Kymrel

Czech tier 8 premium - What the TVP should have been

Apparently they're testing a tier 8 autoloading TVP premium tank.

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2019/01/26/supertest-tvp-t-27/#more-68675

Looks decent enough but I'm not sure what it has over over the Progetto. Slightly faster reload but less flexibility I suppose. Worse dispersion and pen as well.

Might even be... Balanced (because not Rusky)? Or is that hoping to much?

title explains the tank in its entirety 

its what should have been in the tech tree instead of the shit show currently sitting at tier 8.

but we all know that WG has a tenancy to make the better option the premium for maximum money grab potential. 

Less pen and accuracy than the Progetto, plus a standard auto-loader so less flexible, slower, less gun depression and probably bigger as well so easier to hit. 

Slightly faster clip speed seems to be all it has. 

Well, what little excitement I had for this tank, mostly for Frontline duty, has all but vanished. It's been pre-nerfed for your (in)convenience. Because it clearly isn't Soviet.

Comparing it to the Prosciutto is just sad. It has worse pen, worse gun handling and lacks the auto-reloading flexibility. What it has is better power to weight, probably negated by terrain resistances, and a little higher shell velocity, as well as 1.8 intra-clip rather than the 2 on the Spagetto.

A tier 8 paper medium with a 720 clip, 202 pen and a 23 second reload? That sounds pretty bad. The Lorr can at least sort of clip people with a 1200 damage clip...

Interesting. A new story about this tank going on sale was up on the EU site this morning, but has since disappeared. I was interested in the price but the link led to nowhere. Strange.

3 hours ago, Kymrel said:

Interesting. A new story about this tank going on sale was up on the EU site this morning, but has since disappeared. I was interested in the price but the link led to nowhere. Strange.

tbh im not even sure i care anymore, the tank looked genuinely interesting/good up until the nerfs.

now its basically a niche tank, its not bad per say i guess. but overall its just underwhelming compared to a Lorr or a progetto 

1 hour ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

tbh im not even sure i care anymore, the tank looked genuinely interesting/good up until the nerfs.

now its basically a niche tank, its not bad per say i guess. but overall its just underwhelming compared to a Lorr or a progetto 

Yeah. I agree with pretty much all of that. Either nerf the Spahetto a little (won't happen) or buff this one a little. Not much, doesn't need to be OP...

lol I bought this thing because it ISNT bullshit overpowered. I will say that the 1.8 second intraclip reload is pretty nice. Only takes 4 seconds to dump its entire mag on something; faster than a lot of tanks will realize what is happening and then retreat.

other than that; yeah I can see why the Lorraine or progetto would be considered better, even though I don’t own those anyway

5 hours ago, woe2you said:

There's a mission marathon in game where one option is using it.

The reward for using the premium are the girl crew members at the higher days of the marathon starting at day 7.

See https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/czech-holidays/

On 8/7/2019 at 8:27 AM, Ezz said:

They're rock and a hard place now. Either OP or meh is pretty much how everything will be balanced.

Thing is, it has very low DPM.  It does not matter if the thing has a clip, because still it is very low DPM. 

Lorraine has very low DPM,  but hits for over twelve-hundred continuous damage, as well as having nearly tier 9 gun performance. And good alpha parameter for tier 8 med, so we can excuse the DPM. But Czech T-27 has 25% less alpha, and nearly half the burst volume, on a gun most assuredly not tier 9 performance, maybe not even tier 8 performance. 

Progetto has very long climbing inter-shot timer because of the auto-reloading nature, but still can retain the flexibility of not being helpless in clipouts. In addition, progetto can also mount a gun rammer, which lowers those times dramatically, vs T-27 which cannot.

The flip side? Well Skoda has some front armour that can bounce some tier 6, and it has enough to block most HE attacks. Lorraine and progetto have less. Mobility I would say is fine, its better HP/T is offset by others having more top speed and better terrain crossing stats. I just think they made it fire too slowly. It has the DPM of a Bat Chat 12T, it is very low. No outstanding characteristics, of say something like lorraine, which also has low DPM but can otherwise standout with striking parameters for its class by tier.  Compared to auto loading tanks like T69  (which is bad)  and AMX-Hundo.....you can clearly see T-27 just has bad DPM and even less burst potential.  I think Skoda can use a fire rate buff, to at least 7shots/min. Is this thing better than VTU? By miles. That isn't even something to think over.

I also think T-27 should have been the tech tree vehicle, and VTU the prem like tier 6 Skoda. 53TP should have been the prem, and prototyp the tech tree vehicle. M4  49 should have the tech tree spot,  AMX65T should be the prem. Steyr should have been made the new tech tree vehicle tier Vll, and Sturer been made a prem tank like dickermax. LT432 should be the tech tree tank, and LTTB the prem.   The only exception I would have to disagree with is progetto,  yes the progetto certainly mimics the standard B and progetto  a whole deal more than  pantera,  but......pantera does in fact resemble the P43 and P43 ter a whole lot more than progetto

^^^ exactly. Release broken prems and anything after that will be compared to them. You either keep breaking your game and worsening the issues of p2w fueled power creep or people have a whinge. The fact it is still likely better than the majority of tier 8 meds seems to be lost on people.