Okay, what we have here is an absolutely fucking idiotic design. I can already tell that this is going to be absolutely awful to play, more so than other slow as fuck turretless TD:

• 0.44 accuracy, wtf? It's only 0.04 more than SU-152 derp. It can't even play mid ranges properly, let alone snipe.
  • It's turretless and slow, which always sucks ass.
  • Ridiculous casemate armor and apparently has a LFP weakspot makes me think it plays like tier 8 E3...or it's supposed to play like that.
  • ...yet it has -5 gun depression (wtf)
  • It has 400 alpha which isnt very good but it has ridiculous DPM.

So how the fuck will this thing play? It has no turret, it's slow, it can't even outtrade a lot of heavies because of alpha and it has LFP weakspot (or well, supposed to have). Fighting up close, which is what this thing is supposed to do (apparently) is going to be so wonky with this thing. T95 and E3 can, because of 750 alpha, and T28 can also do it to an extend because of it's weakspots being small. So one would think that you play this thing like E3 (or more accurately, like Badger), aka sit in a ridgeline, use your casemate armor and good firepower. Thing is, problem with Badger is that it will shoot once and it's target will never push it after that. E3 at least has alpha. This thing is like Badger...but with -5 gun dep, so you also need extremely specific positioning, and then you have this fucking abysmal accuracy stat. The accuracy means it can't use DPM from middle ranges unless RNG favors you, and slow, casemated platform with LFP weakspot means it can't use it up close either unless it can actually push a tank head on. And it's obviously a terrible sniper, not to mention it's taller than T28 which would imply that it has shit camo. Ridiculous.

And this is without taking into account the fact that it's a tier 8 that will meet a lot of tier 10s and the moment it does it's completely fucking useless. It can't brawl, it can't snipe, it's just stupid.

Oh and to add extra idiotic thing to the mix, it has extended sprockets like T28 so you cant even permatrack and damage it.

So it's a slow as fuck casemate TD with gun that has abysmal accuracy for 400 alpha but minmaxed DPM so it's situationally strong but only with RNG, that also has -5 gun depression, probably bad gun arc and shit. It takes the classic "unfun to play, unfun to play against" to whole fucking new level. How the fuck is this thing supposed to be enjoyable to play? And this is coming from a mongol who enjoys superheavies and 3 marked the TOG.

They literally just slapped random stats and called it a day. They already did that with the IS-3A, looks like thats the direction with new prems.

Its a better T28.

WoT continuing their trend of premiums better than tech tree counterparts. This thing will be annoying as fuck on ASIA. 

1 hour ago, leggasiini said:

Okay, what we have here is an absolutely fucking idiotic design. I can already tell that this is going to be absolutely awful to play, more so than other slow as fuck turretless TD

All these slow tanks are awful to play personally. I just free exped to the t28 for the 279 bouncing missions and it sucks ass. Played the Badger a bit as well. These are ridiculously situational, the DPM on the badger is so insane sometimes it scares the crap out of people so you smash them. But I simply cannot ridgeline snipe with them, I cannot ridleline snipe with anything but even more them because when your team gets a slight advantage, the game is already over for you. Only playing them as assault guns. 

20 minutes ago, MacusFlash said:

0,44 seems bad but we know how accuracy works in WoT. 

It's not russian tho, so it will miss the side of a Maus with its gun stuck into the collision model more often than not :D

And here I was wondering whatever could be taking WG so long to fart out its latest powercreep of the week..........

I dont have a problem with it. its a boring t8 casemate TD that is so close to the t28, most of the players will play it exactly the same way. it will get fucked by T10s, it will get fucked by arty and any decent player will stay away from it. Let the noobs and whales have soe fun with it and stomp it for the week you see more than one of theese things every 5 battles

9 minutes ago, Action said:

it will get fucked by T10s

Yes it will, but also remember with 3/5/7 MM you are more likely to shit on other T7s and T8s than you will get fucked by 10s. I almost think WG planned the MM changes to pave the road for unbalanced 8s.

4 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

WoT continuing their trend of premiums better than tech tree counterparts.

Also this. We're slowly going back to pay2win bois. :serb:

3 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

Slowly going back? I can't remember ever having gone away from that in the first place, Haswell.

How about gold ammo that couldn’t be bought for silver?

I thin k its hard to declare this thing as being better than the regular ass T28 without actually seeing the armor layout first. For all we know the 260 front armor may only be the gun shield. 

Aside from that, I’m happy to see that the USA turretless TD line may finally get a decent trainer that also acts as a good credit maker. that being said, this thing maybe doesn’t neeed 2800 base DPM. I’d happily trade some of that DPM for better accuracy.

1 hour ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Not a tier 10 in sight for tier 8s in ASIA. The tier 10 games are extremely rare. IS-3A is broken as fuck. 

^this.

It's not really a straight up better t28 tho? Horrible accuracy and depression. We dont know the armor layout. A slow turretless TD will not break the game in any way imo. (Give it 65km/h and call it Object TS5)

Edit: Didn't actually realize T28 had -5 aswell :)

17 hours ago, leggasiini said:

And it's obviously a terrible sniper, not to mention it's taller than T28 which would imply that it has shit camo.

I agree with you, but not on this. Can you elaborate relation between the tank height and the camo values? I only heard that from Quickfingers...

IMO, read the camo values and that's it.

13 hours ago, Haswell said:

Yes it will, but also remember with 3/5/7 MM you are more likely to shit on other T7s and T8s than you will get fucked by 10s. I almost think WG planned the MM changes to pave the road for unbalanced 8s.

Also this. We're slowly going back to pay2win bois. :serb:

Actually going by the numbers of T8 and T10 the opposite is true, there are far too many T8s and they get slotted most often in the 7 portion of a 357 template. Sad life for T8s, and even T6s which get the same kind of stick. 

That said, "slowly"? I think since i left this game took a frigging nose dive into P2W lol. 

T28 is overperforming at the moment, WG massively overbuffed it, so if this has better armour (reserving judgement until we see the whole layout) its going to be OP as f*ck despite the crap accuracy and depression, it's going to be a tier T95 that morons can just RRR, left click and right click to win flanks, because other idiots facing it will never pen it. 

Having the same level of armour as T28 would be funny. 63.5mm autobounce forehead while the whole T95 top is 38.1mm because they are not the same tank, not at all.:serb: Speaking of T95, how many times the shots pen the roof because people failed to hit the "weakspot" but still autopen, I don't see T28 having that issue. Unless they give the prem thing similar roof/forehead weakness and a big weak LFP I would say the prem thing will be darn better than a T95.