Well... finally some monetization I'm fully agree with. Don't like it, won't use it, but at least it is not P2W, so...

Blueprints seems like an interesting idea. 

8 hours ago, kariverson said:

I'd rather have the blueprints for unique or shitty premium low tier tanks. Something to look forward to but not let pubbies have tier 10 tanks even easier. 

Pubbies already have a ton of t10 tanks. You won't change that. I like the idea since I don't play as much

2 hours ago, nemlengyel said:

hmmm, but couldn't you already change crew member appearance for free via mods?

Except that your mods are only local and thus nobody can see what you are seeing. Well of course nobody can see your crews anyways, but please don't tell anybody, otherwise this parallel business-model isn't going to finance itself, because it couldn't feed off stupid.

You might all be complaining about it, or find it a stupid addition to the game - but I think it is good to see that WG is trying out new monitisation models. Alternatively they would pump out more stupid OP premium tanks. The more cosmetic monitisation we get, the better. All of the whales can get a crew with Mr Lobster, Unicorn and Tomato and be all happy and cheerful about that, while WG makes some easy money.

I also like the idea of the blueprints. Yes the RNG is probably going to be for lines you dont want/need, but the alternative is nothing at all. And who knows, if you get a "free" tank in a line, you might want to try it out for the shits and giggles. I know that I will be doing that if I get enough blueprints for lines I haven't completed yet.

Before people counter by saying that they rather saw WG focus on balancing the vehicles already in the game: I am quite confident that the people drawing unicorn masked men are not the same people figuring out how to rebalance different tanks. So the two processes are not mutually exclusive.

@WaterWar

I get it but the problem is that we have promised crew rework for years (IIRC it's WIP since 2015 - @GehakteMolen would know it for sure) but nothing happens. And then suddenly from nothing we got a brand new visual feature that nobody wanted and not sure if it will ever change. There are so many much more important stuff to do than milk players in every possible way. You are right crew portraits are harmless but it's still a tool to earn money. WG can't release new OP/broken premium tanks because people feel cheated - their old really good premiums got obsolote so fast by new tech tree/reward tanks. Who wants to throw money at max 6-months tanks? With rebalancing the entire game WG would make players believe that they are not wasting money.

WoT should give pubbies fun and unicums fun&wins. Right now it's all about winning and it's not a pubbie thing so mayority of players is mad.

28 minutes ago, MacusFlash said:

milk players in every possible way

WG's target audience is divided into two groups: people with more disposable income than sense; and minors who don't know any better because they either have the attention span and memory of a goldfish, or just simply too young to understand.

1 hour ago, WaterWar said:

Before people counter by saying that they rather saw WG focus on balancing the vehicles already in the game: I am quite confident that the people drawing unicorn masked men are not the same people figuring out how to rebalance different tanks. So the two processes are not mutually exclusive.

Looking at how badly tanks are balanced I suspect you may be wrong. 

41 minutes ago, Haswell said:

WG's target audience is divided into two groups: people with more disposable income than sense; and minors who don't know any better because they either have the attention span and memory of a goldfish, or just simply too young to understand.

It's not really more disposable income than sense. It's 30+ year old men who lead boring lives so they have little to spend on besides tanks. That way you can be relatively poor and still able to afford tanks. 

10 hours ago, hazzgar said:

It's not really more disposable income than sense. It's 30+ year old men who lead boring lives so they have little to spend on besides tanks. That way you can be relatively poor and still able to afford tanks. 

*is old*
I need pony/furries in my game to spend money on or I may go mad talking to my wife
:frenchy:

15 hours ago, WaterWar said:

You might all be complaining about it, or find it a stupid addition to the game - but I think it is good to see that WG is trying out new monitisation models. Alternatively they would pump out more stupid OP premium tanks. The more cosmetic monitisation we get, the better. All of the whales can get a crew with Mr Lobster, Unicorn and Tomato and be all happy and cheerful about that, while WG makes some easy money.

I also like the idea of the blueprints. Yes the RNG is probably going to be for lines you dont want/need, but the alternative is nothing at all. And who knows, if you get a "free" tank in a line, you might want to try it out for the shits and giggles. I know that I will be doing that if I get enough blueprints for lines I haven't completed yet.

I'm with you up to a point, I'd prefer we got strictly cosmetic monetisation and if they actually went full ham with Tank Barbie that'd be amazing, I've got a ton of ideas that I'd love to see implemented for it. However the idea that by adding cosmetic monetisation they're going to slow down with OP premium releases is not only ludicrous but demonstrably false.

Blueprints to me are neither here nor there but it's not unreasonable when they announce something that nobody asked for and that isn't particularly useful to go, 'where the fuck is this stuff you told us you were going to do six months ago and haven't yet?'.

The game's been out in one form or another for what? Nine years now? Yet it still feels like they have no clue how to do anything players actually want.

I have nothing really against either of these new features, they are rather 'meh' to me, but I don't think they are bad.

But firstly I can't see how that is enough content to be worth a major patch full with test server and secondly how this has appeared without balance changes or any of the other major fixes.

From a PR point of view, they should have just bundled this change with something else more substantial, if this was some new features that also came with say the rebalances of those tier 10s they said they were going to do (and presumably the tier 8 and 9s for those lines by the look of the Kran line details released) then people wouldn't complain and might actually be interested in them.

But putting on their own just annoys people because no one really asked or wanted them, the things they want, MM fix, premium ammo changes, rebalanced tanks, XVM stats hidden etc. all these promises all the veteran players got excited about, are not here.

Why not just hold this back and add it to other stuff when that is ready? 

On 3/5/2019 at 8:52 PM, Wanderjar said:

*is old*
I need pony/furries in my game to spend money on or I may go mad talking to my wife
:frenchy:

Thank god I like talking to my soon to be wife

On 3/8/2019 at 6:22 AM, CardinalMite said:

You sure she isn't thinking of switching to a newer line? Prolly one with a bigger calibre gun and more alpha...?

She literally has said she wants to play more than 10k battles on this Vk-B

On 3/11/2019 at 12:13 PM, Madner Kami said:

Without a contract, a word is worth as much as the hot air it rides on.

If you need a contract to trust someone I doubt you should marry that person ;)