Kymrel

Frontline: Best tanks/tactics for farming General

56 posts in this topic

It would seem that the trick to constantly ranking up, if you're not a unicum-level damage farmer, is to concentrate on the objectives, as @Assassin7 mentioned. Capping and decaping gives a lot of XP. I solo-capped E (didn't start out that way but the other cappers got killed) and went from mid-level sergeant to close to mid-level captain. I find it harder to get general as a defender since you can't control the capping. Sometimes the enemies cap and you can farm them, then they don't cap at all, or cap with ten tanks and you can't do anything.

I ranked up to Prestige 1 and am 17 tiers into a second rank. The first one took 38 games with 804 average 'Frontline XP'. The second time will be less since now I have a better handle on what works.

I have now set myself the objective to get enough Prestige for the Emil. I like the game mode and would play it anyway, but it's nice to have a goal in mind.

5 hours ago, Kymrel said:

I have now set myself the objective to get enough Prestige for the Emil. I like the game mode and would play it anyway, but it's nice to have a goal in mind.

tbh, it's not that bad. It only took me doing about 5 evenings.

You still need the time to be able to make it work. Timezones mean that I'm pretty screwed because evening when I get home is usually when the curfew is still active, so knowing that, I'm simply using it has a means to grind credits and free XP, for which it is actually pretty good.

I agree that defending is much harder to guarantee a good rank, especially depending on how bad your team is. I've had a defending team capitulate in just over 11 minutes just now, no one in the entire game got over Captain rank (defenders had just 1). I agree with @Jesse_the_Scout that the respawn mechanic does weight things in favour of the attackers because they can yolo, die and then respawn into another zone, overload it, get XP by jumping on the cap rinse/repeat. As a defender, if you get stuck in a lane that gets vacated, you waste a lot of time driving around and may not get any XP to show for it if you fail to find anything to shoot at.

You can always hold J to self-destruct and respawn somewhere else when playing as a defender.

Is it just me or do you guys notice the terrain is kind of wonky - especially when doing hull down ridge poking?  I've had good luck playing the Patriot in the middle zones, especially with my very good E5 crew that can max vision.  Vision and shit accuracy are the reason I don't like the defender so far.  So many shots are taken at long range and the defender is just a slot machine at range and is always outspotted.  The Skorp has been a bread and butter cash farmer so far.

I must confess, although Ihave not owned or played arty in years, I bought back the 40/43 for frontline.  Giving arty 3 consumables is broken as fuck - pure cancer broken.

Does it seem like you don't get blind damage counted towards making ranks?