kolni

Wheeled Tank Mechanics

I don't know what game people are playing when they talk about using HE or HESH, the game I play there's too much fucking 1.0 eye candy garbage littering most of the maps to get a shot on anything anyway. The last time a fencepost turned a 320 damage shot into 0 was when I stripped HE off virtually all of my tanks.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/update-1-4-common-test-2/

France

Panhard EBR 90

Changed the top and reverse speed from 70 to 65 km/h (Cruise mode)

Changed the top and reverse speed from 90 to 85 km/h (Rapid mode)

Panhard 12H 6000 mle.63

Changed the engine power from 620 to 580 h.p.

Panhard H-101

Changed the engine power from 550 to 500 h.p.

Panhard EBR 105

Changed the top and reverse speed from 75 to 70 km/h (Cruise mode)

Changed the top speed from 105 to 95 km/h (Rapid mode)

Changed the reverse speed from 75 to 70 km/h (Rapid mode)

Changed the engine power from 820 to 750 h.p.

Panhard AML Lynx 6x6

Changed the reverse speed from 58 to 40 km/h (Cruise mode)

Changed the top speed from 82 to 80 km/h (Rapid mode)

Changed the reverse speed from 82 to 60 km/h (Rapid mode)

AM 39 Gendron-Somua

Changed dispersion of the 25 mm SA35 gun for the turret from 0.43 m to 0.42 m

like @Hellsfog predicted 

After playing them more on CT, I don't think most players could control the wheelies at the original speeds.  I haven't played them with the nerf so I can't say if it is too much. 

On 1/15/2019 at 1:54 AM, sohojacques said:

But the TD and arty players tears...

If anything it makes me happy cause i definitely see more clickers dead way faster when these hit live, and that's never a bad thing. 

The bad side is that those will potentially turn every game into a yolofest and that's not fun :S

So they nerfed the speed and engine power, but gave them nothing else.

Makes them even worse then.

Literally all they have is speed, and now they are worse than that, they didn't need a straight up nerf, they needed to be made less min/maxed.  

On 1/18/2019 at 12:51 PM, arthurwellsley said:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4680290#sand_river-arthurwellsley-panhard_ebr_75_fl_10

Rental tier VIII premium, played on the normal server. Frankly it seems balanced. Sub average players will be punished hard.

That's not a great result for a top tier battle imho. It's dead on for 3 mark reqs for a t7 french premium light and 400 below elc even 90. Not trying to shit on you. Just saying those tanks are not as good. You REALLLY have to work for results over 3.5k combined. Those are a regular thing for experienced light players in other t8 lights.

On 1/18/2019 at 11:42 AM, tajj7 said:

So they nerfed the speed and engine power, but gave them nothing else.

Makes them even worse then.

Literally all they have is speed, and now they are worse than that, they didn't need a straight up nerf, they needed to be made less min/maxed.  

but min maxing is all wg does. 

I managed to play EBR rental. The tank is alright, what makes it bad right now are the fucking maps. I got Fjords, Paris and Mountain Pass 3 games straight and stopped playing it. Got a 7k combined game in Prok tho. My problem once again, is WG being unable to design mechanics that are good for the game. If you wanted to keep these tanks like active scouts, you could have gave them high view range while going +40kph and decrease it being below 40. Who cares if it's not a realistic thing. The shitty ass view range fucks up the wheeled vehicle because you get outspotted by lights and some TDs unless you can  take an advantageous position during the first min and a half, which is possible in 1/6 maps I'd say. Man I REALLY wish I could play 2016 WoT with old maps and climbs. 

On 1/18/2019 at 10:59 PM, hazzgar said:

That's not a great result for a top tier battle imho. It's dead on for 3 mark reqs for a t7 french premium light and 400 below elc even 90.

Yep, when looking at most of the streamers who tested it they were around 500-700 combined down on their other tier 8 lights, it does about tier 8 light damage (gun is decent compared to other lights) but it doesn't do the spotting and the gun doesn't compensate for that enough. 

20 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

Yep, when looking at most of the streamers who tested it they were around 500-700 combined down on their other tier 8 lights, it does about tier 8 light damage (gun is decent compared to other lights) but it doesn't do the spotting and the gun doesn't compensate for that enough. 

Yeah plus you either have fun or get good results. To play well requires effort. I don't like effort.

23 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Yeah plus you either have fun or get good results. To play well requires effort. I don't like effort.

I don't mind effort but it needs to be rewarded, if something has a high skill floor, it needs high potential when you exceed it and play it really well.

I don't think currently they do this, the tier 8 premium has been buffed but not really in the way most people who played it thought it should be either with increased firepower or better view range. 

Personally I think all these vehicles will end up needing buffs long term, but then we have had tier 10 lights for ages now and they are not performing, especially Rhm. and WZ but they are just left being crap. 

2 hours ago, tajj7 said:

I don't mind effort but it needs to be rewarded, if something has a high skill floor, it needs high potential when you exceed it and play it really well.

I don't think currently they do this, the tier 8 premium has been buffed but not really in the way most people who played it thought it should be either with increased firepower or better view range. 

Personally I think all these vehicles will end up needing buffs long term, but then we have had tier 10 lights for ages now and they are not performing, especially Rhm. and WZ but they are just left being crap. 

Yeah I don't mind effort if it gives me something. Not working my butt off for 3.5k combined game. That's the problem. The same amount of effort gets you 5k+ in other tanks

Yeh I know which is why I think they need buffing, but of course the ignorant masses out there think these things are OP and gamebreaking because they are fast. 

2 hours ago, tajj7 said:

Yeh I know which is why I think they need buffing, but of course the ignorant masses out there think these things are OP and gamebreaking because they are fast. 

This is a main problem i sometimes see even seeping to good players in wotlabs. They think frustration or lack of it is an indicator of tank balance. So a tank thats hard to hit or spot - OP. A tank that gets penned easily - UP (Ferdie has shit armor but 1500hp, comfy gun and alpha and it;s undervalued)

7 hours ago, tajj7 said:

It's not ignorant. Maps are not designed to handle this type of mobility. 

But whatever dude, you have fun playing a game with tiny ass vehicles flying 60m everywhere spotting you with zero counterplay because you can't hit them because of how bloom works :^)

15 hours ago, Kolni said:

It's not ignorant. Maps are not designed to handle this type of mobility. 

But whatever dude, you have fun playing a game with tiny ass vehicles flying 60m everywhere spotting you with zero counterplay because you can't hit them because of how bloom works :^)

Maps are not designed full stop, but then most maps mobility is a completely over rated attribute, if you can go about 40-50kph, then you have more mobility than you ever need in this game to do what you need to do, if you are packing armour and good gun with that mobility, like almost every bloody Russian tank, then you are in the best position.  Because armour and alpha is the meta. 

100kph means you can rush from one corridor where you can't do anything to the other corridor where you can't do anything, the fastest. Plus you can rush to like the hill on mines with your crap gun and no view range, or rush to the mid ridge on Prohk with your massive side profile and no view range and you'll have less impact than same tier lights. 

Wheeled vehicles will change very little IMO. They are gimmicky, weaker lights, without the main benefit of lights, the ability to spot things, but go faster. They trade useful attributes like penetration, DPM, HP, view range for extreme speed, but as with most vehicles having one extreme attribute with little to compliment it, ultimately will make them not very good.  

No counterplay? Just shoot them, I seriously do not get the fuss I've played like 40-50 games on test both with and against them, and I had no issues hitting them at medium ranges. The ELC Even 90 is harder to hit IMO and that was with the crap ping I had on test.

At longer ranges, sure, but hardly much different from lights and at longer ranges these tanks are harmless. 

I have also played over 50 games with the EBR 75 on live, and again people had no trouble hitting me if they actually aimed. 

Any decent med or heavy at higher tiers will have little issue, sure the derpy gunned tanks might have issue, but then is that not the point? Fast, highly mobile tanks are supposed to be counters to big alpha, derpy heavies and TDs. 

Go watch DezGames he has a replay from the test server of the EBR 105, guy does about 7k damage, pretty much mainly sniping which is what these tanks will end up being long term, mobile snipers with bad guns. The guy in that replay hits other 105s at longer ranges multiple times with little issue. 

Not to mention as well view range takes a giant dump on them, no counterplay? These things have no counterplay against good lights on spotting maps, they are screwed, a light sits in a bush and you will never out spot them.  You get Malinovka, Prohk etc. and you the only 'light' against a good light tank player, they will just toy with you, you have to do that noob yolo rush and hope you get lucky. But you'll probably just suicide maybe taking the other light with you, and good light tank players will learn that when these vehicles are on the enemy team that they don't try for forward positions straight away and just use their view range later in the game. 

Sorry but  have you played them, played against them? Do you know how the high tier meta works for light tanks? 

Also 'tiny'? The tier 10 has a much bigger side profile than an Obj. 140, it is far from tiny.  Same with the tier 8 and 9, the tier 8 is a huge completely overmatchable from every angle box

If these things go live in current state, then 99% of the playerbase will be able to do squat in them bar kill themselves really quickly and take some other noobs down with them when they do their early yolo spot.

We'll see a few early on but I reckon the only people who'll stick with them for any length of time are really good players and they'll probably drop them once they get frustrated with the pathetic gun power that is even worse than the tier 10 lights.  In a few months they will barely be seen IMO as they are just not very effective. 

Played 3 games of 1.4 in my Panther/M10 to witness the carnage. It was all I could take. It’s like a scene from Mad Max. 1/2 a dozen tards per team yoloing around clicking auto-aim and holding down fire while spotting nothing besides other AVs cause lol no view range.

The little team structure that pubbies can muster is gone for a week or two I guess.

GG WG. Many slow claps in your direction. 

I played one tier 6 game this morning just to take in the spectacle. Obviously playing in the tier 6 shitter wheeled vehicle. I'm really glad Frontline is coming next week...

Got Prok with the tier 6 shitter. 362 meters view range is killing that thing dead. Barely got any spotting despite working my ass off and surviving close to the end game in a lost game.

1 hour ago, Kymrel said:

Got Prok with the tier 6 shitter. 362 meters view range is killing that thing dead. Barely got any spotting despite working my ass off and surviving close to the end game in a lost game.

Had a feeling the lower tiers would be shit, I enjoyed the 105 on test server. About to unlock the tier 6 now when download finishes.. hopefully the lines not a huge let down.

Totally burned out with wot at the moment in general, really not liking their direction with it

Any new patch with new vehicles is problematic especially around the starting tiers of that new content.

I played about 9 games last night, all tier 8 and 9 and only saw 4 of them, only 1 plyer tried the dance through the whole team thing and died within 20s on Overlord.

Was in a game with an EBR 105 that managed 7k spotting on Prohk, but then I managed 5.5k in the Lt-432 and actually out damage him as well, so I think it was more a very bad enemy team more than anything (especially their top tier light who yolo sucided in the first minute). 

The game breaking apocalypse the pubbie masses have been predicting for weeks just does not seem to exist.

As I thought when these things hit live, the drive through the lines and spot everything tactic is not going to work and really these things are just fast blind light tanks, able to do pretty similar stuff, most of the people that free XPd to the higher tiers ones I saw seemed to play more cautiously or just active spotted like most lights do on those maps by driving ridges.