Reduced damage taken from Misses/Non-direct hits 

Reduced Effects of Repeated/Stacked stuns

Improved efficiency for Spall liners 

Nerfs/Changes to some artillery

OYqG7A8.png

stun_then_en.jpg

stun_now_en.jpg

Meaningless neefs to some arties.

Limiting stun duration is a good idea but we want to remove it at all. 

This seems like a really small baby step in the right direction. In a true WG style they go to ridiculous lengths to do what they perceive as the way to limit the effect of multiple arties per battle by devising a formula to reduce the chances of multiple arties perma-stunning a tank. Instead of biting the bullet and doing what they should have done from the start and limit them to one per team. Ideally they should remove all arty, but limiting them to one per team would be a compromise. 

It is something, I suppose. But ignoring the requests of the masses to have ONE per team is par for the course over at WG HQ. 

Would take it just for the reduced damage from splash/non-direct hits and reduced stun duration. Especially on paper tanks (like the Standard B which I am grinding currently, which suffers badly against arty) it could potentially make a big difference. Suffering 400+ hp damage on a non-direct hit is pretty frustrating.

However, one of the biggest issues with arty at the moment is tier 6 and tier 5 arty and their rate of fire, which I note hasn't been touched at all. These arties, like the Lef, the FV304, the M44 and the Grille etc. fire so damned fast and do so much damage to low tier tanks that don't have a lot of armour that it is entirely possible for one of these focusing you to kill you inside 3 minutes, with not a damned thing you can do to stop it (especially against those that have very high firing arcs). Low tiers are even worse for arty spam at the moment because of this, in my opinion.

Hmm... for me this is just tippy toeing around a dead horse. They simply need to remove the damn stun completely and reduce the number of arty per match to just one. Seriously, their game is losing players and they are still fucking around with one of the biggest reasons why players are leaving. Just fucking delusional morons these developers.

1 hour ago, DirtyACE7 said:

They simply need to remove the arty completely

FTFY.

Simple experiment: remove arty from one of the two EU servers for a couple of weeks. See which server people log into...

The percentage of shitlords who primarily play arty is tiny. Smaller, I’m certain, than the number of players who have left the game because of, among other reasons, arty ruining the gameplay.

Many pubbie tears would fall if arty was removed; “you owe me xp, etc, blah, blah, blah”. But the reality is fuck all of them would stop playing. And a heap of former players might come back (only to get infuriated by RNG and leave again).

this is like irelias 5ms nerf in league

sure it’s a nerf, but it literally won’t change anything 

the amount of situations where this nerf matters are too few

this’d be like nerfing wheeled tank top speed by 1kph

a qol change is more needed than a nerf, since the nerf is actually needed more regarding he ammo rather than arty since the stuns are fine but it does too much damage while making you useless unless in cqc, he does too much damage overall and nerfing it would put arty in a bearable spot again

a qol change that is needed if he stays the same is stun-immunity for 2-3 seconds after using kit, this is a specific scenario but double stunning right after using medkit is such bs.. it’s a huge quality change but impacts the game very little at the same time

you still take damage, and stuns but the difference is that you at least have a window the size of your aim time to get something done before you can get stunned again for using your medkit

As long as arty can do anything remotely like this it should not be in the game:

4lvpbKc.png

Dead driver. Tracked and stunned for 18 seconds. Missed me for 400hp more later in the game. That's what I get for camping....

The biggest issue is the high dmg arty can do to you. 400-500 dmg in a tier X game, for example, is game changing. A tank with 2k hp has now reduced its total combat ability reduced by a fourth or a fifth. Add the stun to this and possibility to get tracked or module damaged, it can destroy you fighting capability. Muliply this by 3 and you have a disastrous resoult.

Arty has no place in this game because of how gamebreaking it is. It should be removed. The only good thing about it is that it can counter assault tanks or punish hulldown defensive monsters. But those things should be fixed by designing the game better.

Interesting to see how the stun duration works and how it comulates over repetition. It makes me wonder why they did not realize before of how broken it is and bad for the game.

Anyway this game is too broken to fix they will not be able and they are clearly not capable to fix it.

9 hours ago, sohojacques said:

As long as arty can do anything remotely like this it should not be in the game:

4lvpbKc.png

Dead driver. Tracked and stunned for 18 seconds. Missed me for 400hp more later in the game. That's what I get for camping....

Yeah increased splash radius is idiotic. I get the stun. OK. I can live with that but they also increased damage splash radius so you can literally hit people behind obstacles. Sure you lose some damage but you still hit them.

Let's be serious. The goal has never been to "fix" the game, they've known for years what the players want. You can't seriously tell me at this point they don't know removing arty would be more popular than keeping it in or that a 2 tier spread would revive things. The goal is to stretch the game out as long as possible. Games tend to have a shelf life, so they've been withholding the improvements players want as long as the money keeps flowing in. As the player numbers have finally begun to really drop they're now doling out little improvements here and there, just enough they think it will get people to come back and play, where the game becomes a little "new" again. This is just another example, they drop a tiny weight on the scale and then sit back and wait to see how much it tips. See if they need to give anything more of what we want or if this is "enough" to keep people hooked for another 6 months. We won't get an ounce more than that minimum weight and they'd rather err on the side of not enough than too much.

At this point they can kindly consume a plethora of dicks. It's like when I was a teenager working at a restaurant and my boss gave me a $0.10/hour raise after I gave him my two week's notice.

Yeah feel the same. Since closed beta, last couple months is the first time I'm playing without premium account and there's no fucking way I'm giving them any money for premium tanks etc.

Taking s break now, even frontlines is gone shite, needs another map. These arty changes sent enough to make me open my wallet, if they removed it I would but fuck them and their mission of squeezing every cent out of the whales. CUNTS

I absolutely hate arty and we all know it can't be removed completely from the game, but there was some kind of idea that came to my mind when I was having one of my wet dreams in a lonely night...

What do u think about the idea of reworking arty into this direction:

- give back its old alpha DMG

- remove this retarded stun

- decrease shell velocity A LOT - so it will take the shells some time to hit the target (like 6-7 sec @ 600 m)

- increase shell arc - arta will be able to hit behind a lot of rocks, hit roofs a lot more and so on (result of decreasing shell velocity or vice versa)

- make tracers more visible

- limit arty to one per team side

Well, noone wants to get blapped for 700-800 health+, but this change would - at least in my few working brain cells - set the skill cap for arty a lot higher. Arty would do what it was originally supposed to do: prevent camping (SerB approves). Right now they are able to hit fast moving tanks, so all they do is shoot at low armor vehicles because they all wanna deal some damage. With this rework they would nearly only be able to hit slow moving or completely stationary tanks for some good chunks of HP and I think this is the kind of support we need in this dumb armorcreep meta. With this velocity they shouldnt be able to hit tanks with some agressive or mobile playstyle unless they have some kind of skill. The more visible tracers would make it easier to counter them as well.

What do u think about this? Retarded idea?

I think that would be a good idea for us, but not the playerbase as a whole. Remember that the average tomato sits in his heavy tank in his flank-proof corridor until he dies or his team wins. This would mean he's taking constant hard arty hits for playing that way... and while you'd think that would encourage him to move and be productive, I suspect he'd rage-quit and uninstall instead. Before you say "no great loss," realize that my point is that that's a large (and, presumably, profitable) share of the player population. Wargaming is (in my opinion) better off having arty screw over good players in our medium tanks than bad players in heavies, because they have to chase the money.

I have no issue with any of the changes they plan to make. All of them start with "reduce", reducing anything arty can do is a good thing in my opinion. They forgot one crucial parameter though... ONE.CUNT.PER.TEAM!

I think removing arty is never going to happen. I think the changes suggested plus one of those cunts per team is the best we can hope for.

8 hours ago, Wurstsoljanka said:

Retarded idea?

Yep, retarded. Arty can already fuck you over in most positions on most maps. Look, for example, at my last post above. Getting hit behind hard cover is bullshit. The only way arty can prevent camping is by being able to spot red liners for themselves (which would be hilarious btw).

I personally still haven't played a game since campaign end.

General burn out plus distaste in the state of the game with the OP premiums, blatantly OP tanks and artillery has taken the wind out of any motivation to double click "worldoftanks.exe".