Kolni

Wheeled Tank Mechanics

Lmao i got Mines top tier in the tier 6 where view range literally doesn't matter because the map is fucking tiny and I ended up just shitting on everything.  2.2k damage no ace because i guess somehow people are actually doing really well in these things?  Or not a lot of people are playing the 6 so there aren't as many retards bringing down the

Outside of that one very specific use case the tier 6 is garbage

The tier 6 clearly is intended to be a free-xp sink. It's utterly terrible. Comparing it to the T37 or any other tier 6 light tank is hilarious. The only slight upside is the relatively decent HE round. I'm using mine as a tier 6 Leo PTA, doing a bit of sniping at the start and then using the decent speed to get into positions to hopefully flank something. 

On 3/10/2019 at 11:40 AM, Jesse_the_Scout said:

Adding stupid-ass fast tanks is just another nail in the coffin. Perfect WG balance: useless to play, situationally infuriating to play against.

On what basis have you formed your opinions?

You have 0 experience on live playing wheeled vehicles.

You have limited experience from tiers 7-10 in light tanks, and the wheeled vehicles were introduced for tiers 6-10.

On 3/14/2019 at 5:14 PM, taugrim said:

On what basis have you formed your opinions?

You have 0 experience on live playing wheeled vehicles.

You have limited experience from tiers 7-10 in light tanks, and the wheeled vehicles were introduced for tiers 6-10.

i can assure you that i'm more experienced than literally anyone here on the forum left and these things are simply terrible for gameplay

enjoy the map design of crossing (redlining btw) from base into the city on lakeville with some shitter light tank being able to literally cut you and light you all because they can cover so much ground in such little time, just like arty is a huge issue in corridor meta these tanks are a problem when maps are clearly designed to have intended areas to fight on

glacier had this issue before wheeled tanks, your tank choice (slow heavy) means you are risking getting farmed just crossing into the area because of how the map is designed and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. you're stuck doing nothing or you have to camp it because there simply isn't any way for you to get to the area that the map wants you to fight on

wheeled tanks just took that scenario to its very, very extreme and the gameplay feels unfair since you can't do anything about it. they might die for it, but you're still stuck in a shitty situation that you could do absolutely nothing about changing

how is this not one of the most giant flaws in any game ever?

anyone supporting wheeled tanks might as well be supporting arty and type 5s, they are equally bad for gameplay quality

WG are going on about how they’re a good SPG counter. If you yolo at the start of the game, possibly? But having the speed to get to late game mop up first doesn’t necessarily equal counter.

What they do counter, unquestionably, is higher tier LTs. Cause there’s a group of tanks that needed nerfing: underpowered on release; fucked further by 1.0 map changes and the merkins WG handed out to most camping locations. Now you lose out on a heap of early spotting opportunities as well.

And I know WoT doesn’t even remotely resemble a simulator, but the physics defying acceleration and unflippability of the WVs is so comically stupid; it more like pin ball than a tank game.

The only saving grace is that hardly anyone plays them.

It really is. Between yoloing wheelies and asshats in EBRs going behind enemy lines when attacking and taking out objectives before anyone can rank up they are not a good addition to this game mode IMO.

I've played the Lynx a little, since I sort of want to grind out the rest of the modules in this mode on the large map, but the gun is so much worse than the premium wheelie for this game mode at least that it's extra painful. What it excels at is switching flanks and yoloing. And going 80 kph isn't much better than going 70 kph in the 432, which leaves yoloing and hoping the baddies can't hit you.

Wheelie bins are horrible for the game. They have made early (typical) light tank gameplay redundant on the few maps where scouting was actually possible because of yolo tards lighting everyone and everything in 10s as they can get to the typical light spots well before anyone else. Oh and their laser like accuracy is OP too. I am not a fan.