Deus__Ex__Machina

Premium VK 75.01 (K) (What is PowerCreep?)

3 hours ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

Apparently we're done with armor creep premiums, now it's on to alpha creep.

alpha creep is all around us. the new swedish T10 med gets 440 alpha. the 430U gets 440 alpha. the 121's singular defining feature has since been obsoleted. the IS-3 used to have the highest tier 8 heavy alpha at 390. that used to be high.

13 hours ago, hiipanda said:

I never mentioned the e75, so i don't know why you're bringing it up.

Amx 49 has 250 turret front with a weak commader's hatch and a strong ufp. It could be same with the vk 7501 commander's hatch since the values for it haven't come out yet.

Cos its the standard response when everyone mentions that line and moving tanks, they say move all the tanks down with their stock guns basically when its really not needed. 

The only tank in that line that is really struggling is the Tiger 2, the rest are fine or would be fine with some slight tweaks (i.e E100).

German cupolas never seem to be that weak and that one does not look very big. Plus the M4 49, has a crap handling 300 alpha gun. Also the upper plate of this thing is probably stronger than the M4 49s, which is about 230 - 240 effective, this is 180mm, and the E75's upper plate is only 160mm, so I reckon this thing is going to have about 270-280 effectiveness on the upper plate and it'll be able to angle, whereas the M4 49 has shoulders which weaken it when angling. 

I am fulling predicting that this thing's lower plate is going to be over 200 effective straight on that cupola is going to be the only weakspot frontally and it's not going to big or that weak. 

IMO pretty much armour, mobility, alpha, and gun handling would need nerfing on this tank to make it balanced, it's basically a tier 9 tank with tier 8 hit points and penetration. 

16 hours ago, tajj7 said:

IMO pretty much armour, mobility, alpha, and gun handling would need nerfing on this tank to make it balanced, it's basically a tier 9 tank with tier 8 hit points and penetration. 

So, basically, its perfect as a tier 8 premium?

On 5/1/2019 at 11:41 PM, Tman450 said:

alpha creep is all around us. the new swedish T10 med gets 440 alpha. the 430U gets 440 alpha. the 121's singular defining feature has since been obsoleted. the IS-3 used to have the highest tier 8 heavy alpha at 390. that used to be high.

when everyone gets a buff, no one is buffed

IMO E75 cannot go to tier 8 - this would be obviously absurd. I can see two possible solutions:

1) Give Germans historical pen values. Currently, Germans have 30-degree pen values. 88/71 should have ~230mm pen, 105/68 should have ~250. This would help them counter the increase in T8 bunkers. Give them better accuracy, bloom, etc. (particularly tiger II) to allow them to be powerful support heavies.

2) Shift Tiger I to tier 6 (L/56), Tiger II Tier 7 (L/71), with historical engines and stuff. Put in E 50 (H) as Tier 8 (or some other plausible Tiger II replacement, E 75 Ausf. A with weakened hull armor?) with stronger tiger II turret and 105/68. This would make the Tigers play more as true heavies at their tiers and be viable without weird ahistorical weaponry and engines. 

1 hour ago, conjay810 said:

historical

Can we just accept the fact that there's nothing historical about the game to begin with? Historical accuracy is not and cannot be an argument for anything related to gameplay.

On 5/2/2019 at 5:41 AM, Tman450 said:

Actually that would have been the T34 (which also sacrificed basically everything besides penetration to get that alpha).

34 minutes ago, nemlengyel said:

Actually that would have been the T34 (which also sacrificed basically everything besides penetration to get that alpha).

The T34 was tier 9 back in the days I'm talking about. But at some point yes, same issue.

On 5/6/2019 at 1:15 PM, conjay810 said:

IMO E75 cannot go to tier 8 - this would be obviously absurd. I can see two possible solutions:

1) Give Germans historical pen values. Currently, Germans have 30-degree pen values. 88/71 should have ~230mm pen, 105/68 should have ~250. This would help them counter the increase in T8 bunkers. Give them better accuracy, bloom, etc. (particularly tiger II) to allow them to be powerful support heavies.

2) Shift Tiger I to tier 6 (L/56), Tiger II Tier 7 (L/71), with historical engines and stuff. Put in E 50 (H) as Tier 8 (or some other plausible Tiger II replacement, E 75 Ausf. A with weakened hull armor?) with stronger tiger II turret and 105/68. This would make the Tigers play more as true heavies at their tiers and be viable without weird ahistorical weaponry and engines. 

No shit.

They aren't even historical pen values. 

No. Their positions are fine as is with WarGay physics.

Like I said earlier. The solution to buff Tiger II isn't just to make it another DPM aids hose that can always kill you in 5 hits, and has a turret that forces you to shoot gold into it. Or make it spam armor.

I think, this idea of mine has merit

Reduce the frontal turret vulnerabilities; the cheeks, bolster the turret face (a bit, say, to 200mm) and buff gun bloom, followed by the 900 hp engine that could only work in WarGay dreams.

On 5/6/2019 at 2:31 PM, Haswell said:

Can we just accept the fact that there's nothing historical about the game to begin with? Historical accuracy is not and cannot be an argument for anything related to gameplay.

To begin with, his idea isn't even 'Historical', especially when taking into account armor angle affects. 

Historical accuracy... Was probably a good thing. Its like if the GOT show stayed with their source material. 

9gag-horse-game-of-thrones.jpg

This is because, like the show writers, except probably even worse, they don't know how to balance by themselves.

As we all know the amazing successes of the Wargay balance department, reducing their hand in the development of tanks should be done at all times.

Historical is best used as a basis for a buff to an underperforming vehicle, but not as a basis to deny a buff to an underperforming vehicle, is a sentiment I think we can agree with.

seems like this tank is going to be released soon, as reports form the official EU forum say they have seen CCs driving around with it. 

Sadly tanks.gg is still bugged when it comes to armor. But there are alternatives. 

http://wotinspector.com/en/webapp?targetVehicleId=56081,59410,51731,34836&mode=xray.armor&platform=pc

And some RU video showing it

Only 50mm side armor :poi:

It's out today on EU, bought one because at the moment its absurdly cheap at £25, which is cheaper than many of the meds, and I'm wondering whether WG has made an error.

No idea whether its any good, though on paper the turret looks decent enough, looks to be a strong sidescraper and it looks fairly mobile for a German super heavy, plus whilst the gun handling is crap, its 490 alpha on tier 8 with decent pen. 

It seems the alpha is the only good thing about it. Watched Skill try out the armor. Lower plate seems to be a proper weakspot, as well as the cupola. And I'm fine with that. It might be cheaper than many other tanks but it's a pass from me. I don't like slow heavies, and if I get the urge I have the Lowe and Defender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJGSkjRklTQ

5 hours ago, Kymrel said:

It seems the alpha is the only good thing about it. Watched Skill try out the armor. Lower plate seems to be a proper weakspot, as well as the cupola. And I'm fine with that. It might be cheaper than many other tanks but it's a pass from me. I don't like slow heavies, and if I get the urge I have the Lowe and Defender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJGSkjRklTQ

200mm lower plate cries in Tiger II

1 hour ago, Tman450 said:

It's still over 200mm effective though.

no actually 

its about 190mm on flat terrain/equal ground. dosen't hit 200+ unless your angling it.

Working armor model here:

https://armor.wotinspector.com/?targetVehicleId=56081,59410,51731,34836&mode=xray.armor&platform=pc

21 hours ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

no actually 

its about 190mm on flat terrain/equal ground. dosen't hit 200+ unless your angling it.

Working armor model here:

https://armor.wotinspector.com/?targetVehicleId=56081,59410,51731,34836&mode=xray.armor&platform=pc

Wow that's weaker than I thought, sorry bb. I thought we had another Defender LFP on our hands.