I don't have one of these, but I've bounced a hell of a lot of shots off of one this weekend.  Yet another tank with an IS-7 turret AND -10 deg of gun depression.  Gun is on par with 110E5 handling and DPM with great base pen of 270.  Also has russian spaced armor sides and good mobility.  Tanks.gg also shows that most of the LFP is not a hitbox?

I assume this is the new CW reward tank, it seems very good and so far the ones I've seen have pretty much facerolled pubbies in blue+ hands.

I was watching ANIALLATOR stream this (he looked like he was trying to 3-mark it) and he was shitting on pubbies so hard. 10.5k dmg on Mines. Insane.

It's definitely a very strong tank.

better than a IS-7 turret btw, JPE HEAT and American 375 APCR cannot reliably pen it (when hull-down, and even more so when using gun-depression) like an IS-7 turret.

the upper plate is around 280-290 effective on flat terrain, and becomes an auto-bounce for all AP and APCR rounds in the game when using about 5-6 degrees of gun depression  (tanks.gg model is incorrect) correct model here->> https://wotinspector.com/en/webapp?targetVehicleId=,,,&mode=xray.textures&platform=pc

another interesting tid bit about the upper plate: its fake. the T95/Cheiftian never had any plans for a 127mm upper plate, it was meant to use the T95 hull.

so by that definition the upper plate and side armor should be no stronger than the T95E6's hull, But WG decided to pull a WG at the last second.

its basically a tier 12 MBT

(play with sound for maximum memes)

tbh the vehicle doesn't belong, and the normal T95/Cheiftian or even the Mk.6 would have been a far more balanced option by comparison. and its only highlighted more by the fact that its a CW tank because (for the most part) they are being played by skilled players who only emphasize the tanks  bullshittery  balance even more. 

i honestly dont like it, tank is broken beyond belief dont get me wrong but holy shit it fucking sucks to play, gun tradeoff is not worth the mobility/armour of it to make it nicer than SConq in randoms, speaking of which was already a tier 12 tank, now there's two

It is definitely a hard- headed sob to fight from the front.I have generally resorted to harassing them with HE until someone gets around it.  Of course that leads to having HE up the spout at the moment he turns his turret around  and doing 200 damage...

Was playing one with a friend last night. We pressed RR and proceeded to role the flank of our choosing, since I got my view range up to 490+ (will probably break 500 at some point, without food). The only thing that stopped us was a type 4/5 or any derp tank. We would just go the other flank and out push them. It was disgusting

23 minutes ago, snowdude21325 said:

Was playing one with a friend last night. We pressed RR and proceeded to role the flank of our choosing, since I got my view range up to 490+ (will probably break 500 at some point, without food). The only thing that stopped us was a type 4/5 or any derp tank. We would just go the other flank and out push them. It was disgusting

Enjoyed you guys doing that on Fish Bay (south).  I think you pushed all three flanks: TD lane, then across the back, and then cleaned up the heavy lane...
(thanks for the carry btw)

8 hours ago, snowdude21325 said:

A visualization of this.

https://imgur.com/gTWq5ig

OP as fuck. There are weakspots on the turret but you still need like 350 pen. 

When it uses gun dep, you can literally just go fuck yourself.

21 minutes ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

When it uses gun dep, you can literally just go fuck yourself.

Is that what the kids are calling large caliber HE these days? 

6 hours ago, MacusFlash said:

A visualization of this.

https://imgur.com/gTWq5ig

Exactly 

4 hours ago, Tarski said:

Is that what the kids are calling large caliber HE these days? 

The only large caliber HE that is actually scary when you are hull down is arty. The raw thickness of the turret makes other shit not that and when working with another chieftain you can just perma track the idiot in the open and kill them before they do more than 500-600 damage

4 hours ago, snowdude21325 said:

The only large caliber HE that is actually scary when you are hull down is arty. The raw thickness of the turret makes other shit not that and when working with another chieftain you can just perma track the idiot in the open and kill them before they do more than 500-600 damage

:cri:

On 2/12/2019 at 6:39 AM, Tarski said:

:cri:

FVs and Types are scary, but you can poke them at 300m and snap pen them reliably. If you can do so in some bushes, they might have trouble spotting you. Had an FV4005 hit me for 600 getting into position. From their we just focused the poor bastard down and he didn't do any more damage to us before we killed him. Arty on the other hand, is THE counter to this tank. An M40/43 can reliably do 400 damage a shot. Tier 9s and 10s.....

2tlasi.jpg

6 hours ago, snowdude21325 said:

Arty on the other hand, is THE counter to this tank. An M40/43 can reliably do 400 damage a shot. Tier 9s and 10s.....

Maybe the next season of CW will have a reward SPG. 

Jesus since it's new people don't know how to counter it so every time I've seen it in the game it had monster results. 3 games with them and it has been 6.7, 7.4 and 8.8k dmg. Too bad all of them were on enemy teams

40 minutes ago, Fulcrous said:

HE the thing to death is what pubbies have been doing to me.

Guilty

It's good when Hull down but not super exceptional outside of that. No the turret isn't as good as the IS7's, because the chieftain has a hittable weak hatch that people occasionally snapshot.

The armor model on tanksGG is broken, the LFP is quite big and does have a hitbox. 

Don't get me wrong it's a great tank, I love it. But it's not a super OP monster, just very good. 

Oh another thing, the gun is mounted really low in the turret. Which is annoying because on some hills you have to expose a lot of your Hull to get shots.

2 hours ago, Tman450 said:

the turret isn't as good as the IS7's, because the chieftain has a hittable weak hatch that people occasionally snapshot.

:kappa:

The hatch is tiny ffs. 

On flat ground 340 heat is a 50/50 to pen the ufp. Using 3 degrees of gun depression the ufp hits around 395mm effective. Admittedly it not a great side scraper and quickly over angles ... against 330+ heat.

See a pattern emerging here?

What does a pixel tank have to be to qualify as OP in your opinion?

Edited by sohojacques
question added