Chuny77

I need Help trying to create a Google spreadsheet to retrieve stats from Wotlabs

Hey guys, I dont know if this is the right place to post this, but i am trying to build a spreadsheet so it helps my clan with some basic things

The idea is you input the name of the player, and it automatically loads you the basic stats of said player.

What i've could do until now is this https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fo5JsNNTRpH0mN1xHTN58CV9u4ECCEX4c_rqF-aG8A8/edit?usp=sharing

The problem is that i used a function called "IMPORTXML" to retrieve the data from Wotlabs but it seems that the google spreadsheets have a limitation on how many of this formulas you use.

With a few players this was working like a charm, but once i started adding up more players, the function keeps saying "loading" and it takes a looot of time to fill the cells.

Any idea or help with how i can fix or do this?

Thanks guys!

You are being rate limited by Google, which I'm not surprised seeing you are trying to load 258 results at once from a single API key (presumably).

Try loading the stats only at certain intervals so you don't blow out 200 calls every time you refresh the page. File > spreadsheet settings > calculation. (ref: https://support.google.com/docs/answer/58515?hl=en)

Otherwise you should really be looking into building your own database for this kind of work.

34 minutes ago, Haswell said:

You are being rate limited by Google, which I'm not surprised seeing you are trying to load 258 results at once from a single API key (presumably).

Try loading the stats only at certain intervals so you don't blow out 200 calls every time you refresh the page. File > spreadsheet settings > calculation. (ref: https://support.google.com/docs/answer/58515?hl=en)

Otherwise you should really be looking into building your own database for this kind of work.

I see... But i think my actual knowledge wont allow me to do that...

Could it be a way to make that only one IMPORTXML function per player, retrieves all those three values? WN8, Recent WN8 and WR%?

Google Sheets doesn't support that AFAIK, the only way you can limit calls on demand is to not have the functions in the cells to begin with, or conditionally make them run ONLY if something else happens (ie. a button, a boolean toggle).

You can try moving everything to a local Excel sheet, but that defeats the purpose of having a shared document.