Sign in to follow this  
Never

New Patron Perk: Automatic Statistics Update

3 posts in this topic

Hello!

As some know, I recently had to disable statistics updates through the signature images. Turns out I severely underestimated the usage of the signature images in relation to their impact, and the extra updates were eating up 10 GB of disk space per day, which is unsustainable. However, having statistics update automatically without the need for the user to visit their WoTLabs profile is still a very popular request, but due to the impact on our server, I decided to add this as a new perk to our Patrons. If you're a Patron, the account that you have used to verify your forum account will be automatically updated once a day. This way, you don't need to keep visiting your page to keep your statistics up-to-date. In fact, you don't even need to do anything at all. Our system will take care of everything while you're away.

Our Patreon

Patreon is a way for us to offset the substantial costs or running servers for WoTLabs. Even $1 per month helps us immensely, and as a bonus perk (along with all the perks here in the forum), you won't see any ads on WoTLabs as long as you're logged into the forum account which is in the Patron group. If you sign up on Patreon, PM me on the forum letting me know, and I'll set up your forum account on our Patron group as soon as possible. Make sure your account is verified, and the account which you used to verify will always have its statistics updated automatically!

Thank you so much to all our Patrons, former, current and future. Hope you guys like this new perk!

Cheers!

Make sure to only auto update IF the account has played any battles since the last update, otherwise you'd still be eating a lot of disc space for non-players (like me!).