Sign in to follow this  
Wanderjar

Feb Scavenger Code tracking

Because we all need a place to trace WG's code bullshit Marketing strategy other than Status updates and this seems a logical place for this.
Dump codes here as you find them or find out about them.

There are 2 Separate hunts going on right now and they overlap. yay WG...
Feb Info:

Rewards

Each code will give a token for the same Boosters as previous months

3x +50% Credits 1hr

3x + 100% Crew XP 1hr

3x +50% XP 1hr

(can be earned up to 28 times for a total of something like 250+ boosters total) in addition to the following reward structure:

5 Codes: 3x small repair, 3x small med kit, 3x manual fire

11 codes: 3x large repair, 3x large medkit, 3x auto fire

18 codes: 1x Garage Slot

27 Codes: 10K XP applied to the vehicle used to play the battle

28 Codes: 50K 30K  XP applied to the vehicle used to play the battle + 5x each food consumable

The trigger will be the same: a hidden mission starting on March 1st, player needs to complete a battle in the top 10 XP earners to receive rewards. The vehicle used to complete the battle will earn the additional XP if the player collects 27 and 28 codes for those rewards.

Its a hidden mission on March 1!
NOT ANY MORE DAMN IT! ITS A MASSIVE SYSTEM OF FOLDER TOKENS AND MISSIONS TO COMPLETE!
CHANGE TO THE PAYOUT AND MISSION STRUCTURE FOR THE FEB SCAVENGER HUNT  but now we get 2 codes for any days of the month you missed, not just specifically for the 2 that screwed up and got posted late.
TCDSedK.png

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

TO NO ONES SURPRISE THE MISSIONS DIDNT TAKE. DOMO IS LOOKING INTO THE CAUSE AND GETTING THEM RUNNING

All Feb Codes have a 2 day (48 hr until 0000 CST ) looks like 48 36 24!!!  hours or less, expiration time (until 2359 the following evening).
Make sure you note the date it was given and the expiration time if you know it please. One set is for January and one is for Feb. The Feb chain codes are randomish and are from CCs only. The JAN codes are for missions that trigger the 6th, the Feb Codes trigger on March 1.

Stolen from @NightmareMk9  because he's smarter than I am and Sexier too

Other sources:
https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/am3qsz/na_scavenger_hunt_info_and_codes_for_january_and/?utm_source=reddit-android
https://wotguru.com/world-of-tanks-community-contributors/
https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/scavenger-hunt-0219/ <---- the only official hint of this from WG in the Feb Tab
https://wotguru.com/world-of-tanks-na-february-scavenger-hunt/

ALL JAN CODES ARE NOW INVALID, WG STILL TRYING TO GET ITS SHIT TOGETHER TO NO ONES SURPRISE

Jan Booster Code #1 CC name + NY19 (can use all codes, but they only unlock the CC mission)
4TANKNY19
MENZNY19
GUIDONY19
TRUNY19
TAUGRIMNY19

Jan Booster Code #2  on  WoT NA Website  (Hat Tip to Moridin)
BIGWHEELS

Jan Booster Code #3  on  WoT NA Facebook Page
WOTSOCIALNY19

Jan Booster Code #4  on  WoT Weekly / YouTube
THEDUCKISBEST

FEB CODES

Feb 1st code:
You have until Feb. 3 at 00:00 CT to enter it
From XanderPTV
FPJY5AFX 

Fed 2nd Scavenger Hunt code.
7TMUYWCY

Feb 3 Code:
9NX7JP2F
from Cody_Menz

Feb 4 Code: 
NSUEKS4P
from FORTEC_TAQUITO_7u7

Feb 5 Code:
CAZ7T933
from xanderptv 

Feb 6:

74HHCNS5
from Jerm_NA on Twitch

Feb 7 code
A2KP4FCV
from 
from sir8j

Feb 8 Code
YNMHXN9V
From Cody Menz again of WotGuru

Feb 9:
KMAPJME7
from OminousFyxen

Feb 10:
XTVK9PPX
From Guido1212

Feb 11: 
TWNKUACN
from TRU_Voodoo

Feb 12:
PSWFWP77
from SuperNova 

Feb 13
95XAHECX
from Cody_Menz again

Feb 14 Code:
F522E37J
from 4Tankers. Updated late because of wargaming. Make sure you get it quick

According to WG:
Feb 3 and Feb 14 codes will be credited as freebies to all people participating in the Scavenger Hunt. So if you missed one or both of those, you should still be good.

Feb 15: 
VPHW5J2V
from mountain_man

Just to make things more confusing:

THEDUCKISBEST is still a code. they explicitly mentioned it in WOT weekly 103 HERE  because lets make things more confusing with the same code for Jan AND Feb. Confirmed the code works. What does it do? no clue. bonus code?

Feb 16:
WVAWFHHM
from Sofilein 

Feb 17:

3YMVF7N5
from argsarge 

Feb 18:
AVCC3JJU
From Guido1212 again

Feb 19: 
ECFMVJSA
from Claus Kellerman

Feb 20:
WHVSTUJU
From Cody Menz Up early too which is nice

Feb 21:
FMM5XWXT
From Jerm_NA on his twitch

Feb 22:
F4HW729K
from Trobsmonkey 

Feb 23:
M23X5FR5
From Flash Tombs (on his Facebook apparently)

Feb 24:
ESZSWMFY
From Cody Menz 

Feb 25:
MS57TRFMS57TRFT
from Guido1212  yes this is the correct code. there was an issue with the creation and it looks wonky but it works. Confirmed it

Feb 26:
S2NUWPMV
Klaus Kellerman again

From Errants:
TANKSHOT
works but unsure what it gives. IIRC it was also a code from around NY? or thanksgiving? Will update if i find out

Feb 27: 
TK5MW37S
from TRU Voodoo

Feb 28
HZHKFE9Z
From Claus Kellerman again

CHANGE TO THE PAYOUT AND MISSION STRUCTURE FOR THE FEB SCAVENGER HUNT  but now we get 2 codes for any days of the month you missed, not just specifically for the 2 that screwed up and got posted late.
Payout IS 10k and 30k for the max payout not 10k and 50k as originally stated.  now its you play lots and lots of missions (come in top 10 by exp)

in short: 
TCDSedK.png

rrreeeeeeeeeeee having fun yet?

Edited by Wanderjar
updates/More info

Feb 3 Code:
9NX7JP2F
from Cody_Menz 
You have until Feb. 6 at 00:00 CT to enter it

Feb 4 Code: 
NSUEKS4P
from FORTEC_TAQUITO_7u7 
You have until Feb. 6 at 00:00 CT to enter it (yes that's the same time, no its not a typo)

Whatever 48 hrs is from 1400 on feb 4th...  I work nights so my timing is off.

4 Tankers does a good job explaining the event.

BUT I can almost guarantee that WG is going to fuck it up some more.  Seeing how they already fucked up Day 3

ALSO:

Day 2 times were listed on the CC's YouTube Channel as:

Use my special code for some free stuff: 7TMUYWCY

Enter on the WOT website in the premium shop to receive.

Code is only valid for a 48 hour period from the time of the video release. Feb 2: 8am PST to Feb 4: 8am PST

So enter the codes ASAP, don't EVER expect a full 48 hours from the time the code is posted.

yeah i think it might only be 36 hours. from the time posted to the next calendar day at midnight

#JustWGThings

5 minutes ago, NightmareMk9 said:

BUT I can almost guarantee that WG is going to fuck it up some more.  Seeing how they already fucked up Day 3
So enter the codes ASAP, don't EVER expect a full 48 hours from the time the code is posted.

Given what Cody Menz said about the past weekend I'm sure there's going to be more and more fuckups. Like even Fortec Taquito gave 2 different CC Names for tomorrow.

its supposed to be a secret mission that pops march 1 and you get it on the 2nd battle in a tank (so the 2x doesnt stack) at least thats what im reading this as. How WG makes this work............. well.

I missed the window for the Feb 1 code but got the rest so far. might make it to 27 assuming WG doesnt screw this any harder

I have entered ever single one of the daily ones and site said they were invalid. 

I tried entering them yesterday at 8PM or something like that... It was before 00:00Ct

Yeah WG looks like they are only allowing 24-36 hours to enter the codes not the 48 they stated. In the case of the fuckup yesterday i think its even less. you arent the first person to say so for sure

Feb 5: CAZ7T933 from XanderPTV on YouTube and Twitch

This event is a SUPER slow motion 28 day train wreck

DomoSapien#26Posted Yesterday, 05:41 PM

Community Coordinator

• photo-thumb-1003732466-5c05c021.png?_r=1
  • Administrator
  • 14038 battles 
  • 714 message_img.png
  • [WGA] WGA
Hey folks! 

Quick update regarding the Day 3 Scavenger Hunt Code that Cody had to drop on Day 4 due to technical issues with the code. 

Long story short, the code drop got pushed back one day but the activity window wasn't adjusted, so the code was active for 24 hours instead of 48.

So what does this mean for you? Well, our goof is your gain. If you participate in this month's Scavenger Hunt, and you are missing the Day 3 Code, the token for this code will be credited to your account automatically on our backend. 

I'm surprised! and by that I mean I'm actually not surprised in the least. 

Even though the CCs can see the list of who has what days, they still manage to pass on bad info >.< because why should WG have all the fun

More F-ups!!!!   Are you surprised???

DomoSapien#54Posted Yesterday, 10:46 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14052 battles 
  • 721 message_img.png
  • [WGA] WGA

UPDATE: We've identified the issue and we have contacted the Serverside Engineer team for a fix. 

The projected start time is 8:00AM CT, February 7th

Assuming the technical issue is more complex than anticipated, we're also looking into the possibility of simply serving your rewards via a data pull on our back end.

View PostQualm, on Feb 06 2019 - 12:55, said:

New, and frankly annoyingly dumb.  So much easier to just make it free XP.  So much better for everyone.

Why does WG, or maybe just WG_NA, make these missions so convoluted?  Do you get paid by the wrinkle?  Figure it out, the accumulated nonsense and failures are reaching critical state...

It easier to make it free XP, long story short the missions were supposed to work the same way as December but the plan didn't get approved and we had to figure out a workaround at the last minute. Hoping we will get some kind of Tankrewards functionality soon so that tracking your tokens and receiving your rewards is a lot simpler. 

As for your rewards, not to worry. We'll make sure you have a chance to get them one way or another.

I've already gotten a ton of extremely useful feedback about the event so far from all of you amazing folks and future iterations are going to be a lot better :)
 Your patience, feedback, and even your roasts about my crappy event design and confusing instructions are very much appreciated. They are not falling on deaf ears. 

Edited by DomoSapien, Yesterday, 10:53 PM.

Amazingly WG shit the bed on this one. (again)

The Codes are good for 48hrs AFTER THEY GENERATE THEM, NOT AFTER THEY ARE GIVEN OUT.
so since they generate the codes the day before or automated and emailed to the CC for that day, it means they already have 12-18 hrs on the timers when we get them and thus slightly more than 24 hours to enter them after they are given out. yay logistics....

Oh for fuck SAKE!!!!!  Now Feb 6 = Feb 8 and I bet my left nut they "Can't" Extend the Event

DomoSapien#72Posted Yesterday, 06:03 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14053 battles 
  • 727 message_img.png
  • [WGA] WGA

So I have some bad news, some good news, and some more kind of bad news.

Bad news is that the issue is more complex than anticipated.

Good news is that the engineers are hard at work on a fix, and we've been given confirmation that the missions will be fixed and go live on Friday, February 8th, 06:00 PT | 08:00 CT | 09:00 ET

Sort of bad news is that it might not be possible to get the end time adjusted, so the Missions are likely to run until their original end date of 00:00 CT on Monday February 11th. We're going to do our best to push it back and extend it, but plan accordingly.

I know it's been a bumpy road, and I apologize for the additional delay; we made the decision to have them start tomorrow at 8AM since we are already past the projected start time of 8AM today and we don't want to catch anyone by surprise and make them miss out on the 30K XP Reward.

Just looked at the missions online... if I didn't know better I'd say you get X3 of 3 different boosters per game up to 999 times. Can't be right, can it? I mean, WG doesn't make goofy mistakes, right? Gotta test it I guess.

EDIT: Dang, it appears to work correctly. Can't tell because it has the always helpful new "invisible requirement" feature WG introduced with the new missions menu.

Today I completed a secret mission for the contributors scavenger hunt code. I suspect it was a January one but at this point I don't know. It did give me a bunch of boosters and some consumables. 

Feb 8 code YNMHXN9V

@NightmareMk9 @Jesse_the_Scout

On 2/8/2019 at 12:58 PM, Jesse_the_Scout said:

Just looked at the missions online... if I didn't know better I'd say you get X3 of 3 different boosters per game up to 999 times. Can't be right, can it? I mean, WG doesn't make goofy mistakes, right? Gotta test it I guess.

EDIT: Dang, it appears to work correctly. Can't tell because it has the always helpful new "invisible requirement" feature WG introduced with the new missions menu.

actually I think that's right Jesse. I have 2 different sets running right now and they BOTH have the 999 counter until Feb 16 at 5am CST. Both Mission requirements are the same: Be in the top 10 by raw exp earned. One gives the "SHELL" token and the other gives the "ROLLER" token, so I think there may be other secret requirements but its not by class/type because I double completed once in the Spagetto while doing the Avenger missions. Or WG just gave up on it all because of teh engineering SNAFU and just rolled with it by way of apology.   

Take advantage of it :D

Domo Confirmed it is January missions, and its not unlimited, just 4-6 times

View PostDomoSapien, on Feb 08 2019 - 10:56, said:

I'm receiving multiple reports that it's functioning now but some weird stuff is going on with the tokens.If the 30K XP went on the wrong vehicle because your tokens got messed up for whatever reason, please submit a ticket and PM me your ticket ID.

After all this insanity I'm going to be double and triple checking everything involved personally to ensure it all works as intended next month. If there isn't a way to get the missions functioning properly we'll just pay the rewards out via a mass invoice based on the number of codes each player redeemed.

By the way, on a somewhat related note, I probably should have mentioned this sooner but if you have any questions as to which or how many February Codes you got credit for so far, Customer Support can definitely look that up for you and let you know. Not ideal, I know, but it is a potential solution just in case.

Have to be in top 10 for 5 battles, gives 30k exp on 5th battle
 Also:

View PostDomoSapien, on Feb 08 2019 - 13:08, said:

so the 999 completions are sort of a UI glitch, you can only complete the mission as many times as you redeemed codes. It was actually only supposed to be eligible for completion 4 times but a biproduct appears to be that players who redeemed multiple CC codes can complete it more than 4 times.

We could try fix it so that it can only be completed 4 times but... honestly I think with all the confusion and breakage, y'all deserve the extra boosters.

Edited by Wanderjar
Added WG confirmation

I quit receiving personal reserves after I got the 30k xp. 

Are you guys still getting the personal reserves for top 10?

Also a friend entered all 4 Jan codes and has no 30k Missions. He submitted a ticket. I’ll let you know if WG responds before the Shit Show of an Event ends.