Sign in to follow this  
Kymrel

Frontline winrate - Defense and Attack

Have any of you tracked your wins/losses in Frontlines? Since the game doesn't, I mean?

I've kept notes of my progress from the start, mostly to track my progress through the prestige-thing, see how many games I needed, the average prestige per game etc. I've now just finished getting to prestige IV. Sadly I've only started counting wins/losses in the last prestige level.

It is, of course, a tiiiny sample size (which is why I'm interested in your experiences), but in the 34 games it took me to get from III to IV the attackers won 32.4% of the games and defenders 67.6%. (I had a rather sucky WR of 47% in case you're interested. Nobody tell Cheapbooks.) I'll continue collecting the data but it will always be a small sample based on my games alone. It just seems like a lot of difference between the two and I wonder if that's the general trend or not.

For those interested, my average prestige per game was 937 and I could not see much difference between wins and losses. 

Honestly this is the only game mode where winning or losing doesn't seem to matter afaik, I have been playing and not gaf about winning or losing and it's great. I just couldn't justify putting effort into writing down wins/losses, unless there is a mod to keep track.

Depends on what you're playing for I guess. If all you want is prestige and credits you probably don't care, but it matters when grinding tanks. And since I can't stand  grinding the Lynx in randoms I'm trying to power through that POS in this game mode. Honestly, that is the only reason I started bothering with counting wins-losses. Until then I didn't care.

I tend to have better games when attacking, but only because I can repeatedly switch flanks and hit defenders where they're weak. On defense, I tend not to do so well because defending works well when I'm more or less equal in numbers on the flank. If superior, they stop attacking (and I need to react with flank-switch) or if inferior I generally get facerolled.

But I think both have similar WRs. On attack the SEA pubbies can be utterly fucking retarded and camp/passive like shit, but on defense they can also just really ignore the strategic issues.

I have been tracking my Frontline marathon... so FWIW check it out.  (Please no bully)

...initially to figure out the levels (until they were published/leaked) then for interest?

I Win about 65% on Attack and 40% on Defense.

Shattered my dominant elbow (4 plates and 26 screws) between Episode 2 and 3 and got the cast off last Tuesday.  Did alright to almost stay a half prestige ahead. 

Of note shortest game was 10:42... I recall we had one Captain on the winning team.  Longest game 28:17