HWK 30 is on pre-sale to premium account customers only on Saturday 9th March 2019. It can be purchased in three packages which come with a 100% crew, but not a crew with a free perk. The basic package is £21.44 so about what you would expect for a light tank. The stats on tanks gg show it being almost identical to the M41 90GF, except the HWK 30 has lower dpm, the damage is the same, but the HWK 30 has a slightly longer reload, in it's favour the HWK 30 has better shell velocity (1,080 vs 830) and better view range (410 vs 400). Tanks gg does not show camo values. The shell velocity is not as good as the recently sold M41D China light tank, but the M41D has 390 view range.

Since I have the Bulldog that's a pass from me. Although I dislike the poor camo and slow shell velocity I also like other tier 8 lights much better (looks at the 432) so I have no reason to get it.

I'm in the same boat. Ive got the Blackdog so theres really no reason other than tank collecting to buy this one. 

A LT that is bigger then RU meds and about the same size as a T-10

0 armor again all the EBRs with HE that is floating around.

Quite slow.

It's not worth it.

Only decent thing on it is the gun which handles quite well

For whatever reason I ended up watchign QB's video about the tank. He thinks it's OP. I'm kinda flabbergasted, given it appears to be more or less on par with the Blackdog. Sure it's better than the HWK12, except for mobility, but just being better than a regular T8 light doesn't make a tank automatically OP. At best, it's on par with the RU 251, except being one tier lower. Am I missing something, because all things considered, it kinda looks like a okish balanced T8 light.

Yeah, that's a strange conclusion to reach. From the stats (I haven't played it) it looks decent but nothing special. I would have thought that the point is more that the HWK12 is underpowered. I'll cartainly never play it while it has 630 m/s shell velocity and 338 (!!!) on the HE rounds. That's slower than arty ffs. 

QB states that wheels are the best active scouts so I'm not surprised. Paper light tank can't counter wheels. It needs armor to deal with them so the only real choice is Russian branch. Even 152 derp is not that good. 

It's just another power creep version of the last round. Compared to the Blackdog it's got marginally more view range and mobility, a little more gun depression, way faster shell velocities on both the APCR and HEAT, and more ammo capacity. The Blackdog is marginally smaller, little better aim time, a bit more DPM. On paper it looks pretty close but in practice the thing the Blackdog direly needs is better gun depression and shell velocity. The only way a huge light tank can safely engage is by keeping distance and using terrain, and the Blackdog sucks on both counts. I guarantee you the shell velocity alone will make a night and day difference between the tech tree version and this, a laughable 630 m/s vs. 1080 APCR and 1145 HEAT.

22 minutes ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

It's just another power creep version of the last round. Compared to the Blackdog it's got marginally more view range and mobility, a little more gun depression, way faster shell velocities on both the APCR and HEAT, and more ammo capacity. The Blackdog is marginally smaller, little better aim time, a bit more DPM. On paper it looks pretty close but in practice the thing the Blackdog direly needs is better gun depression and shell velocity. The only way a huge light tank can safely engage is by keeping distance and using terrain, and the Blackdog sucks on both counts. I guarantee you the shell velocity alone will make a night and day difference between the tech tree version and this, a laughable 630 m/s vs. 1080 APCR and 1145 HEAT.

This still says more about T8 lights in general, than it says about the HWK30, if you ask me.

On 3/12/2019 at 6:19 AM, Madner Kami said:

This still says more about lights in general, than it says about the HWK30, if you ask me.

FTFY

I like it, prefer it to the BlackDog, its lower profile as well so just feels smaller and has better camo.

Have no issue dealing with wheeled vehicles in it, you have 410m view range, literally 100m better than the tier 8 WVs and you have high pen HE as well, or your decently fast APCR standard rounds.

It's a good tier 8 light tank, but very far from OP and probably not quite up there with LT-432 that just has that bully ability.

But its comfortable and fun to play, similar to the M41D, they are just reliable light tanks, and they work very well in Frontlines.

Like the M41D this is a light that is very reliable at medium to long ranges as well. 

On 3/11/2019 at 2:35 PM, Madner Kami said:

.... At best, it's on par with the RU 251, except being one tier lower. Am I missing something, because all things considered, it kinda looks like a okish balanced T8 light.

"On par with a t9 light" vs "balanced"

7 hours ago, hazzgar said:

"On par with a t9 light" vs "balanced"

Sums up the state of the game nicely. WG “balancing” tier 8 premiums for 3-5-7MM has, I suspect, set in motion a endless cycle of buffing that will never result in balanced game play.