Artillery Rework 2019 Edition

On 3/23/2019 at 4:05 AM, Kolni said:

this is like irelias 5ms nerf in league

akali nerf won't happen here presumably : P

you didn't accept my discord invite for weeks so now I hate you:feelsgoodman:

1 hour ago, Vindi said:

akali nerf won't happen here presumably : P

you didn't accept my discord invite for weeks so now I hate you:feelsgoodman:

akali was gutted to the point she had her rework changed to total uselessness because she was so dominant in pro play (she was 43% winrate before the nerf in soloqueue) so she won't be needing nerfs :serb: 

i didn't see it, accepted it recently tho

3 hours ago, Kolni said:

akali was gutted to the point she had her rework changed to total uselessness because she was so dominant in pro play (she was 43% winrate before the nerf in soloqueue) so she won't be needing nerfs :serb: 

i didn't see it, accepted it recently tho

Keep ignoring me - u gonna regret it! :babyrage:

29 minutes ago, Kolni said:

urgot jungle is the sole reason im not playing this patch

I haven't seen one urgot in the last 20 games I swear.. Instead I have to deal with darius / garen if top, or zoe yasuo duo

I don't know which is worse but still.. I hope today you will be online because I will need someone to play with:epicsaxguy:

38 minutes ago, Wurstsoljanka said:

Keep ignoring me - u gonna regret it! :babyrage:

what is ur nick

15 hours ago, kariverson said:

You can already hear arty strikes on Frontline. Make an audible bang every time an enemy arty fires and decrease shell velocity slightly. Campers will still get hit, active tankers won't. 

I like this idea. Let there be some skill/warning to avoiding arty. It would be a good addition if they then made the tracers even more visible, so you could see them from anywhere (akin to how some trailers show them). 

On 3/25/2019 at 10:33 AM, Joel47 said:

Wargaming is (in my opinion) better off having arty screw over good players in our medium tanks than bad players in heavies, because they have to chase the money.

This is one of the things that grinds my gears with this game. Getting punished for trying to improve and be a better player while a mouth-breathing monkey who is eating his own snot while camping on the red line in their heavy tank is apparently the target audience.

5 hours ago, WaterWar said:

I like this idea. Let there be some skill/warning to avoiding arty. It would be a good addition if they then made the tracers even more visible, so you could see them from anywhere (akin to how some trailers show them). 

I was hunting clickers down on my second account with crusader sp. Jeez, tracers are terrible. To counter arty a player needs a real gift to read those tracers. 

I mean its a thing, calling it a rebalance is WG corporate speak to try to confuse the clicker brigade, its a nerf, a straight up nerf. 

Also all those arties listed are clearly too good, so good they get special treatment.

IMO I think WGs plan is basically to keep nerfing arty with a thousand cuts through these 'rebalances', so eventually you just kill it off by making players not want to play it. They know most players hate it but they also know the can't just remove it and I don't think they can be bothered to do a proper rebalance where you completely change how it works. 

I expect we'll see some more nerfs next year, and they will just keep chipping away. 

To be honest the reduced splash damage, stun effect and splash radius for all those arties listed (which are basically all the arty everyone plays) is a decent buff for meds and lights, they are the ones that suffer the most from that change because your mobility counts for shit when a CGC or GWE100 can miss you by a tank lengths and still do like 300-400 damage and stun you for 15s.

The stun stack thing helps the heavies.

If they get round to doing the hiding stats so you basically remove XVM focus I think for decent players arty would become far less annoying with these changes.

If they could add in the max 1 per game then it would be even better. 

everything ive seen said HE pen mechanics are unchanged, splash is reduced linearly from POI, stun stacking isnt a thing anymore, SH spalls are now useful, and direct hits are RNG based these days anyway. Penetrating the dirt doesn't do anything useful :minidoge:

On 3/26/2019 at 9:25 AM, Kolni said:

urgot jungle is the sole reason im not playing this patch

play xin, reksai or jgs with good dueling potential. Urgot runs oom a lot during early game.

On 3/25/2019 at 1:50 PM, Wurstsoljanka said:

What do u think about the idea of reworking arty into this direction:

- give back its old alpha DMG

- remove this retarded stun

- decrease shell velocity A LOT - so it will take the shells some time to hit the target (like 6-7 sec @ 600 m)

- increase shell arc - arta will be able to hit behind a lot of rocks, hit roofs a lot more and so on (result of decreasing shell velocity or vice versa)

- make tracers more visible

- limit arty to one per team side

I love it and want to add more:

- reduce dmg of splash on fast moving targets (faster you go, less dmg you take)

- give them a bonus dmg on completely stationary or tracked targets

- minimum depression +1° or more, so they can defend them self just in really CQC situation

In short prevent camping WG motto will stay, and artas have more fear of LTs due to dead zone.

btw I want them to stay, but to effectively fulfil some meaningful role (prevent camping)

On 3/28/2019 at 10:42 AM, sohojacques said:

Your assuming they won’t buff pen and/or damage for direct hits...

Well we have no information that they intend to do that, so on information so far available its just a straight up nerf.

-----------------------------------

Circon actually raised a valid point in his rant video, tier 5 and 6 arty is basically OP as all hell and this 'rebalance' completely ignores those tiers. In pen, DPM and damage terms they are proportionally way higher to their tier than the higher tier arty is.

The M44 is able to do 550 damage, it can one shot almost all tier 5 TDs, lights and mediums, in some cases with lowe roles, but the T92 is not able to do the same to tier 9s, aside some particular tanks with a very high roll, whilst it also has only 60mm pen, but the arty 4 tiers lower has 39mm pen against tanks that often have far less armour. 

I uninstalled a while back and haven't looked back. I didn't play while it was installed either barring the odd game here or there last year. I have better uses for the HDD space this pig of a game uses.

8 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

The M44 is basically a GW Panther a tier lower that trades a bit of damage and stun for a fucking 16 second reload. 

Don't you wish it still had HEAT? :doge: