Ham_

Frontline, Ranked and with Reward Tanks

56 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Ham_ said:

I have a STA-2 and it has one of the worst cases of tier 8 med syndrome.

Yeah, I think the Emil is going to be the good option and the tier 9 is going to be the novelty option. I traded in my STA-2 because it wasn't fun anymore. 

Is the t9 going to make premium money since all the other ones will? Or is it 3 money makers and a shit t9 reward tank? Because how is then a t9 an attractive option at all?

Crew trainer with a better MM than the tier 8s? It's about all I can think of.

35 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

Is the t9 going to make premium money since all the other ones will? Or is it 3 money makers and a shit t9 reward tank? Because how is then a t9 an attractive option at all?

There is no confirmation that the Emil is going to be a regular premium either, note the wording in the news item -

'The third tank is the rare Tier VIII Swedish heavy, the Emil 1951. This is a Frontline-exclusive vehicle and has yet to see combat, other than for testing'

Whereas the other two mention in the same article -

Tier VIII Premium Japanese medium tank

Tier VIII Premium Chinese heavy

Might be wrong and just the way it is worded, by if it was a premium why wouldn't you mention that? 

25 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

There is no confirmation that the Emil is going to be a regular premium either, note the wording in the news item -

'The third tank is the rare Tier VIII Swedish heavy, the Emil 1951. This is a Frontline-exclusive vehicle and has yet to see combat, other than for testing'

Whereas the other two mention in the same article -

Tier VIII Premium Japanese medium tank

Tier VIII Premium Chinese heavy

Might be wrong and just the way it is worded, by if it was a premium why wouldn't you mention that? 

It would be extremely stupid of them to create a reward t8 swedish heavy vehicle before they offer a premium one. If it's premium they can sell it later. If it isn't why would anyone grind for it over premium tanks, even bad ones? 

On 1/30/2019 at 8:39 PM, monjardin said:

People did a bigger grind to get the non-premium T95E2, and it absolutely hemorrhage’s credits with abysmal AP penetration. 

Yeah but it's all about perception (sorry buying habbits are kinda my thing). If you offer people a free t8 reward tank they will grind for it but if you offer people 2 prem tanks and 2 non prem tanks they will only go for prem tanks. The non prems will look worse because of the comparison. Emil will also piss off swede tank fans and wz will piss off anyone who looks at the stats. 

The reward Emil looks pretty lame on paper to me. The few possible tier 9s look straight up bad. Maybe they have something new coming. Sta looks weak, WZ is decent enough but boring. Doesn't look to me like reward tanks are going to be a big incentive unless they do a little bumping of stats. Doesn't really matter since Frontline is way better than the normal game anyway.

18 hours ago, hazzgar said:

It would be extremely stupid of them to create a reward t8 swedish heavy vehicle before they offer a premium one. If it's premium they can sell it later. If it isn't why would anyone grind for it over premium tanks, even bad ones? 

I agree, but it's still a possibility. As pointed out above the T95E2 is a non credit making premium, as is the Chimera and people grind those. Plus the Chieftain/T95 was initially released without credit making ability until the whole CWs community complained about it.

Also it says 'Frontline Exclusive' which to me suggests they are restricting it to that mode, again WG breaks those sort of promises all the time, but it seems weird to brand it that and theoretically anyone is able to get it as every player will be able to rent tier 8 tanks and play frontline, and I am presuming eventually get enough points to get one (presuming its still available for next years frontline as well as an option) thus its always available as a trainer. 

I reckon it'll be a credit maker though and they will probably sell it eventually, but odd wording that creates doubt. 

11 hours ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

The reward Emil looks pretty lame on paper to me. The few possible tier 9s look straight up bad. Maybe they have something new coming. Sta looks weak, WZ is decent enough but boring. Doesn't look to me like reward tanks are going to be a big incentive unless they do a little bumping of stats. Doesn't really matter since Frontline is way better than the normal game anyway.

It's a straight up better Emil 1 though really, it trades one round in the magazine for a faster reload, faster clip speed, better gun handling and better engine power.

I remember the Emil 1 being quite derpy but still pretty effective with that turret armour and clip potential.

If they fixed tier 8 MM I think it would be quite strong. 

I don't care if the Emil is mediocre, they're some of the more unique tanks in the game and that makes them interesting to play and far more interesting than the STA-2. I would consider the WZ-111 because it is a pref mm tank but I already have the 112.

I suspect that the less derpy gun and better intra-clip makes this version of the Emil better for my play style. But really, I'm not a huge fan of the Emils. I forced myself to finish the Emil II grind because I don't like unfinished lines, but I've got absolutely no plans to buy the Kran.

Tried one game over lunch break.

OH GOD I COULD MARRY FRONTLINES FOR MY TIER 8 STOCK GRINDS

Playing my stock T69 with the pewpew gun was probably the best part of that game.

Has anyone crunched the numbers how many games over 7 "episodes" do you need to play to get enough prestige points for Emil and that tier9? I think its 27 prestige points right? Getting from 1-30 takes 30 games assuming you finish as a major or a general? One game lasts around 15mins on average (?) so getting a prestige point takes 450minutes/7.5 hours. Gettings 27 points takes 202 hours over 7-10weeks. Yeah...how about no. This doesnt even include the first 1-30 before you can start earning prestige points. Am I missing something? Can you get from 1-30 faster than 30 games consistently or are games on average actually shorter than 15mins?

Only played 2 games on SEA so far but they are draggy. I think the pubbies bring their usual campy passive mindset into Frontlines too. The games were 25 mins and 30 mins, Attack and Defense respectively, both wins.

9 hours ago, Vesirott said:

Has anyone crunched the numbers how many games over 7 "episodes" do you need to play to get enough prestige points for Emil and that tier9? I think its 27 prestige points right? Getting from 1-30 takes 30 games assuming you finish as a major or a general? One game lasts around 15mins on average (?) so getting a prestige point takes 450minutes/7.5 hours. Gettings 27 points takes 202 hours over 7-10weeks. Yeah...how about no. This doesnt even include the first 1-30 before you can start earning prestige points. Am I missing something? Can you get from 1-30 faster than 30 games consistently or are games on average actually shorter than 15mins?

The only reference I can find regarding getting to Level 30 (unconfirmed) once is as follows:

Averaging "Lieutenant" (350 FL Experience Awarded) its 27 matches to Level 30

Averaging "Captain" (600 FL Experience Awarded) its 16 matches to Level 30

Averaging "General" (1200 FL Experience Awarded) its 11 matches to Level 30

This puts the Level 30 level around 10000 FL Experience.

Based on those assumptions and a 20 minute average match length: playing at a "Captain Level" it should take 6 hours/30 levels... farming "generals" it would take half that time.

From recent forum reports these are way too conservative... will do more detective work tonight...

Using above numbers worst case scenario:

27 prestige levels: 162h 

Minimum 7 episodes x first 30 level grind: 2.3h

Minimum 7 episodes (for 27 prestige points): 49 days

Average grind time per day every episode: 164,2/49=3.35hr per day

Does this align with other randoms marathons for tier8s? Seems tad bit excessive. FL does have other benefits and fuckton of rewards, but playing 3.4hours per day on the same map the same game mode sounds depressing. Anyone going full retard and aiming for 27?

Edit: Source data is way off, cant be arsed to calculate. Good luck to grinders :)

This mode got me to play this game again for the first time in like... 3 or 4 months. Its extremely fun, but it does a terrific job highlighting just how fucking soft-brained WG went when they decided to put the Defender in the game. The match I was in was absolutely flooded with those.

16 hours ago, Vesirott said:

If this info from the Russian server is correct, you will take even longer. Unlike last time (~19. 000) you need now ~30.000 points to get to lvl 30. 

Which is quite an increase if you'd ask me. I expect you need around 40 rounds to get to 30 now. Which makes your calculation even worse :(

https://m.vk.com/photo-70226354_456337106?list=album-70226354_00&rev=1&from=profile&z=photo-70226354_456337106%2Falbum-70226354_00%2Frev

Rewards are not worth it at all, only upside of frontline is the creditgrind. Yesterday I played 1 hour for 1,2 million credits which is nice. I will probably play 1,5 each day which can be ~10 million for the session except weekends.

Smart move, because when they activate frontline I don't have to play random while I'll get some plus credits too (Last season I got 30+ million if I remember right).

Discovering LOL was a mistake on the other hand, I barely play this game since.. :minidoge:

So for a typical player over 1200 games over the course of 70 days... literally breaks down to over 4 hours of play every day Frontline is up. Even if you hit Major every game that's over 3 hours a day every day. Is there some kind of cultural thing I'm missing? Do Russians just huff paint and play video games all day or something?

2 minutes ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

So for a typical player over 1200 games over the course of 70 days... literally breaks down to over 4 hours of play every day Frontline is up. Even if you hit Major every game that's over 3 hours a day every day. Is there some kind of cultural thing I'm missing? Do Russians just huff paint and play video games all day or something?

I am not russian, but I have lived along them all my life. Its really simple - time has basically no value as a general rule. It is "free". This produced some hilarious results when I did numbers for my friend during T 44 100 grind: he could have done a couple of days worth of overtime, bought the tokens and spent rest of this time doing whatever but he insisted wasting his time grinding, because "then I dont have to pay".

1 hour ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

As a Pole ppl in Eastern Europe spend more time in front of computers because the population density is smaller and then there is this thing called location discrimination where all the good things happen in big cities and small cities are boring as shit. So lots of people living in places with nothing to do and all of them have good internet access. 

3 hours ago, 8_Hussars said:

3k3JQns.png

if Major is 100% at 900 FL  then General should be 1800 at 200%

Perhaps captain is 100%, Major 150% Gen stays 200%? Doesn't look like its in your maths but you never know.

You forgot to calculate Hours spent making this spreadsheet + playing FL :D

also your current Battle Count is 55556. off by 1 damn it... lol