Deus__Ex__Machina

Tier 8 Premium British LT: FV1066 Senlac

source: https://thedailybounce.net/world-of-tanks/supertest-fv1066-senlac-premium-british-light-tank/

post-503397906-0-40313200-1555062494.jpg

The turret of this vehicle is at the rear, yet it’s a well-rounded light tank with a top forward speed of 65 km/h and a top reverse speed of 23 km/h.

The Senlac’s gun has good armour penetration (189 mm with a basic round), small aiming time (1.8 seconds), and decent stabilization. Still, this tank cannot excel as a sniper because of low accuracy (the dispersion is 0.42 m at 100 meters’ distance).

The Senlac’s HE shells deal 280 points of damage. They have 90 mm of armour penetration, making the Brit a real scourge of enemy vehicles with thin armour. The HE shells fired by the Senlac travel at the same speed as basic rounds (1020 meters per second) which means they are way faster than HE shells of other tanks.

Looks like trash tbh, but hey maybe this means theres a British LT line in the works? 

3 hours ago, Haswell said:

snip

189 mm of penetration is pretty high for a tier 8 light tank, and it's also higher than several heavy and medium tanks (e.g. KV-5, Type 59, T95E2, etc). The LT-432 is arguably the best tier 8 LT at the moment, and it has 176 mm of standard penetration.

30 minutes ago, MacusFlash said:

Who cares about LTs when wheels are zooming on battlefields?

LTs are for wn stats :minidoge:

9 minutes ago, FavreFan4ever said:

Plus that HE round is going to wreck the wheelies

Nah cause the wheelies will track the Pom with their own 90mm pen HE and drive away regardless of whether you hit them back.

It looks very generically 'meh', its not bad but its not good either, everything is just on the side of meh, not that fast, DPM is pretty crap for that alpha, gun handling is ok but crap accuracy for reasons, view range is crap as well which is odd for a British tank.

If this is a sign of what British lights are going to be its going to be a big disappointment, I mean this thing basically seems like a bad HWK 30, worse DPM, worse alpha, worse accuracy, worse view range, traverse is worse, like really what is the point of it?

47 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

Unless it gets elc even levels of camo no one will play it. I get creating balanced tanks but this is as up as the t92

T92 at least has high view range, high camo and exceptional gun handling, plus virtually no penetration drop off.

This thing is just meh, whatever it does well another light does better

5 hours ago, tajj7 said:

T92 at least has high view range, high camo and exceptional gun handling, plus virtually no penetration drop off.

This thing is just meh, whatever it does well another light does better

We don't know about the gun handling but yeah it seems to be closest to t92 which at least has better VR. SO camo and gun handling need to be better and I doubt that will happen

1 hour ago, JamoSK said:

I love LTs but what is point, if there is no british LT line?

The point is if this is released there will be a brit lt line

ok thx, yeah hints are nice, but I know how long was china type in game before whole nation xD

yes I know i am little bit too much on paranoid side

On 4/16/2019 at 12:26 PM, JamoSK said:

Did I missed, news on that line? 

1. They said it will be released this year

2. They never release a t8 prem without a line following

On 4/16/2019 at 3:50 AM, hazzgar said:

We don't know about the gun handling but yeah it seems to be closest to t92 which at least has better VR. SO camo and gun handling need to be better and I doubt that will happen

Hard to tell from the pictures how big it is versus other LTs. Remember when everyone said that on paper the ELC was trash, but then it was released and it turned out to be so small that hitting it was a real challenge? Plus it could use bushes that bigger tanks simply couldn't?

If it turns out to be super small then suddenly the stats look a lot better.

Not saying it will be great but I am going to reserve judgement until we know more. I just get the nagging feeling that if this is going with a new line, then WG are more likely to release a strong premium. For reference see EBR 75..

10 hours ago, CardinalMite said:

Hard to tell from the pictures how big it is versus other LTs. Remember when everyone said that on paper the ELC was trash, but then it was released and it turned out to be so small that hitting it was a real challenge? Plus it could use bushes that bigger tanks simply couldn't?

If it turns out to be super small then suddenly the stats look a lot better.

Not saying it will be great but I am going to reserve judgement until we know more. I just get the nagging feeling that if this is going with a new line, then WG are more likely to release a strong premium. For reference see EBR 75..

If it's super small it's still worse than ELC EVEN. Low alpha pew pew pew guns are horrible on light tanks overall. ELC even has horrible dpm but it's a great assassin since you literally don't know where it might be and it dumps its clip into you. Also every shot being 220 is useful. Remember you shoot = you get spoted. So the chance to deal this much is useless. The only thing that could make it work if it has elc even camo + t100lt hidden gun stats so it snaps like a boss. 

Seriously as some with a 3 marked ELC EVEN and over 1300 battles in mine I find it hard to see how this can be better. Also ELC EVEN is still not a good tank. It's not trash but it's not a good tank. It carries with non braindead team on open maps, it can carry on semi open maps but I pull 59% WR in mine where most of my lights t5-t8 are in high 60s. (except bulldog, that thing is not a light but a med with low hp and bad gun)

The only interesting thing I'm seeing here is the HESH. Other than that, there aren't any remarkable strengths to talk about and there are other light tanks with HESH these days. Honestly it would be novel if it had the normal 20pdr alpha and pen, played like a fast TD rather than a scout.

Incidentally, as of the argument of whether or not 189 stock pen is good, first point is that in practice you probably aren't going to see a meaningful difference between that value and the stock shells of any other tier 8 light tank. They're all very similar. And second point is that what does this matter anyway if the current meta demands gold spam?