nemlengyel

Where to place my next girl crew?

12 posts in this topic

So I'm close to getting another girl crew and I'm a bit unsure which tank line to put them into. I was thinking of the following:

• RU med line (T-34 -> ... -> Obj. 140)—I'm inclined towards this one due to the universally acclaimed versatility of this line, I should really pick up myself some Russian hovermeds.
  • German armored TD line—I heard that JgPzIV is great for TD missions, Ferdinand and JT have become pretty good since that HP buff a while ago and JgPzE100 should be quite funny.
  • IS-3 heavy line
  • US turreted TD line

Help me choose, please, and feel free to suggest any other line not listed here! So far I've got myself Swedish TDs (up to tier 8), US meds (up to tier 9) and US heavies (up to tier 10).

take the russian line but put them in a 430U ;-) Thousands of, stapadders, unicorns and clanies cant lie

3 hours ago, nemlengyel said:

So I'm close to getting another girl crew and I'm a bit unsure which tank line to put them into. I was thinking of the following:

• RU med line (T-34 -> ... -> Obj. 140)—I'm inclined towards this one due to the universally acclaimed versatility of this line, I should really pick up myself some Russian hovermeds.
  • German armored TD line—I heard that JgPzIV is great for TD missions, Ferdinand and JT have become pretty good since that HP buff a while ago and JgPzE100 should be quite funny.
  • IS-3 heavy line
  • US turreted TD line

Help me choose, please, and feel free to suggest any other line not listed here! So far I've got myself Swedish TDs (up to tier 8), US meds (up to tier 9) and US heavies (up to tier 10).

I may be an outlier here, but I only use female crew members as Commanders. Unless they have changed it again, SOS and BIA now work together (so you get the perk with a mixed crew). If I'm starting a new line, I basically start with a fully trained 2 skill commander with 6th as the fully trained 2nd skill. I can deal with a potato crew at low tiers, but I struggle without 6th. By the time you get to the business end the tech trees the rest of the crew are pretty solid skill wise. :-)

As @zbran noted above, since they made SOS and BIA work together, girls should basically only be commanders, as you can get 6th straight away and have the free BIA/SOS skill available as well. If you grind whole lines and move the crew, you'll have a solid team by the time you reach tier 10.

As for suggestions:

Russian meds are indeed good, although I recommend going Obj 430 --> 430U instead of T-54 --> Obj 140. For me personally, the 430 is vastly superior to the T-54 as the latter had a significant nerf to the gun handling of the DPM gun which I found extremely frustrating. But the whole line is pretty good from tier 5 upwards.

The IS7 line now probably peaks at the IS3, which if you don't have one is worth having. The T-10 used to be the highlight of the line but it's not there anymore. I haven't bought the IS7 yet so not really sure what it's like in this day and age.

I'm thinking about the German armoured TD line (the waffle line is tough to use in the current meta and I hated the Grille-15) myself, not played any US TD lines.

Generally, use the girls as commanders in lines/nations where there are several good tanks that you will enjoy playing, or where you intend to grind a whole line.

I tend to favor putting such crew members in branches that don't have good premium trainers, especially if there aren't even any low tier tanks to use as quasi-trainers. For example, French lights have no premiums or good low tier tanks (unless you're willing to blow $25 on a 13 57) so that's a strong choice. For American TDs you can easily use the T67 and several other really strong TDs as crew trainers.

14 hours ago, Balthazars said:

As @zbran

Russian meds are indeed good, although I recommend going Obj 430 --> 430U instead of T-54 --> Obj 140. For me personally, the 430 is vastly superior to the T-54 as the latter had a significant nerf to the gun handling of the DPM gun which I found extremely frustrating. But the whole line is pretty good from tier 5 upwards.

Thanks! I was thinking of 430 too, but I heard that after the recent nerd it went from awesome to 'meh'. I guess it wasn't so hard hit then?

Imho using female crews on any armored tanks is pointless. The main benefit of girls is not the free skill but BIA not counting as a skill so you get more skills for less. So use it for light lines or soft med lines. 

Also obj140 is slightly out of meta imho

18 hours ago, nemlengyel said:

Thanks! I was thinking of 430 too, but I heard that after the recent nerd it went from awesome to 'meh'. I guess it wasn't so hard hit then?

There wasn't even a nerf at all. 

19 hours ago, nemlengyel said:

I'm pretty sure neither the 430 or the 430U have been nerfed since they changed it/introduced the mini-branch.

The 430 is one of those strange tanks where on paper the gun should be terrible. Bad accuracy, -5 gun depression, poor gold round. But while the gun does troll you on occasion, it snaps shots that it has absolutely no business doing. It's Russian hover-med mobility on a low platform (good camo and useful for going hull-down) with a strong turret, hull armour that is perfectly capable of trolling opponents with some wiggle, and a very good standard round (so it makes good bank for a tier 9 with a premium account). I performed so much better in the 430 compared to the T-54 I couldn't understand why the latter was viewed so highly, especially after they nerfed the DPM gun on the latter.

7 hours ago, Balthazars said:

I'm pretty sure neither the 430 or the 430U have been nerfed since they changed it/introduced the mini-branch.

The 430 is one of those strange tanks where on paper the gun should be terrible. Bad accuracy, -5 gun depression, poor gold round. But while the gun does troll you on occasion, it snaps shots that it has absolutely no business doing. It's Russian hover-med mobility on a low platform (good camo and useful for going hull-down) with a strong turret, hull armour that is perfectly capable of trolling opponents with some wiggle, and a very good standard round (so it makes good bank for a tier 9 with a premium account). I performed so much better in the 430 compared to the T-54 I couldn't understand why the latter was viewed so highly, especially after they nerfed the DPM gun on the latter.

t54 has higher skill celling if you try hard but for casual play without food + full gold obj430 is way better.