Sign in to follow this  
Tarski

50TP Tyszkiewicza thread

Let's give this tank a thread. I've been enjoying mine, though I'm doing badly in it. Refer, of course, to @leggasiini's thread on the Polish heavy line, where you will learn among other things that you can skip some of the modules if you feel like it

BBfExzb.png

The turret is nice but has two weak spots to worry about. The side armor is decent and the tracks are large, but the angled shoulders mean you won't be doing much sidescraping. The shoulders are very weak through a range of angles, which has led to me taking damage from tier 7 tanks from whom I thought I was safe. At least you can bait some non-damaging shots with the large forward drive wheels. The front hull is pretty strong, but the lower plate and driver's hatch are large. 

DPM for tier 9 heavy tanks ranges from about 1800 (Type 4 with the 14 cm gun) to 2200 (Obj 705 with the 122 mm gun), and the 50TP sits comfortably at 2100. Tier 9 heavies have standard round penetration ranging from 242 mm to 259 mm, and the 50TP gets 250 mm. Meanwhile the 50TP's 560 alpha is second only to the Type 4's 14 cm gun. The downside is that its premium round has the same penetration as that of the Obj 705: 303 mm. That's not far off from a lot of its peers, but isn't great. The gun depression is 8 degrees, which places it in the middle of the pack for its tier and class. The gun handling is fairly bad. The shell velocity is...fine. Overall, the gun is the probably the highlight of the tank. 

Like the Emil II, AMX M4 51, ST-I, and Obj 705, the 50TP gets 380 meters of view range, which is worst among tier 9 heavies. 

Here are some gameplay videos. 

skill4ltu

straik

_Marine

Circonflexes

^ Yeh basically that, definitely not keeping it when I get the tier 10 unlocked.

Whole tank is just not that comfy, it's slow and awkward to move about, the gun aims for days and the armour is wonky as all hell.

Yet at the same time when the armour bounces stuff and you hit stuff, you can be a complete monster, the alpha is very satisfying for a tier 9. 

I have just found getting consistency from it hard, you'll have like 5k damage games and then you'll have a game where you only get to fire 6-7 times either because the team folded or the enemy folded and your too slow to catch up, and half the shots either miss or bounce. 

8 hours ago, tajj7 said:

^ Yeh basically that, definitely not keeping it when I get the tier 10 unlocked.

Whole tank is just not that comfy, it's slow and awkward to move about, the gun aims for days and the armour is wonky as all hell.

Yet at the same time when the armour bounces stuff and you hit stuff, you can be a complete monster, the alpha is very satisfying for a tier 9. 

I have just found getting consistency from it hard, you'll have like 5k damage games and then you'll have a game where you only get to fire 6-7 times either because the team folded or the enemy folded and your too slow to catch up, and half the shots either miss or bounce. 

One other problem on the 50TP that in my experience has prevented getting consistent results is the baddish gold pen. 303 is not terrible, but it does mean there will sometimes be engagements that you simply cannot win due to not having the raw pen needed (340-ish) and cannot avoid being a normal heavy. Against good players in armoured tanks who don't make many mistakes, the 50TP feels limited. 

I generally prefer running the tier 8 50TP with food since that's so much more flexible while not being any worse tier for tier at trading. 

1 hour ago, lavawing said:

I generally prefer running the tier 8 50TP with food since that's so much more flexible while not being any worse tier for tier at trading.

QFT

15 hours ago, lavawing said:

One other problem on the 50TP that in my experience has prevented getting consistent results is the baddish gold pen. 303 is not terrible, but it does mean there will sometimes be engagements that you simply cannot win due to not having the raw pen needed (340-ish) and cannot avoid being a normal heavy. Against good players in armoured tanks who don't make many mistakes, the 50TP feels limited. 

Yeh agree its like IS7 premium ammo, its just lacking against types and Maus etc. compared to the 340 HEAT most other tier 9 and 10 heavies have, especially when coupled with a derpy gun, like the E75 gets 311 APCR which is not much more but the gun handling is so much better it feels way more effective.

Probably only the 14cm on the Type 4, 127mm on the M4 51 (neither of which are used on those tanks) and the Emil 2s premium rounds are worse and in the current meta premium rounds are important.

4 hours ago, tajj7 said:

127mm on the M4 51 (neither of which are used on those tanks) and the Emil 2s premium rounds are worse and in the current meta premium rounds are important.

i play with the 127mm 

:feelsbad:

I kind of like this tank. It's slow and awkward with huge tracks and terrible hull armor, but the gun is just lovely. Punishing people for 560ish gives me a warm feeling. It can't really snap and is a bit derpy even at medium ranges but that's to be expected. 

The armor seems trollish at best. I get some bounces on the hull, mostly from people who don't know where to shoot or can't hit the huuuuuge lower front plate. The 8 degrees of gun depression make the tank more comfortable, and hull down it's decent enough. Nobody wants to stay still in front of that gun for very long so unless you've just fired only stupid people stick around to carefully aim for cupolas. Meaning only Russian tanks hit those with their abnormal snapshots.

I don't think it's a keeper, but it's a nice tank to grind through.

Sign in to follow this