9 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

And if they implement seige mode for it exactly like the swede TDs (and these stats are for it in siege mode or something) then its literally completely worthless, an aggressive med that takes 2 seconds to get into its DPM mode and can only do like 10kph while in it? Yeah that'll end well. If its a dynamic suspension mode that just auto activates whenever you depress the gun far enough to give you more dep and nothing else, then it'll be pretty cool.

I really really doubt that the suspension for the STB is going to be like the Swedish TDs, that would be whole new level of retardness. There is a good reason that why they decided to do it differently with the Swedish MTs. Its almost certain that the STB will have similar suspension to those things instead of the Swedish aids TDs.

Still, the proposed changes are retarded and overly complicated just to achieve nothing. Should just give it better gun handling (aim time, bloom), give it Swedish MT style hydro suspension (would have more gun dep) and then probably buff top speed to 55, and that should be enough. Would fix it and make it unique enough, win-win situation if asked from me. Even better would be if they downtiered the tier 8-10 MTs, made Chi-Ri a premium and added Type 74 as new tier 10 (which is basically an even sexier STB). But knowing WG, they leave the rest of the line shit and implement these retarded changes.

Other proposed changes are actually cool apart from some questionable choices, though. 430U getting nerf is great news. Now that and Type 5 is getting nerfed, fuck the Sconq too while you are at it :minidoge: 

If they are buffing (i.e., returning it back to its normal state) the gold pen on the 30B, are they then also going to buff the gold pen on the tier 9? Don't they use the exact same gun?

2 hours ago, DirtyACE7 said:

If they are buffing (i.e., returning it back to its normal state) the gold pen on the 30B, are they then also going to buff the gold pen on the tier 9? Don't they use the exact same gun?

And yet WG wants to give L7 on Leo Chinese alpha.

Logic, reason, historical accuracy, aren't really factors.

But then the idea that alpha creep is the solution is just like WarGay.

What I think.

Leo 1, I think it is fairly simple actually, buff bloom & buff speed. Add some 'armor' to the turret, 40mm rubber protection to troll HEAT spammers & look really cool. Also troll 183 HESH.

STB-1? I would buff the current guns handling, add an alternate gun. 4 second interclip, 3 round capacity, reloads at fixed 7 RPM, does not need to be full to fire. Gun arc with alt gun is 9/-6. Both guns have same 0.12/0.12/0.10 bloom? Also, siege mode adds gun depression & elevation only. 

30B could have the stronger gun (recall the big cupola) and the longer VR. Quick aim with decent acc, and K-91 level pen & velocity. Bloom stats nerfed to current Leopard levels. UFP to 80mm. And thus, it may effectively troll people.

121, add the 130. Suddenly... Its super strong even without more gun dep... 490 alpha on medium tank. 100 alpha advantage over 390. Will out trade heavies. LFP to 100mm.

T-62A has alternate turret, 215mm thickness, 7* gun dep. (Historical?)

Object 140 debuffed. Perhaps a change in tier 10 medium alpha is in order.

Actually... VR creep would be an issue.

Anyway, what I am thinking trends towards gun bloom creep. 2 big bloom buffs... I think it is fair.

But of course, this would never happen

Edited by Oicraftian
WG related pessimism was curiously absent

What's the point of these changes. They seem like WG pulled stats out of a hat without any intent of fixing what's wrong or making tanks more comfortable. Leo still handles like a tier5 tank and is less mobile in exchange for a gun that will feel the exact same as before. Not like you'll notice those pen or velocity changes. Hooray now you have a 5%higher chance to pen an e100 turret with standard ammo?

6 minutes ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Hooray now you have a 5%higher chance to pen an e100 turret with standard ammo?

You'll hit more often because improved accuracy! Think of the bonus! More of your shots will bounce, instead of missing. :serb:

But this is how WG rebalances tanks. Buff non-Soviet tanks without actually making them better. (Except for the AMX. We'll see if this goes through unscathed.)

2 hours ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

What's the point of these changes. They seem like WG pulled stats out of a hat without any intent of fixing what's wrong or making tanks more comfortable. Leo still handles like a tier5 tank and is less mobile in exchange for a gun that will feel the exact same as before. Not like you'll notice those pen or velocity changes. Hooray now you have a 5%higher chance to pen an e100 turret with standard ammo?

I thought it was made clear long ago they have no idea how their game works. Just look at the HP pools they have zero logic whatsoever: generally they base it around how big tanks are, so the bigger the tank the more HP it has. This is why the Maus has 3k and a Bat 1,8k. Ofc there are exceptions: take for example the E50m and 430U. The  M is way bigger that the U but it only gets 50 HP more. 

Size also matters (ehehe) for camo as the bigger you are the easier it is for you to be spotted which is logical. This is why the 430U has such crazy camo rating because it is as small as Bat Chat (and lets not point out the "historical accuracy" of a tank so tiny with such thick armour, because of course russian suspension are capable of withstanding such a heavy frontal plate).

Now the problem is that mysteriously the 430U which in theory it is smaller than the Bat gets 200 HP more. I guess this is because it is a brawler  BUT so is the 50M in THEORY. Another discrepancy is the fact the IS7 gets 200 HP more than the E5 when clearly it isn't bigger, or why the Jadgzilla gets only 100 HP more than the Jadgtiger.

I could keep going on pointing out how retarded the DPM is in lower tiers compared to their HP pools but it would take too long.

They have no idea what they are doing they just know they are losing player and they are simply trying to patch some holes. Unfortunately for them their holes are big black holes that not even light can escape from them.

36 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

Stuff

I tend to agree. I'd further like to point out, regardless how many of these changes are welcome, needed and dearly appreciated, that this is Balancing Pass on T10 Tanks Number What again? Meanwhile every other tier is still fucked and remains fucked for goddess knows how long. Where are the Churchill buffs? When and how will the Chi-Ri be adressed? Why do T6 tanks have less than half the HP of T8 tanks of the same class, when both have the same DPM, often even the same alpha? Or, going away from mere tier balance, what about the logic of giving tanks that are supposed to be good in a brawl and thus have good armor (that works at every range) also the guns that need the least aiming due to their hidden bloom values on a very consistent basis, while practically all sniper-tanks consistenly spend and need to spend more time for aiming as every inch of any sort of movement makes them the least accurate tank in the match, when being accurate even at long ranges is supposed to be their thing? What's the wisdom behind such design decissions? And so on and on.

@SchnitzelTruck @Madner Kami I don’t know what you two are complaining about. After the buff the Leo will have as good bloom values on hull movement and traverse as a Batchat... (I can’t believe they’re currently actually worse). WG really knows how to disappoint.

On 4/24/2019 at 9:45 AM, leggasiini said:

fuck the Sconq too while you are at it :minidoge: 

This is off topic, but I have been playing the Super Conq in the current meta and I really do not think its a very good tank, I think its massively over rated in the current meta.

It does one thing well, sit on a ridge hull down and that is about it, something a far more mobile, 440 alpha, super camo, tiny, -13 gun depression Swedish med is going to do pretty much as well.  Or something the Kranvagn is able to do but next patch is going to do with near T57 heavy levels of autoloader DPM and not far off 50b mobility.

You have no alpha to trade, no one sits in front of allowing you to get a second shot.

Everything spams HE at you, splashing your weak everywhere else armour and doing decent damage, a 60TP the other day was doing like 300 damage to me with HE by snapping the turret. Arty, Type 5s, Sh*tbarns spam it to death all the damn time.

If you go to a 'heavy' side or city fight, everything else you damn meet is super strong hull down and pretty much every spot works for Russian tanks, so your -10 gun depression becomes irrelevant in all but a handful of spots, meaning 260s, 430Us, IS7s, 277s will get to the rubble spot way before you because they are way faster and they can spam HEAT at your turret ring or cupola and pen, whilst you can do squat all to them. 

If you need to push anywhere, you are slow and you have a massive lower plate that even tier 8 lights can pen with ease from distance.

You have zero of the side armour BS that the Russian tanks have or the Maus, or Type 5 has, if people get your side at pretty much any angle, then they will pen and probably get your ammo rack.  Meanwhile an IS7 or 260 or 430 has a lot more troll lower plates and they can cover gaps way way more quickly and will troll more side shots as well. 

I mean I get its annoying to fight hull down, but then so are literally more than half the tanks on tier 10 and most of them are far more well rounded and flexible than a Super Conq.

Honestly do not get the fuss about it, to me it feels decidedly average in the current meta, sure better than power crept stuff like an E100 or IS4 or Cent AX or E50M, but not near a 5A, 260, 430U, Fatton, 60TP,  etc. IMO. 

Maybe I am just crap in it, but it doesn't feel as strong as people make this tank out to be. 

--------------------------------------

Anyway back on topic, I think people are being a bit harsh on WG, sure the STB-1 changes are a bit weird at the moment but we need to see the full picture I think to really know.

The Leo 1 changes IMO are good, the tank is never going to be a 430U, but making it better and more reliable at what is does well is a good thing and I think overall the tank is going to be more effective. I also suspect when they go through the testing phases we'll see some of those nerfs dropped or the buffs pushed a little further.

30b got some needed attention and looks pretty solid now.

And whilst they haven't nerfed the 430U who I would like, you have to give them credit for at least nerfing it, I mean of the more annoying tanks on tier 10 IMO to fight right now, they are Type 5, 430U, Sh*tbarn and arty.

WG are nerfing all of them, which means even if the nerfs don't go so far or as well done as we think they should be, the impact should at least mean that not only are these tanks less effective, we'll see less of them.

Plus 3 of the worst tier 10 meds are at least getting some attention.

You never know they might surprise us with some changes for the 121 as well.

If you look at what they promised at the end of last year, they are making some decent progress and making IMO changes that will make the game better if not as good as they could have done. 

1 hour ago, tajj7 said:

This is off topic, but I have been playing the Super Conq in the current meta and I really do not think its a very good tank, I think its massively over rated in the current meta.

It does one thing well, sit on a ridge hull down and that is about it, something a far more mobile, 440 alpha, super camo, tiny, -13 gun depression Swedish med is going to do pretty much as well.  Or something the Kranvagn is able to do but next patch is going to do with near T57 heavy levels of autoloader DPM and not far off 50b mobility.

You have no alpha to trade, no one sits in front of allowing you to get a second shot.

Everything spams HE at you, splashing your weak everywhere else armour and doing decent damage, a 60TP the other day was doing like 300 damage to me with HE by snapping the turret. Arty, Type 5s, Sh*tbarns spam it to death all the damn time.

If you go to a 'heavy' side or city fight, everything else you damn meet is super strong hull down and pretty much every spot works for Russian tanks, so your -10 gun depression becomes irrelevant in all but a handful of spots, meaning 260s, 430Us, IS7s, 277s will get to the rubble spot way before you because they are way faster and they can spam HEAT at your turret ring or cupola and pen, whilst you can do squat all to them. 

If you need to push anywhere, you are slow and you have a massive lower plate that even tier 8 lights can pen with ease from distance.

You have zero of the side armour BS that the Russian tanks have or the Maus, or Type 5 has, if people get your side at pretty much any angle, then they will pen and probably get your ammo rack.  Meanwhile an IS7 or 260 or 430 has a lot more troll lower plates and they can cover gaps way way more quickly and will troll more side shots as well. 

I mean I get its annoying to fight hull down, but then so are literally more than half the tanks on tier 10 and most of them are far more well rounded and flexible than a Super Conq.

Honestly do not get the fuss about it, to me it feels decidedly average in the current meta, sure better than power crept stuff like an E100 or IS4 or Cent AX or E50M, but not near a 5A, 260, 430U, Fatton, 60TP,  etc. IMO. 

Maybe I am just crap in it, but it doesn't feel as strong as people make this tank out to be. 

Anyway back on topic, I think people are being a bit harsh on WG, sure the STB-1 changes are a bit weird at the moment but we need to see the full picture I think to really know.

The Leo 1 changes IMO are good, the tank is never going to be a 430U, but making it better and more reliable at what is does well is a good thing and I think overall the tank is going to be more effective. I also suspect when they go through the testing phases we'll see some of those nerfs dropped or the buffs pushed a little further.

And whilst they haven't nerfed the 430U who I would like, you have to give them credit for at least nerfing it, I mean of the more annoying tanks on tier 10 IMO to fight right now, they are Type 5, 430U, Sh*tbarn and arty.

WG are nerfing all of them, which means even if the nerfs don't go so far or as well done as we think they should be, the impact should at least mean that not only are these tanks less effective, we'll see less of them.

If you look at what they promised at the end of last year, they are making some decent progress and making IMO changes that will make the game better if not as good as they could have done. 

Remember there will be far fewer type5s and Shitbarns post patch so Sconq will be better defensively. 

1 hour ago, sohojacques said:

Gotta disagree, sorry. Compare even its buffed gun handling to the K-91, 140, M48, etc.

K-91 is not very good, awkward rear turret, not great accuracy, low alpha, nothing special on the gun handling.  Leo 1 is already more comfy to play than it, with these changes its just better than it IMO. 

The new Leo looks decent enough to me for its role, like I said its never going to be a super meta tank unless the meta changes or they stick a shed load of armour on it, neither of which is likely in the near future.

But best in class pen, aim time, and accuracy, higher alpha than most other tier 10 meds, fastest top speed of any tier 10 med, all round good mobility, better dispersion stats, decent camo, APCR premium rounds, it'll be decently effective at what it does and more competitive.

It aint going to be a Fatton or Obj. 140 but those are two of the best tier 10 meds outside the buffed 430U and the 907.  

These changes make it go from bottom of the pile to middle of the pack and I'm fine with that, plus I reckon we'll see some more tweaks and buffs for it as it goes through the process. 

I look at these changes like the M60 changes, not going to turn it into some sort of uber meta tank, but makes it more playable and fun to use. 

@hazzgar True, it'll certainly help and they are amongst what makes the tier 10 meta so painful. Still think its a tank that is more hype than actual performance these days. 

Just now, tajj7 said:

HE shits on you regardless of what you play, but if you check what tanks were the most played last ranked season S. Conquer and 430U were by far the most powerful/played, maybe contested by 907?. When it comes to heavies, CW was dominated by SC and 277 until Chieftain(which should probably be nerfed a bit) was released. SC has enough DPM to trade 2 for 1 in most cases, you are not meant to contest other hulldown tanks, but having APCR as prem allows you to track & damage pretty easily, locking down tanks or trading favorably without much retaliation besides once again HE garbage. Also unlike the other hulldown tanks, SC has the best gun handling by far, even sniping is still good and you have can fight hulldown at +150m you are gonna win most of the time, because roof is not easy to hit and your gun is more accurate with a higher RoF. Think of 215B, back then we had a tank that was already strong but lacked armor, all it's playstyle was around its gun. The replacement is the exact same but with much better armor, no drawbacks at all.

As one last thing, post 1.0 maps are quite cancer for heavys since WG thought they needed to either give a camping spot  or change close quarter combat areas to every single reworked map i.e. Erlenberg, Pilsen, Fjords, Fisherman Bay, Siegfried Line. Being aggressive with a heavy is worse than has ever been because of arty, excessive amount of TDs and HE garbage.

11 hours ago, tajj7 said:

:novaserb: 

sorry dude but this is a case of you not knowing how to play it and nothing else

it has been and will still be the strongest tech tree t10 in the game since it's release because it can reliably hit shots at any range, hulldown and reliably pixel snipe and sidescrape while being able to fire back against anything but HE and 160mm+ guns

that it gets spammed by arty a lot is not a solution or a situation that makes the tank any worse

any tank is dogshit when it gets spammed by arty, and you solve it by more defensive positioning which is what the sconq is so strong at anyway

i think ur not valuing the ability to hold any position and remain insanely hard to push enough, sconq is honestly just as defensive of a tank as an e3 and it doesnt work very well for pushing but it does work insanely well for poke trades and farming tanks trying to push into it and that's how you play it

it's one of the tanks that benefits more from playing losing engagements rather than winning ones and while it's not a concept a lot of people play towards this is where you see people get absolutely insane averages on the sconq

the chieftain is a decent example of a tank that trades that same defensive ability for a more aggressive one because of the gun handling tradeoff for better mobility

it is actually impossible to push an sconq at 300m unless your entire team is doing it with you, that's why it's so strong

13 hours ago, tajj7 said:

I agree. I have no issues facing a S.conq with any tank. Even the shitty AMX M4 51. I tried it on Ranked battles and I was getting battered by HEAT on the turret. everything well aimed penned. The gun mantlet is a weakspot too. I played WZ-111-A5 afterwards and its turret can withstand more punishment.

Anyway RIP STB 1.

360dmg on a paper, slow med. 

@Kolni sums SConq up pretty well. I still think the SConq is pretty stupid and should be nerfed.

Not to mention the Type 4/5 nerf is gonna indirectly buff it. Right now one of the best (or well, should I say ”one of the only”) counters to SConq is a prem HE type5 because it can blast it for 600 even when hulldown. And since the derp gun is as good as dead next patch, especially when any Type 5 with brain is going to use the 14cm now, thats a whole two tanks less to worry about.

I know people who also doesn’t like playing it but it’s mostly because the playstyle isn’t for everyone. It’s not retardproof like some other broken tier 10s. You don’t push people, you punish people that push into you. It might not be only hulldown tank at tier 10 but none of them have a full package of ridiculous turret armor, ridiculous gun and -10 gun depression. And unlike most heavily hulldown based tanks, it can still fight corners because it has high HP pool and it can actually sidescrape. Fun to play or not, it’s pretty toxic (it’s probably or at least was the most unhealthy tank for Ranked meta considering how hard it was spammed there) and with Type 5, Shitbarn and now 430U getting nerfed, it absolutely should be the next tank on the chopping block.

1 hour ago, leggasiini said:

Fun to play or not, it’s pretty toxic (it’s probably or at least was the most unhealthy tank for Ranked meta considering how hard it was spammed there) and with Type 5, 

TBH im scared to play the next season of Ranked, another round of S,conq spam mixed in with Chieftains (and possibly the reworked Kran) wont be fun by any means. i suspect it will literally be a season of Hulldown cancer where people end up resorting to HE/HESH anyway. I wont say that the type 5 or anyother HE tank (4005/183) being a counter to them is a good thing as the vehicles are overall broken and toxic for game play, but i do see your point.  

Though TBH we all knew this was coming, solving/nerfing the one problem of the HE Tank Meta was only going to shift the Crown jewel of Cancer to another broken aspect of the game: Hulldown tanks

i also find it comical that within the same patch that High tier HE tanks are being butchered, Another Hulldown tank is being added along with the Kran being made more viable/playable for pubs/Ranked.  

23 minutes ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

TBH im scared to play the next season of Ranked, another round of S,conq spam mixed in with Chieftains (and possibly the reworked Kran) wont be fun by any means. i suspect it will literally be a season of Hulldown cancer where people end up resorting to HE/HESH anyway. I wont say that the type 5 or anyother HE tank (4005/183) being a counter to them is a good thing as the vehicles are overall broken and toxic for game play, but i do see your point.  

Though TBH we all knew this was coming, solving/nerfing the one problem of the HE Tank Meta was only going to shift the Crown jewel of Caner to another broken aspect of the game: Hulldown tanks

i also find it comical that within the same patch that High tier HE tanks are being butchered, Another Hulldown tank is being added along with the Kran being made more viable/playable for pubs/Ranked.  

Yeah, HE tanks are cancer, but it says how fucked up the meta is at tier 10 when some tanks are almost like balanced around it.

Ranked is going to be a mess, though with the new XP system I suspect that there’s going to be at least some variety compared to previous seasons. Guess I’ll just play 60TP and spam hulldown SConqs and other shits with HE :serb: 

17 hours ago, tajj7 said:

But best in class pen, aim time, and accuracy, higher alpha than most other tier 10 meds,

Don’t get me wrong, great that it’s getting some love. But its great aim time is offset by its bloom. So actual aiming will go from pure aids to decent; not best in class. And final accuracy doesn’t mean shit in this game as far as I can tell. Likely shell distribution within the reticle is all that matters over medium and long ranges, especially once armour is added to the mix.

3 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Yeah, HE tanks are cancer, but it says how fucked up the meta is at tier 10 when some tanks are almost like balanced around it.

Ranked is going to be a mess, though with the new XP system I suspect that there’s going to be at least some variety compared to previous seasons. Guess I’ll just play 60TP and spam hulldown SConqs and other shits with HE :serb: 

chieftains will render your HE pretty much worthless because they're 300mm+ everywhere on the turret so even if HE seeks the weakest spot of the impact area (not sure if they changed this, i remember something being said about it long ago but honestly can't be bothered to look it up) so you're going to hit them for roughly 100-200 damage with HE on that high of a caliber shell

chieftain v chieftain are going to hit eachother for 40-50 damage on average

have fun in ranked merons :jebaited: