nemlengyel

Quack kill sound effect for WoT

So I decided to see how audio modding is with the current version of WoT and decided to create a small mod that replaces the crew voiceover for killing an enemy tank with this little gem. The inspiration for this was shishx, who uses this effect in his videos; however, he does not use a mod for that but rather adds it himself during video post-processing. Since I haven't been able to find any mod that replicates this functionality, I decided to create this myself and upload it here in case someone else wanted to have a few laughs as well. The kill voiceover is replaced for all nations. Especially fun if you're playing:

• Large boomsticks, esp KV-2
  • AMX 40
  • artillery

In general sound modding seems to be pretty straightforward nowadays and the engine is quite versatile.

quack.rar

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 9:07 PM, FavreFan4ever said:

As someone who has never used a sound mod before, would you be so kind as to walk me through how to install this? It sounds delightful. Do I just download the thing and paste it into a specific folder?

Yeah, pretty much. You need to go to your WoT installation directory, it contains a folder called res_mods. You need to unzip the contents of this quack archive inside that folder. Afterwards, just start up a replay where you killed a tank to verify the sound works OK.