Sign in to follow this  
Tarski

50TP prototyp thread

5 posts in this topic

xT3IkbT.jpg

The 50TP prototyp is the premium cousin to the tech tree 53TP Markowskiego (see the appreciation thread). It uses a slightly higher alpha gun (440 vs. 420), but with worse stats all around: about 130 less dpm, 0.02-0.05 worse bloom and accuracy stats (except the bloom after firing stat), and 0.29 seconds slower aim time. It keeps the same 8 degrees of gun depression and gets 10 degrees over the sides, which affects how you play the tank on slopes, but the turret is now located in the middle of the hull instead of the front, which makes the frontal depression less usable: 

uQqnuKH.jpg

Weirdly, it gets faster shells. If tanks.gg is to be believed, it gets 57 m/s faster AP, 109 m/s faster APCR, and 207 m/s faster HE — in fact, it gets the same shell velocity for its AP and HE shells. 

Its mobility is roughly on the same level as that of its tech tree cousin, with various stats going up and down, including higher horsepower/ton, a lower top speed, and faster spins. It gets a similar turret but with the weak spots shaved down considerably, and while it replaces the 53TP's rounded lower plate which ranges from ~180mm effective to autobounce with a large lower plate at ~170mm effective armor, it gets a couple serious boosts to its hull protection: the upper plate is similar to that of the Defender except with a driver's hatch weak spot with ~220mm protection, and the tracks are taller and wider and extend forward of the hitbox. This gives it better side protection and allows for some shot absorption when rounding corners or wiggling. But don't expect to be a great sidescraper, since the slope of the pike extends above the tracks and gives you a nice weak spot under the turret while sidescraping. Your armor is not quite reliable in almost any position. You will bounce some shots every game, but not as many as you want to. 

Oh, and it gets 10m more view range, 50 more hit points, and an AP shell that's 150 credits cheaper. 

Overall, it is a clumsier, better protected version of the 53TP. And while the firepower is worse — and the APCR round is still unimpressive — it still gets a comfier gun than the other tier 8 heavies with more than 400 average damage. The armor, while improved, is still riddled with weak spots, and I would rather have the friendlier gun stats of the 53TP. Still, it's a decent tank with great alpha and pretty good DPM, and I'm happy with it as my Polish premium. If you just want a strong tier 8 premium heavy, get one of the classics, but if you want something new or Polish, this certainly isn't a disappointment. Watch the 50TP "autocorrect will never believe there's no E" prototyp in action: 

Okay, for real though: 

Anyone else enjoying this tank? 

Thots:

• Easier to play than the 53TP which isn't even remotely hard to play by any stretch of the imagination.
  • Don't sidescrape, just peek at a slight angle against small guns with <200 pen and at a 30 degree ish angle against big guns and pray they don't hit your side hull. The protruding drivewheels make this easier than it sounds to pull off.
  • Gun depression is not an issue: upper hull is autobounce in most parts. Side gundep allows sneaky shots for big numbahs
  • Better hulldown tank than the 53TP tho can't play heavium role. Gets worse hit by arty.
  • Don't not run food

3 hours ago, lavawing said:

• Don't not run food

Played like 300ish games in total, and until I 3 marked it (100-150 battles) I ran food and had no issues with fires, the gun also benefits a lot from food imo

10 hours ago, yoyoya2 said:

Btw the 53TP gets a 420 dmg gun and not a 440dmg like the 50TP prototyp

Right you are. Fixed. 

7 hours ago, lavawing said:
  • Don't not run food

I tend to be stingy with food, but I might give it a try to see if I can recapture some more of that 53TP magic. 

Sign in to follow this