Kymrel

Blocking maps to come with 1.5

WG EU has just put up more details about map blocking. It will come with 1.5 and allow us to block one map with a cooldown of 4 hours to change. Sadly, it won't block encounter or assault versions of maps, so the haters of Mines Encounter that could stomach normal Mines are out of luck.

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/1-5-excluded-maps/

6 minutes ago, Kymrel said:

Fjord? Ensk? Mines? Emperor's Corridor? So many to choose from....

Ensk is hit and miss for me. Definitely not a favourite but tolerable. Mines is the same (as long as it isnt encounter and tier X), i dont get the hate for Empires Border as I find Fjords worse. Paris just came to mind though, and I think that for me would be the one though I like it when in a heavy tank or heavy-TD

2 minutes ago, Haswell said:

No, that's why I'm bumping it.

:gachi:

4 minutes ago, Haswell said:

No, that's why I'm bumping it.

image.png

9 minutes ago, Never said:

It has been disabled. I dumped the entire dataset on the forum and IIRC the consensus was the there was no meaningful pattern to the maps.

thats what I thouight I had recalled...thanks for the clarification

the only meaningful pattern shown was that prokh was the least common map in the game :frenchy: 

i'm dropping different ones based on what i'm playing, but i think i'd kill studzianki or minsk so i never have to see that garbage again

everything else can be sort of playable but those two maps are just goddamn aids every fucking game

2 hours ago, Never said:

It has been disabled. I dumped the entire dataset on the forum and IIRC the consensus was the there was no meaningful pattern to the maps.

I noticed the data was aggregated over several days, during which the map rotations will have surely refreshed several times. If there is any pattern to be identified it would only be accurate for the current day, or until the map rotation changes. Nixon's conclusion was also only based on simulating data from the map frequencies, which are also skewed since the raw data didn't differentiate the map frequencies by each refresh period.

wotnumbers allows you to sort by map and frequency fwiw and for those that have it and have been running it for an extensive period - mine seems bugged though as it says I have never seen Province. I know I have.

3 hours ago, Kolni said:

the only meaningful pattern shown was that prokh was the least common map in the game :frenchy: 

i'm dropping different ones based on what i'm playing, but i think i'd kill studzianki or minsk so i never have to see that garbage again

everything else can be sort of playable but those two maps are just goddamn aids every fucking game

I was about to ask this, can you change it whenever you want?

I think Mountain Pass for me as well, its the least flexible map in the whole game IMO, so completely limited and its also so small on available area, there is literally a 3x3 map area in the north east that is completely impassable terrain. 

There are 47 map squares out of 100 on that map, that more than 50% of them is unusable, making it technically IMO the smallest map in the game. 

Shame its not 3 maps, hopefully they increase it to the 3 in the long term once they get it working.