Errants

WoT Only Premium Coming

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/updates/1-5-wot-prem-account/

So, just like WoWS, there's going to be a WoT exclusive premium coming. RIP WoWP. And I'm calling it TP, because it seems shitty that they're going to exclusive premium.

Highlights:

• At will applicable x3 exp multiplier. Seems 5/day use, but still tasty. Stackable with daily 1st win bonus, so possible of x5-x8 exp multiplier... Dayum.
  • 10% bonus credits up to 750k/week (stored in a bank system thingy).
  • Supah Speshul Meesions for TP holders only.
  • 'Toon bonus: TP holders get 15% exp/credit bonus in pre-made platoons, everyone else gets 10% credit bonus. TP holder doesn't need to be the leader.
  • Fuck Map rotation! - 100% more blocked maps for TP holders. (read: 2 total).

Changes/minutae/bad stuff?:

• Same cost as Universal Premium (UP).
  • When it is rolled out, all UP time becomes TP for WoT, remains UP for other WG titles.
  • WoT Premium awards from campaigns/missions/etc will be TP only after rollout.
  • Piggy bank awarded every week, or when your roll of TP runs out.
  • Purchasing in-game will only give you TP, UP needs to be bought via launcher or store.
  • TP and UP can be bought/acquired on same account, but run simultaneously and TP takes precedence for WoT.

So, if you've been dabbling in more than just Tanks, it's a bit of a nerf... but WoWS has had Warships Premium (WSP) for a while now, and clearly it's worked out well for WG, as they're bringing it to the land side. If you main/only play WoT, though, it seems a straight benefit.

Of course, WoWP players get fucked... but who cares what bots think?

Thoughts, opinions?

i mainly play tanks so the added bonus to exp and credits seems ok i just dont like the fact you now get bonds missions but only with the WoT prem time

This game is finally one of those old MMOs where you haven't played in years... and when you finally log in you're immediately showered with a daily crate, the returning player MEGA crate, 2 special missions reminders, +300 Cow Coins, A Quantum bonus to gem rotations, and +30% to all prestige points for 24 hours.

So much for saying they will never sell bonds, well now they will, just indirectly through  bought missions.

Problem also is the better they make premium time, XP & credit boosters, the more they dis-incentivize players from playing on low population secondary servers like the AU server;  because no one likes watching boosters and premium time count down while sitting in a queue..

They really should make all of the above only count down during battles.

So whatever premium time we have now will be credited to us as the New And Improved™ Premium Time? At least they're doing this not long after Christmas. I still have some 2 years of Premium Account from the boxes.

Overall, good if you play WoT exclusively, bad if you play other WG titles. Honestly, you would think it sounds like a bad business decision since sharing premium and gold would be a great incentive for players to try out their other titles, but if it's working, who am I to say what's good or bad for their pockets.

1 hour ago, Never said:

Overall, good if you play WoT exclusively, bad if you play other WG titles. Honestly, you would think it sounds like a bad business decision since sharing premium and gold would be a great incentive for players to try out their other titles, but if it's working, who am I to say what's good or bad for their pockets.

They already did this with Ships, they have their own version of premium. It worked well there because they also have their own version of premium currency, meaning nothing is shared with the other titles (except free xp? not sure).

Since Planes is effectively dead let's forget about it for the sake of argument. Tanks premium time is the next step in separating global prem time between Tanks and Ships. You can't spend gold in Ships since that bridge was never built, so consider gold to be a Tanks only premium currency. By virtue of the FOMO (fear of missing out), WG will be able to milk double the amount of money from people who actually pay for premium time: gold for Tanks time, whatever Ships use as their premium currency for Ships time.

As for trying out other titles, most players only play one title regularly and leave the other to rot. If they are so inclined to waste their lives in more than one WG title but don't want to pay double, they can get the regular premium time. But they can and will feel like they are missing out, so it is more than likely that they will pay for title specific premium time later down the road. Money milked down the road is still money milked, and with WG (and basically every single major publisher) the amount of money milked from their customers will always take priority over everything else.

I don't get one thing. Does this mean I need to buy universal premium and tank premium if I want all the benefits? 

14 minutes ago, Haswell said:

No, you only need WoT premium.

So it's basically better premium as long as I play this shit game? 

Eh, as someone who plays both tanks and ships, not a fan. Basically have to pay double to get the benefits.

9 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

Eh, as someone who plays both tanks and ships, not a fan. Basically have to pay double to get the benefits.

But Wargaming gets 2x the money! So it's a win/win... for them.

4 hours ago, Errants said:

But Wargaming gets 2x the money! So it's a win/win... for them.

I mean from me they wont be getting double the money lol, or even single the money as long as I still have CW gold. 

I buy my prem time with that, Im fine currently with regular prem for ships, not sure if I will want to shell out the extra for bonus prem in tanks though. will have to see how much it costs and stuff.

You won't have to choose for a while, assuming you have a lot of premium days built up when 1.5 hits. 

On 4/9/2019 at 11:08 PM, Jesse_the_Scout said:

This game is finally one of those old MMOs where you haven't played in years... and when you finally long in you're immediately showered with a daily crate, the returning player MEGA crate, 2 special missions reminders, +300 Cow Coins, A Quantum bonus to gem rotations, and +30% to all prestige points for 24 hours.

Sounds like a modern gatcha game...oh wait :serb: