with 183mm HESH which is the single most broken prem round in the game

Are people still on about the 183mm HESH? It's an "Archaic" gun/shell on the shittiest of platforms that's only a noobbane. I've almost never been hit by an 183. The Type 5 HE is way worse. Same damage 500-600 with better gun handling, much faster reload and on a shittons better platform. 

12 minutes ago, kariverson said:

Are people still on about the 183mm HESH? It's an "Archaic" gun/shell on the shittiest of platforms that's only a noobbane. I've almost never been hit by an 183. The Type 5 HE is way worse. Same damage 500-600 with better gun handling, much faster reload and on a shittons better platform. 

I have no idea what game you are playing, maybe its an NA thing, but FVs and Deathstars are in every game 2-3 sometimes and they frequently carry hard.  I see more in the hands of unicums than baddies every game.

18 minutes ago, kariverson said:

There's a reason every tier X game on EU has 2 shitbarns on each side

15 hours ago, Hellsfog said:

I hope you're not being serious. You think turning a massive buff to heavily armored tanks and TD's and a nerf to every other kind of tank is a good thing? You don't think it will drive away the player base?

You missed my point.

I am saying knowing wg there will be 2 stages to it and there won't be a 3rd correction.

So their either balance ammo first, then armor. So between the first and second change you have a period when armor is buffed. Then they change armor and all is well. Yeah we get 2-3 months of shit but then all is good.

Or you balance armor first and ammo second. Since WG still cares too much about heavy players the outcry about armor being weak would cause the prem rebalance to be done in a stupid way or they could even revert armor changes. This way we get to feast on the heavies for 2-3 months then the game becomes fucked forever.

Don't know about you but I prefer 2-3 months of the game being bad than it being bad for 2 years. 

14 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

So, a 30% reduction in Alpha means that a 50B will have 280 alpha APCR, which means that if a Type 5 driver knows where to aim he can trade 1:4 with a 50B. The 50B still has to fully aim every shot to break even on a whole clip.  

To put it another way, the base DPM of an E50 using APCR would be less than 1800.  So it will take almost 2 minutes of sustained fire to kill an AFK Maus.  Rammer and food will bring that up to a speedy 90 seconds or so.

Well, at least Frontline will be back so I can grind out an O Ho ho ho

Look at it differently. If you run a lot of prem ammo your damage capacity will become shit in some tanks. BC25T and lights will run out of shells way more often

I predict these changes will be bad because what is missing is a alpha nerf to bigger guns even on the standard rounds. As it is now TDs will be unaffected and if they dont rework HE mechanics the Types will be even more broken. And tanks like the Maus will have such a huge inderect buff that the meta will shift to only superheavies and tds. 

Also QB "attacking" WG was planned all along. I find it strange that just a few days before WG's announcement QB decides to make his stand.

53 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

I predict these changes will be bad because what is missing is a alpha nerf to bigger guns even on the standard rounds. As it is now TDs will be unaffected and if they dont rework HE mechanics the Types will be even more broken. And tanks like the Maus will have such a huge inderect buff that the meta will shift to only superheavies and tds. 

Also QB "attacking" WG was planned all along. I find it strange that just a few days before WG's announcement QB decides to make his stand.

Naaah I doubt it was planned. He seemed genuinely frustrated recently. Also you assign too much planning and competence to WG. it's like you don't play this game...

22 minutes ago, Copeyhagen said:

Man the game is his income, put him through college, if wot dies, wtf is he going to do, he will actually have to use that degree and get a job...

If there ever was a rule for content creators it would be never rely solely on YouTube / Streaming for a job

42 minutes ago, Ham_ said:

If there ever was a rule for content creators it would be never rely solely on YouTube / Streaming for a job

Always thought that was a bad idea unless you network hard. He wasn't working with many companies so he doesn't have strong contacts. Travel blogers at least have a network of connections. Him? LOL. 

7 hours ago, hazzgar said:

You missed my point.

I am saying knowing wg there will be 2 stages to it and there won't be a 3rd correction.

So their either balance ammo first, then armor. So between the first and second change you have a period when armor is buffed. Then they change armor and all is well. Yeah we get 2-3 months of shit but then all is good.

Or you balance armor first and ammo second. Since WG still cares too much about heavy players the outcry about armor being weak would cause the prem rebalance to be done in a stupid way or they could even revert armor changes. This way we get to feast on the heavies for 2-3 months then the game becomes fucked forever.

Don't know about you but I prefer 2-3 months of the game being bad than it being bad for 2 years. 

Look at it differently. If you run a lot of prem ammo your damage capacity will become shit in some tanks. BC25T and lights will run out of shells way more often

I understood your point. I simply didn't want to believe you were being serious.  If WG is 2-3 months away from doing the the armor rework, which I doubt, why not wait and do everything at once and avoid 2-3 months, or substantially longer, of absolute shit?  

It's really concerning if that's actually their plan. WG's balance cycle is EXTREMELY slow. There is literally no reason to split up a premium ammo pass and an armor pass; it shouldn't hold up other patch content that they can work on in the meantime and only hurts wargaming's bottom line. The sheer incompetence that would be on display would be hilarious if it wasn't a death knell.

Two years ago they could have done this, but it's not that simple anymore. Armor inflation has gone way too far.

WG need to make it a complete overhaul, or they risk breaking the game by balancing every mechanic one by one. With a complete overhaul they can balance at a large scale first then at a small scale to fine-tune. I doubt they have the competency to get a large rebalance right though.