Ham_

Frontline, Ranked and with Reward Tanks

29 minutes ago, Wanderjar said:

if Major is 100% at 900 FL  then General should be 1800 at 200%

Perhaps captain is 100%, Major 150% Gen stays 200%? Doesn't look like its in your maths but you never know.

You forgot to calculate Hours spent making this spreadsheet + playing FL :D

also your current Battle Count is 55556. off by 1 damn it... lol 

@WanderjarThe XP bonuses and FL XP awards are straight from the WGNA article and do not relate to each other just the FL Rank... (so no guarantees)

It looks like 30 levels to Prestige; went up about 10K FL XP points...

lol, did not notice battle count.  That last battle was for the Avenger Day 6 mission, only pub I played yesterday.  Only did 6 Frontline battles with modest success.  (6-0 with 1xLT, 3xCP, 1xM, 1xG)

20 hours ago, kariverson said:

Do we know if getting from prestige 1 to 2 for example is the same amount of games as going from 6 to 7? Considering you average the same rank.

Each Prestige Level (30 FL Tiers) is 30500 FL Experience Points...

The irony is I think it's possible Frontline will finally kill the game. After playing it for a week straight I can't go back to regular tanks because I can't believe I've put up with this 3 tier spread bullshit after playing without it.

@Jesse_the_Scout but a heap of people don’t like/are already bored of the mode. This seems to include every streamer (incl. Circon, Foch, Skill, Daki) that I watched playing it.

It was developed as a way to give people a break from 3-5-7. Once the new MM hits globally there’s no real reason for it to exist.

While being bottom tier in +2 MM sux, I was really surprised by how tedious constant single tier gameplay is. Respawning and 59 vs 1 doesn’t help, either,  as it removes any sense of consequence for action.

There is more to it than +0MM. Huge map, lack of corridors (mostly) and respawning is a pretty big reason to like Frontlines. It's not perfect, far from it in fact, but I share the feeling Jesse mentioned. The streamers don't like it because they can't grind marks in Frontlines... (I kid. Mostly.)

I am part of the camp that feels that Frontlines is not particularly fun for long periods of time. It is fun for a couple of battles a day. 

I don't find it so interesting becuase I feel it gets a bit monotonous as you play the same map, from the same positions, against the same (premium) tanks. You don't have much "room" to influence the battle, and the lovely arty and airstrike consumables are a bit of a pain in the behind to deal with. It is not a bad mode, dont get me wrong. If they added a second or even third map, and allowed different tiers to play, then it would be great (and removed/nerfed the arty and air strike consumables).

I like randoms because of the increased variety of maps, tanks/team compositions and me having more tanks to choose from to play with.

Well, I managed 3 games before massively overloaded flanks and wheeled tanks yoloing all over the fucking map got me to the uninstall level of disgusted. Even this mode is now unreasonably frustrating. I think it's time to make it official: time of death March 11, 2019. At least for me, YMMV.

On 3/13/2019 at 5:39 AM, Tman450 said:

Just like pretty much everything in WOT, FL is a lot more fun with a couple of platoonmates. and if you're grinding some tier 8's.

This. I use Frontline as a way to grind my tier 8's without worrying too much. It is quite fun to have a big open map to drive my Lynx around in.

Damn frontline got boring fast. Now that people learned how to play if you have moron teammates there is basically no chance you will cap. Also same map, same meta. It's easy to farm generals but why do it?

Meh, I find that people are usually quicker than before to respond to fastcap attempts on A and B but other than that I see no difference. It's mostly just platoons of three wheelies with max engineering that can fastcap now. Mostly. When attacking we usually don't have problems capping. Sometimes I have to lead by example and start the cap, and then the others will pile hungrily in. C is always a problem, of course.

I have, sadly, been able to confirm that playing arty, at least in the opening stages, is easy points. Since I need a German arty for missions I have progressed to the tier 8 cancer. I've started loading into Frontlines with arty, and then abandoning it when I'm either out of targets or out of ammo and switching to a proper tank. It is just so easy to farm points while staying safe and accumulating extra respawns. If I'm on defense I set up with shots on two caps and then shoot cappers. I thought it would be harder to rank up on attack, but shooting the heavies and meds that try to reset your cappers gets you huge amount of XP since everyone will nuke them once you've stunned them, netting you easy xp. 

If Wargaming had any brains (and we know they don't) they'd take away all the arty consumables (or give them 1 max) and reduce the ranking progress for decapping if you don't spot for yourself. Or just for arty, because fuck arty.

The good news is that I'm grinding that clicker much faster in Frontlines than in randoms so I have to play far less with it than would normally be the case. 

On 3/14/2019 at 10:08 AM, hazzgar said:

Damn frontline got boring fast. Now that people learned how to play if you have moron teammates there is basically no chance you will cap. Also same map, same meta. It's easy to farm generals but why do it?

I find it quite the opposite. B is almost undefendable if the attacking team know how to attack. Similar with A. D is also a piece of cake to cap. 

But imho all the new wheeled vehicles aren't good for this game mode. Some here and there like it was last season was OK but now with 10 or more each side it became a mess. And they are annoying as fuck.^^

Another thing is the people found out how to destroy the objectives, without even getting close to it as long you are using a TD and/or Gold. With this you can't defend 3 at all. 1 also can be destroyed ~300m away from the target from two different directions. With 2 you need a bit more map control around 1 but then it is also very easy to destroy without even getting close. 

20 hours ago, hall0 said:

I find it quite the opposite. B is almost undefendable if the attacking team know how to attack. Similar with A. D is also a piece of cake to cap. 

But imho all the new wheeled vehicles aren't good for this game mode. Some here and there like it was last season was OK but now with 10 or more each side it became a mess. And they are annoying as fuck.^^

Another thing is the people found out how to destroy the objectives, without even getting close to it as long you are using a TD and/or Gold. With this you can't defend 3 at all. 1 also can be destroyed ~300m away from the target from two different directions. With 2 you need a bit more map control around 1 but then it is also very easy to destroy without even getting close. 

But killing objectives gives you very little. Though yeah with a semi competent team you always win attack but i had some teams that couldn't even get out of a.