Sign in to follow this  
Deus__Ex__Machina

SuperTest Japanese Heavy and 4005 Nerfs

lol wtf. FV4005 is just now WAY more frustrating to play (very significant nerfs) but the lowbobs (putting it lightly) that are stupid enough to get hit from it are still gonna get one shot. Now it's just a way worse FV215b183.

No more 750dmg blaps in the face fighting a type 5. Just 450 ones. Good enough atleast. 

can we talk about the fact that Type 4 derp is literally worse than KV-2 derp and O-Ho's derp is straight upgrade to both Types LUL

Good tho, the derp should be removed but since thats never gonna happen I guess KV-85 122mm approach (aka keep it but make it total shit so its an idiot bait) is better than nothing. The gun is really shit now, it's arguably worse than full HE E-100 (gun is worse, platform is better). The HESH is total dogshit too, it's basically slightly worse version of Conway 140mm HESH with far worse accuracy at higher tier on a platform that goes 25. As for the 14cm, its pretty bad atm but the small pen buff helps more than it seems like because 290 pen is going to be more reliable against E 100 turrets, Maus turrets and other Type 5s, so thats something, especially with buffed mobility and gun handling. It won't be great but it should at least be usable now

I think that WG should buff the 14cm a bit more tho (like buff pen a bit further to 255 / 300 and buff DPM by 150-200 or so) and then give the tank a proper weakspots and it would finally be fixed after 4 years lul but this is still much better than nothing

shitbarn changes are shitty as hell though, basically it does literally nothing but makes it more unfun to play; it does doing nothing to the very thing that makes the tank frustrating to deal with in the first place. The accuracy nerf nerfs the AP shell even more than HESH, since you can still derp people with ease even with worse accuracy but now with the worse accuracy the AP shell is even less reliable

Perhaps.  If they still intend to nerf the alpha of prem ammo the Japanese heavies will still rampage like godzilla in the suburbs.

183mm HESH needs its alpha lowered just like the Type 5 HESH is getting its alpha lowered.  Alpha in this game ought to be capped at around 1K.  Honestly 1k is even too much but uts better than getting high roll one-shot in my Kranvagn 40 seconds into the game the other day . . . SMH

Well done WG, it only took you a year to listen to your community

24 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

Alpha in this game ought to be capped at around 1K.  Honestly 1k is even too much but uts better than getting high roll one-shot in my Kranvagn 40 seconds into the game the other day . . . SMH

Well done WG, it only took you a year to listen to your community

I think you have a good point here and something I've been thinking about lately, especially making the matched last longer instead of having these turbo-fests where half the team is dead in first two minutes. Lowering alpha across all tanks would help a good deal in prolonging matches, in a good way, in my honest opinion.

Not fixing Type’s broken armour or Shitbarn’s alpha...ffs talk about missing the point.

Simply moving the imbalance around instead of fixing it. WG don’t seem to be capable of big picture fixes.

Wait a Second. I like they address the stupid HE spamming bullshit. But this change rly just turns the tank into HE shooting E100. 

E100 HE: 950 alpha - 85mm pen - reload without anything 19,18s  - 0,52 acc
Type new HE: 900 alpha 80mm pen - reload without anything 19,8s - 0,38 acc

What dafuq WG.

I think now I am better off shooting HE with the 14cm. 700 alpha but with the option of 290mm gold pen 

16 hours ago, leggasiini said:

basically it does literally nothing but makes it more unfun to play; it does doing nothing to the very thing that makes the tank frustrating to deal with in the first place

classic WG... e.g. wheeled vehicles, Defender.. not so fun to play, frustrating to play against.

While the shitbarn change is not fixing the problem it will discourage people from playing it and recently there is more and more of them on EU

If these changes stay in the game and enter in the same patch as arty nerf and MM changes it will be one of the best patches ever.

Kind of like the arty changes, not the way I'd do it and I think they need to do more, but honestly I'll take it.

If it means less Fv4005s in game and less Type 4/5s using the derp guns, then a good change.

The Type changes are actually half sensible, still doesn't tackle the no weakspot issues with the armour but it tackles the big issue with the derp gun.

Effectively this takes the alpha down from 1400 to 900, because a non-premium HE firing Type 5 is rare as rocking horse sh*t, so whilst it'll still be annoying it'll be more like an O-Ho shooting you doing like 200-300 damage, not 500-600 and allows other tier 10 heavies to out trade it. 

Man if they can add some 430U and Super Conq nerfs in as well, plus put the stat hiding into the game, with all these chances higher tiers might become somewhat playable again. 

Less effective arty, less effective sh8tbarns, less effective Types, no xvm focus, nerfed 430U, nerfed sup conq and better MM.

That would be a much funner game, but the cynic in me says that the buffs to the IS-4 and E100 will turn them into the next OP super heavy monsters to take over the Types mantle. 

33 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

The Type changes are actually half sensible, still doesn't tackle the no weakspot issues with the armour but it tackles the big issue with the derp gun.

If we really think that adding weakspots to any sort of actually functioning armor is going to lower prammo-spam, then we are retards. The only thing that is going to adress prammo-spam is, nerfing prammo.

superficial  nonsense that won't change anything regarding gaming experience.

Hulldown cancer meta - going to stay

geting rebalanced by arty without having a chance to fight back - going to stay

25% pen rng so actual weakspots are not really weakspots  - staying

shot dispersion inside the circle still retarded - skillbased game btw.

On 3/30/2019 at 8:58 AM, sohojacques said:

Not fixing Type’s broken armour or Shitbarn’s alpha...ffs talk about missing the point.

Type 5’s derp is a far bigger problem than the armor, tho. Technically speaking its the derp + armor, but the derp is still the biggest problem out of the two. Without the derp type5 isnt really more problematic than Maus or many other abominations at tier 10 with retarded armor

Agreed that the shitbarn nerfs are a failure though, though anything to lower their popularity is good I guess

21 hours ago, tajj7 said:

That would be a much funner game, but the cynic in me says that the buffs to the IS-4 and E100 will turn them into the next OP super heavy monsters to take over the Types mantle. 

IS-4 with Super Conq gun handling :feelsgoodman: and E-100 with 5A DPM

On 4/1/2019 at 4:48 AM, Madner Kami said:

If we really think that adding weakspots to any sort of actually functioning armor is going to lower prammo-spam, then we are retards. The only thing that is going to adress prammo-spam is, nerfing prammo.

No what will address prem ammo is fixing RNG, i.e. reducing it from the ridiculous 25% it is today.

On 4/1/2019 at 10:48 AM, Madner Kami said:

I'd fire less prammo if more tanks had weakspots. 

On 4/1/2019 at 9:48 AM, Madner Kami said:

Neither is going to stop it. 

You think cutting down premium ammo damage is going to stop people firing premium ammo? it'll just increase it, because people will need to fire more.

Premium ammo spam is a symptom of the meta, the meta is not a symptom of premium ammo. 

If there was not so many things at higher tier with absurd armour, youd see far less premium ammo and HE being spammed, that is pretty much guaranteed because that is the old state of things before Jap heavies, Bobjects, Defenders, Maus buffs, VK 1001 Ps, t95 buffs etc. 

Like 2016 we had far less of this shit and we had far less premium ammo spam. 

Armour and map design is what is driving premium ammo spam, coupled with availability of credits (boosters, frontline, missions, marathons etc.) but really people still like to make credits, it makes the game less grindy, so aside a small minority who will spam premium ammo in whatever, most players won't, but more are being forced to by the meta. 

Fix the meta and IMO these issue becomes minor and premium ammo changes become minor, but doing them first just fucks the game up more. 

All the proposed changes are going to do is basically nerf most -2/stock tanks, most paper vehicles, especially meds and buff heavies, especially ones that are already too strong. Though at least in their Q&A the other day, WG have apparently said that adjustments to vehicles, penetration, costs, armour etc. is all being looked at with premium ammo changes. But knowing WG they will shove it live and Maus, Defender, Bobject et all just become more meta because they all effectively got a 25% hit points boost.