Tarski

Progetto M35 mod. 46 appreciation thread

There was already some discussion about this vehicle in the Upcoming Changes Discussion section, but I'm enjoying this tank quite a bit and figured it deserved a proper thread here. 

It has the same 90 mm gun as the AMX CDC and the Panzer 58, but with the best accuracy, aim time, and bloom stats of the three and with a 3-shell autoreloader. It has a top speed of 55 kph and crazy good terrain resistances: 0.38/0.48/0.96. The result is very comfortable mobility to match its comfortable gun depression and view range. The biggest downside is that the Progetto is paper, with just a couple places on the turret and hull that can get troll bounces. 

I'm running rammer, vstab, optics, BIA, and situational awareness, which gives me 452 meters view range and shell reloads of 6.8/7.6/10.1. With vents each of those times would decrease by 0.2 seconds. Tier 8 mediums typically have mediocre DPM, and the Progetto is no exception, but while firing only the first shell you get almost the same DPM as your single shot counterparts. 

If anyone is wondering whether this tank is worth the gold to buy from the advent calendar today, my answer is yes.  At least, as long as you aren't allergic to lightly armored tier 8 mediums. Here are a couple gameplay videos. 

Don’t own a Skorp. G, Defender, etc. Yet this is the only tier 8 premium I covet. But WG know it’s desirable, so only sell it in shit bundles (á la E25, 13 57, etc). Refusing to buy loot boxes, but the option to buy the Prog. with the gold I’d get from them almost broke my will.

On 2/12/2019 at 3:29 PM, Jesse_the_Scout said:

Playing this on rental for missions I can't help but notice this is basically a Mutz with a vastly superior loading mechanism.

The Spaghetti tank also has better gun handling, mobility, HP and view range than the Mutz. 

:dank:

Edit: And! They have exactly the same DPM when not burst firing. 

Spaghetto is balans. First 2 games were literally 3k+ and even in t10 games it's quite easy to rack up 2k. Handling and mobility are sweet.

Also the female crew voice sounds less autistic than the male one.

Damn, what a nice tank in terms of gameplay. The reloading mechanism keeps me on my feet. What’s my next plan? How many potential shots will I have in the next 15 seconds? Shall I spend HP now and become a single-shot med to save my meatshields, or wait for a full burst?

It takes sometime getting used to, but the added layer of complexity that is auto-reloading gives you incredible tactical versatility and stake (in the form of shite dpm). 

Hesitation is defeat. You have a plethora of options in any engagements, but only one of them is the best. No other than making that one true king of all plays in the moment defines you as a great player, and Progetto makes damn sure to let you know when you play great.

It is a bit more forgiving than a regular autoloader, if you fuck up the first shot you don't have to sit there for 20/30 seconds waiting for a full clip reload.

Definitely takes some practice and time to get used to. Also shits credits.