Ham_

Frontline, Ranked and with Reward Tanks

56 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, hall0 said:

I am more interested in the secured T9 tank. ^^

I wonder what could it be. Anyone recalling a tank which was leaked a while ago, but never made it ingame? 

There’s a tier 9 premium Chinese TD that’s been hiding in tbe game files for a while now.  Iirc it actually looked pretty good.

Not sure I like how it's only the first week of every month. Rather it be permanent. But that's alright. if there's 10 "episodes" it must start in March 1st until December 1st.

I like this mode because +0 matchmaking, EZ credit farm and dank rewards while farming shitters. 9/10

2 hours ago, Tman450 said:

Not sure I like how it's only the first week of every month. Rather it be permanent. But that's alright. if there's 10 "episodes" it must start in March 1st until December 1st.

I like this mode because +0 matchmaking, EZ credit farm and dank rewards while farming shitters. 9/10

They did touch the maps in their classic WG fashion though.... hmmm 

I played a couple of battles on the test server. They may have managed to fix the spawn-camping situation in C, but I didn't really notice any other big changes. But then it's been a while since Frontline was live so I can't say my memory of the map was that good to begin with.

200 effective armor means it's HE proof but everyone lol-pens it. I'll take the Emil over that any day.

15 hours ago, Ham_ said:

Looks like WZ-120G FT? https://tanks.gg/tank/wz-120g-ft

It's a derpier but faster jagdtiger basically

with less armor. Jtiger is butter for t9 tanks but at least it can bounce 200pen rounds. This is 160 on the lfp/ufp and 190 on ufp. 

1 hour ago, hazzgar said:

with less armor. Jtiger is butter for t9 tanks but at least it can bounce 200pen rounds. This is 160 on the lfp/ufp and 190 on ufp. 

Never played against a hull down JT have you?

Also JT gets 2,1k HP and it's German (= sexy) and not bad for once

2 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

Never played against a hull down JT have you?

Also JT gets 2,1k HP and it's German (= sexy) and not bad for once

I meant it the other way. The china Jtiger is butter. 

Yeah unless I’m just looking wrong the only tier IX tanks with either premium or special vehicle status are the T-55A, that Chinese TD, and the SU-122-54 which, AFAIK, is pretty much unchanged from its old tech tree incarnation

5 hours ago, Tupinambis said:

Yeah unless I’m just looking wrong the only tier IX tanks with either premium or special vehicle status are the T-55A, that Chinese TD, and the SU-122-54 which, AFAIK, is pretty much unchanged from its old tech tree incarnation

New WG balancing strategy will be releasing so many shit reward vehicles they won't have to buff the tanks they forgot about. Type61 will look like a world beater when they release unchanged 122-54

SU-122-54 gets worse and worse with every patch as more and more open maps get turned into corridors even though it isn't even in the game

9 hours ago, Tupinambis said:

according to tanks.gg it now has a monstrous 390 damage gun with a searing 230 pen (270 gold round if you're feeling crazy)

1 hour ago, cavman276 said:

according to tanks.gg it now has a monstrous 390 damage gun with a searing 230 pen (270 gold round if you're feeling crazy)

thats because it was being prepared to become a tier 8 premium.

the special tier 9 will likely be the Chinese TD or something else that WG pulls out of their asses 

The tier 9 Chinese TD looks like it is as big as a barn, has bad camo and no armor to speak of.  Am I wrong that it looks decidedly unfun?

17 hours ago, Hellsfog said:

The tier 9 Chinese TD looks like it is as big as a barn, has bad camo and no armor to speak of.  Am I wrong that it looks decidedly unfun?

Yup. It would have to have like 1231231 DPM to be fun but then it would be broken as balls. It's clearly worse than the already bad tech tree t9 td

16 hours ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

thats because it was being prepared to become a tier 8 premium.

the special tier 9 will likely be the Chinese TD or something else that WG pulls out of their asses 

still a pretty shit gun for a tier 8 TD

On 1/28/2019 at 9:20 PM, cavman276 said:

still a pretty shit gun for a tier 8 TD

True, ISU-152 got nerfed and it still has a bullshit 290 APCR 750 damage round and you are supposed to match that thing against it. Hell even the SU-101 has the T-10 gun now.

Hopefully it's not either of those two, as they are both unappealing, derpy, no armour, turretless TDs.

Maybe they have something new, high chance it'll be Russian though. 

Apparently people are saying you'll only be able to get enough points for two tanks and they won't be the Emil and tier 9, so its likely to be a choice between the two + STA-2/WZ-111

15 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

Hopefully it's not either of those two, as they are both unappealing, derpy, no armour, turretless TDs.

Maybe they have something new, high chance it'll be Russian though. 

Apparently people are saying you'll only be able to get enough points for two tanks and they won't be the Emil and tier 9, so its likely to be a choice between the two + STA-2/WZ-111

Jesus I'm taking Emil over both those two combined, especially STA-2. I have a STA-2 and it has one of the worst cases of tier 8 med syndrome.