Tarski

Patch 1.4 Notes - Supertest 1st Iteration

Based on the test server (yeah, I know, I know) there's good news and  bad news. Good news is that there is hardly any arty, and if they do show up they usually get killed early. Bad news is that we have reds running around like headless chicken all over the place. I predict ammo bills going wayyy up if a lot of people drive those things.

24 minutes ago, kariverson said:

Jagtiger did make a short work of him when he realized not to shoot the damn tracks. 

He was above him so EFA was ~240mm. Not a common situation.

3 hours ago, MacusFlash said:

I just leave it here.

Yeah I watch a bit of Daki 3 marking it. He kept saying it’s not that strong while holding W and putting in snap shot after snap shot. That Ruski gun handling...

WG have gone full retard. Never go full retard.

1 hour ago, sohojacques said:

Yeah I watch a bit of Daki 3 marking it. He kept saying it’s not that strong while holding W and putting in snap shot after snap shot. That Ruski gun handling...

@MacusFlash

i think thats because people compare it to other monstrosity's.

in light of what other OP broken AF tanks we've seen in WoT the 279 isn't as bad or OP. Now dont get me wrong, im by no means saying that its balanced. or similar to skill that it needed buffs with so many other shit tier 10's still in-game.

but you will find that outside of 3-5-7 its not all its chalked up to be, one all tier 10 match or even 5-10 MM with everyone slinging 300+ HEAT/APCR and you'd see what i mean.  

1 hour ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

one all tier 10 match or even 5-10 MM with everyone slinging 300+ HEAT/APCR and you'd see what i mean

As I said elsewhere, if having your UFP penned by tier 10 premium shells warrants a buff, 430u, IS-7, etc, are all currently underpowered. Surely it’s already 430u-like snapshot-ability offsets the need for more armour?

Only comrade logic could conclude that this is buff-worthy ahead of the long list of other of neglected tanks.

11 minutes ago, sohojacques said:

As I said elsewhere, if having your UFP penned by tier 10 premium shells warrants a buff, 430u, IS-7, etc, are all currently underpowered. Surely it’s already 430u-like snapshot-ability offsets the need for more armour?

Only comrade logic could conclude that this is buff-worthy ahead of the long list of other of neglected tanks.

read my comment a bit more carefully: "im by no means saying that its balanced. or similar to skill that it needed buffs with so many other shit tier 10's still in-game."

im simply explaining why most players (of which a majority are very skilled) dont think its all that great.

you also have to consider that these opinions are from people who most likely went through hell to obtain it, only to receive a relatively average reward by today's standards. 

52 minutes ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

im simply explaining why most players (of which a majority are very skilled) dont think its all that great.

Yeah I got your point. But whether it’s currently insanely OP or not is moot. As you agree, it’s not underpowered. So, like many, I’m questioning the decision to buff it. 

And isn’t a major part of the reward of these tanks simply having it it’s epeen expanding presence in randoms? Do status symbols need to be broken OP as well?

43 minutes ago, sohojacques said:

Yeah I got your point. But whether it’s currently insanely OP or not is moot. As you agree, it’s not underpowered. So, like many, I’m questioning the decision to buff it. 

And isn’t a major part of the reward of these tanks simply having it it’s epeen expanding presence in randoms? Do status symbols need to be broken OP as well?

not saying the mission reward tanks should be OP. But at the same time if the final vehicle at the least weren't good then the amount of time, effort, money, and mental frustration required to obtain them would not be worth for something as stupid as an Epeen boost.

hence why certain reward tanks needed attention just not the 279.

for Ex: tanks such as the chimera and its mission changes are justified IMO, the missions currently are on par with the 55A/260 missions in terms of difficulty, all for a very underwhelming PoS non-pref, non credit making tier 8.

IMO they should have pushed the wheeled tonks further out for more testing and instead made 1.4 a Re-balancing update for the tanks they listed before such as the E100/IS-4/Leo1. but WG is clearly more concerned with another game-breaking cash grab 

279e changes are completely unnecessary, even if it was underpowered which is highly unlikely considering almost all the people I have seen who have it, its pretty much their best performing tier 10, there are clearly not enough of them and they have not been about long enough to make that judgement. 

Ghost Town is an awful map, city in the middle and then surrounded by red line camping spots, which as usual are elevated, have hard cover, bush cover and every approach is across open ground, and there are like 3/4 spots on each red line. If you want to progress from the city, you have like 300m of open ground to cross with no cover to dig these spots out, top map design giving the best spots on the map to shitters who drive 50m from their spawn and make no attempt to win the game. 

Wheeled vehicles are just meh, don't find them game breaking at all now the boosts are gone, obviously 5+ of them on each side with another 5 shitbarns on each team is just chaos, but that is the test server and the same with too many of any tank, the day the Grille 15 came out was just as stupid. But on live, when there are 1-2 of them, 90% of them will die trying to do this 'drive fast and survive' tactic, they are really not harder to hit, IMO Even 90 is harder to hit. 

They'll fail horribly on live, its more campy, the map rotation is corridor crap maps or campy maps they'll never outspot, there is less lage so shooting them becomes easier and most people won't be 500 battle noobs who are barely on tier 5 trying tier 10s they have no clue about like on test. A small handful of player will get these to work but I doubt even they will stick with them long term as why bother when you can work your behind off in a wheeled vehicle and have fun not being able to kill Maus or Type 5s or IS7s because of your crappy pen and DPM or you could just dominate games in a 430U with far less effort.

12 hours ago, kariverson said:

Jagtiger did make a short work of him when he realized not to shoot the damn tracks. 

Naah. Jtiger made short work of him once he got close enough the angle made his upper plate weaker. 

12 hours ago, sohojacques said:

I think what Daki means is probably it won't stay super strong for long. Once people learn the armor profile it will be less useful. 

9 hours ago, sohojacques said:

They need a perception of them being broken so people grind them. It's reasonable even if bad for balance. 

38 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

They need a perception of them being broken so people grind them. 

That perception already exists.

And 260 didn’t have to be broken as fuck for people to grind missions for it.

2 hours ago, sohojacques said:

That perception already exists.

And 260 didn’t have to be broken as fuck for people to grind missions for it.

When 260 was released everybody thought it was broken as fuck. It was before is7 buffs so everyone called it a better is7. 

279 some streamers called it only good when top tier. WG noticed people are not grinding hard enough so they buff it. 

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/update-1-4-common-test-2/

France

Panhard EBR 90

Changed the top and reverse speed from 70 to 65 km/h (Cruise mode)

Changed the top and reverse speed from 90 to 85 km/h (Rapid mode)

Panhard 12H 6000 mle.63

Changed the engine power from 620 to 580 h.p.

Panhard H-101

Changed the engine power from 550 to 500 h.p.

Panhard EBR 105

Changed the top and reverse speed from 75 to 70 km/h (Cruise mode)

Changed the top speed from 105 to 95 km/h (Rapid mode)

Changed the reverse speed from 75 to 70 km/h (Rapid mode)

Changed the engine power from 820 to 750 h.p.

Panhard AML Lynx 6x6

Changed the reverse speed from 58 to 40 km/h (Cruise mode)

Changed the top speed from 82 to 80 km/h (Rapid mode)

Changed the reverse speed from 82 to 60 km/h (Rapid mode)

AM 39 Gendron-Somua

Changed dispersion of the 25 mm SA35 gun for the turret from 0.43 m to 0.42 m

49 minutes ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/update-1-4-common-test-2/

France

Panhard EBR 90

Changed the top and reverse speed from 70 to 65 km/h (Cruise mode)

Changed the top and reverse speed from 90 to 85 km/h (Rapid mode)

Panhard 12H 6000 mle.63

Changed the engine power from 620 to 580 h.p.

Panhard H-101

Changed the engine power from 550 to 500 h.p.

Panhard EBR 105

Changed the top and reverse speed from 75 to 70 km/h (Cruise mode)

Changed the top speed from 105 to 95 km/h (Rapid mode)

Changed the reverse speed from 75 to 70 km/h (Rapid mode)

Changed the engine power from 820 to 750 h.p.

Panhard AML Lynx 6x6

Changed the reverse speed from 58 to 40 km/h (Cruise mode)

Changed the top speed from 82 to 80 km/h (Rapid mode)

Changed the reverse speed from 82 to 60 km/h (Rapid mode)

AM 39 Gendron-Somua

Changed dispersion of the 25 mm SA35 gun for the turret from 0.43 m to 0.42 m

Yeah nerfing them will make them really good. Jesus WG balance team are idiots

9 hours ago, hazzgar said:

When 260 was released everybody thought it was broken as fuck. It was before is7 buffs so everyone called it a better is7. 

279 some streamers called it only good when top tier. WG noticed people are not grinding hard enough so they buff it. 

But then WG redefined what broken as fuck can mean. Remember when Obj. 140 was considered OP? We all do. Cause it was 2017.

I agree that WG want to make more coin from the new mission set. But I doubt buffing the 279e will achieve that. The same people who were good enough to get their hands on a 260 will pick up the 279e. That’s a tiny percentage of the game’s dwindling player base.