Tarski

Patch 1.4 Notes - Supertest 1st Iteration

29 posts in this topic

Courtesy of WOT Express and Google Translate, with some corrections to the resulting English. 

Main

• The tasks of the second operation of the Second Front campaign are rebalanced. 
  • Added support for multi-threaded display of all graphics of the game, which will increase performance due to more uniform loading of all available cores of the CPU. 
    •  Some players will notice a noticeable increase in FPS (frame rate per second). 
    •  Increased performance will be especially noticeable on the most modern and powerful PCs, as well as on computers of average performance. 
  • Work on the speed of the in-game store. 

Changes to wheeled vehicles 

• Fixed a number of problems in the work of wheel equipment. 
  • Optimized motion physics settings.
  • Balance changes made.

New appearance customization

• Added a new type of appearance elements - tactical numbers (three-digit numbers with the ability to manually enter and select the font).

Changes to maps

• Arrivals to hard-to-reach / non-playing places on all maps are closed.
  • Fixed errors on the following maps:
    • Karelia
    • Live Oaks
    • Lakeville 
    • Cliff
    • Murovanka
    • El Halluf
    • Airfield
    • Steppes
    • Minsk
    • Empire's Border
    • Klondike
    • Nebelburg
    • Abbey
  • On the Empire's Border map, the Assault mode is disabled. 
  • The “Lost City” map has been added for random battles (including assault and encounter), as well as for the “Attack / Defense” type of team battles. A deep processing of the map for these modes and types of battles was performed. An tier IV – X battle will appear on the map.

Changes to vehicle parameters

• UK
    Chimera
    • Dispersion from moving the tank is reduced by 17%.
    • Dispersion from turning the chassis is reduced by 17%.
    • Accuracy changed from 0.38 m to 0.36 m per 100 m.
    • The aiming time was changed from 2.7 to 2.5 s.
    • View range changed from 360 m to 380 m. 
    • Projectile flight speed AP Mk. 1 increased by 30%.
    • Projectile flight speed APDS Mk. 1 increased by 20%.
    • AP Penetration Mk. 1 changed from 202 to 218 mm.
  • USSR
    Obj 279(e)
    • Accuracy changed from 0.38 to 0.36 m per 100 m.
    • Dispersion on turret rotation is reduced by 25%. 
    • The aiming time is changed from 2.5 to 2.3 s.
    • Reinforced the armor on the bottom of the hull. 
  • France
    Added technology branch with wheel propulsion. The branch takes its start from the ELC AMX bis tank.
    • Tier VI: Panhard AMD 178B.
    • Tier VII: Hotchkiss EBR.
    • Tier VIII: Panhard AML Lynx 6x6.
    • Tier IX: Panhard EBR 90.
    • Tier X: Panhard EBR 105. 
  • Sweden
    Added Lansen C car (for testing with supertesters).

The experience requirements for the wheeled vehicles are as follows: 

• Tier 6 transition from AMX ELC bis to (Panhard AMD 178B) = 32,030 ex. (well, as we talked about). With the engine coming. Shown here is the cost of only the tank. From this moment we begin to count the experience up to 10.
  • Tier 7 (Hotchkiss EBR) = 61,800 exp.
  • Tier 8 (Panhard AML Lynx 6x6) = 104,400 exp.
  • Tier 9 (Panhard EBR 90) = 191,800 exp.
  • Tier 10 (Panhard EBR 105) = 230,000 exp.
  • Total: 740,630 exp. (the whole branch is completely direct, starting with the research of the 6th tier).
  • And to get directly to this transition from level 1, you will need (you didn’t have a Christmas tree or what?): 24,215 exp.

20 minutes ago, Star_Dust said:

Yes because the 279 (e) needs more buffs to it's armor and gun parameters

It's great at stomping bottom tiers but in a t10 only match I'd rather be in an obj260, wz1115, obj277

I'm just happy that they're adding another map to the rotation. Lost City = the reworked version of the old Ghost Town map. For me, the rework doesn't have to be particularly good for the increase in map diversity to be a good thing. 

I'd say those buffs are needed. 279 doesn't look that good from the videos I've seen. I'm close to getting it. I mean isn't the upper plate autopen with gold? And the reload is on the slow side compared to others, along with the slow moving speeds as well. I haven't played the chimera yet lol I have it for a month or so. 

46 minutes ago, kariverson said:

I'd say those buffs are needed. 279 doesn't look that good from the videos I've seen. I'm close to getting it. I mean isn't the upper plate autopen with gold? And the reload is on the slow side compared to others, along with the slow moving speeds as well. I haven't played the chimera yet lol I have it for a month or so. 

All that would do would continue the cycle of constant buffs that have the game balance so out of whack in the first place. Granted, not many are capable of getting the 279(e), but its already in the hands of the elite of the elite- lets make it even stronger!

I've only seen one in game- you can chalk it up to pubs not knowing where to shoot it, but I faced one during my TVP VTU grind on Ensk. It rolled over us, blocked something like 14k damage and dealing 10k. It wasn't penetrated ONCE. So yes, let's give it more armor.

11 minutes ago, FavreFan4ever said:

All that would do would continue the cycle of constant buffs that have the game balance so out of whack in the first place. Granted, not many are capable of getting the 279(e), but its already in the hands of the elite of the elite- lets make it even stronger!

I've only seen one in game- you can chalk it up to pubs not knowing where to shoot it, but I faced one during my TVP VTU grind on Ensk. It rolled over us, blocked something like 14k damage and dealing 10k. It wasn't penetrated ONCE. So yes, let's give it more armor.

Well many tier 10s are immune to tier 8s frontally. The 279 doesn't have to suck because of it. 

7 hours ago, kariverson said:

I mean isn't the upper plate autopen with gold?

IS-7, 430u, etc all need buffs as well by that logic.

5 hours ago, Tupinambis said:

Wait, what happened? Where is the ELC getting changed?

No. I just re-bought it today after not playing it in about 3 years. It's totally different. Goes up hill like a slug and the gun traverse on the 90 mm is atrocious. I had to switch back to the 75 mm.

20 hours ago, FavreFan4ever said:

New armored tanks always bounce 2-3x more than when they become popular. 

Also as I mentioned. It's OP when top tier but shit vs t10 tanks. The problem isn't how much armor it has but that it has no weakspots. It's essentially a t10 chrystler GF. Head on the frontal armor is 260-280 if you are the same height. If you are higher it all goes to around 250. 

10 hours ago, monjardin said:

No. I just re-bought it today after not playing it in about 3 years. It's totally different. Goes up hill like a slug and the gun traverse on the 90 mm is atrocious. I had to switch back to the 75 mm.

Yeah but it is a full tier lower. It 2 shots many same tier tanks. Given insane camo it has it is a very strong time. I played it on my current acc with 70% WR. Wonder if I could push it even further if I went binocs instead of optics and 440 vr i had on it.

19 hours ago, MacusFlash said:

Necessary buff to 279e. One more step to kill X tier battles.

You can't kill what's already dead.

Ayee, 198 standard pen on tierX wheeled turd. I know, I know - common test and all, but I dont see them increasing it to 220-230. Good luck penning all those superheavies with your magnificent .38 non russian accuracy. At least you can drive to the nearest body of water at 105 km/h...

https://www.tracks-up.com/home/world-of-tanks-supertest-top-tier-wheeled-vehicle-panhard-ebr-105-initial-parameters-images

EDIT: Common test is up now, English notes are here

New appearance customization

• Added a new type of appearance elements - tactical numbers (three-digit numbers with the ability to manually enter and select the font).

The numbers reportedly cost 50 gold and can be sold for 10,000 credits. Some sequences, like 911 and 666, are prohibited. 

There are also some new camouflage patterns in the 1.4 test. These include a new camo for the unreleased M41D "Chinese Bulldog"...

1uHyiDM.jpg

...and also an Australian camo with summer, desert, and winter variants. Perhaps they will be bundled into a custom style?  

95CrNsZ.jpg

xZP7CQd.jpg

qCCrUoU.jpg

It also looks like they might have a new version of Premium Account coming in 1.4. 

Played a few battles in the tier 10 french wheeled one and got 3 battles where they were only 2 lights of this kind (one of them was me) and in this matchup (+open map, malinovka + prokhorovka) it is just indescribable. I mean I did 7k combined (3k+4k spot) doing nothing just going and rolling around with 100km/h and occasionally push the X button to aim. It will be very annoying to play against, similar to fight against a tier 8 elc amx which (in my opinion) is already painful when that little spot runs around and if you play a slower tank or your turret cant turn that fast you literally can't do anything.

Watched Dakillzor play 5k games also with him circling and shooting 277s, 140, batchats and is7's from a distance or just running around for minutes - they could'nt do a thing.

Definitely going to be a thing in advances and cw's too, probably the next predecessor to the t100lt.

Also, in randoms it can just roll into the enemy base and spot the entirety of the enemy team and they can't even hit it once (happened when I was in a e4 and he just rolled into our base 20 seconds into the battle and then ran away spotting 10+ tanks). The problem will not be its bad viewrange but the ludicrous speed and acceleration.

I feared this update because of these new vehicles and I think they will be just another nail in the game's coffin.

When they implement (if they are) the premium ammo nerfs - and they will not nerf the superheavies so you just can't pen them but they can hit you back - the game will be dead as it is.

So sad.

Id like to see it perform on city maps. Maybe I am missing something. So it is excellent on open maps and to balance that it is utterly useless on tunnel maps?

Also read an interesting youtube comment: 

Obj 279e rebalanced; what happened to premium ammo rebalance? Or fixing the Leopard 1 & other tanks that have been neglected for 3-4 years? You wait for gathering data to rebalance tanks, let me ask you how many players owned the 279 that you thought it needed a buff? And is 4 years data enough for you to fix neglected tanks???

"We need loads of data before we make any rebalancing decisions"...blablabla.

Interesting that researching the tier 9 armored car costs 50k more xp than researching any tier 9 light tank.

Capture.JPG

That is all calculated in order to make the option to spend free XP (and gold) more appealing. Would you like to be the guy to miss out on the new toys while everybody else is zooming around on them?

You'd be a fool to think nothing is done intentionally. :serb:

On 1/13/2019 at 7:29 AM, RunTheGears08 said:

It only took them 7 years:feelsgoodman:

mV9bFz7.gif

Wot has been multithreaded since 9.14.

• 9.14 The sound engine was split off to its own thread.
  • 9.15 The Sound, Graphics, and Game engines have their own threads.  AMD CPUs, especially the older FX 6 and 8 core CPUs got a huge boost in performance.
  • 1.0 The game used at least 4 threads if you have at least 4 cores or 2 cores with hyperthreading.
  • 1.4 the graphics engine uses more than one thread and the rest of the multithreading was improved further.

Finally played one on the test server. Got Empire's Border, which is almost a worst case scenario. Just drove around like a dipshit for 10 minutes, did 2500 damage and 1500 spotting shooting AP while the team slowly died. As long as you're hauling it's almost impossible to hit you. You can circle a heavy to death if he can't get to a wall to block his back. The DPM is so bad you'll have a lot of time to react to one, but these things are going to be classic, grade A, WG-style cancer. The Sonic memes are going to cranked to 11 when 1.4 hits.