Great gun for a tier 8. As for the hydraulic suspension: it does allow you to get some funky shots off. But over all it just feels gimmicky and can make brawling awkward af. It feels poorly implemented tbh. 

Good tank regardless though. Just not a jack of all trades.

From what I've seen in streams it plays the middle ground between a medium and a td.

Armour seems trash though, as the Leo 105 has no problem penetrating it from every angle.

Yeah zero armour. Can’t emphasise enough how good the gun is though. Tier 9 handling with good for tier 8 pen. I’m surprised this wasn’t the premium tank instead of the Lancen, considering recent p2w offerings have seemed to more resemble the top tiers than their tech tree equivalent (S1, Pog 46, etc).

Tier 9 seems godly (watched Yzne trying to mark it), armour + great gun and good camo as well.

I'm about to unlock the tier 8, still missing 15k or something (with another 84k to grind for the emil), what would be the best upgrade path? Considering I'll probably only play it in skirmishes until elite or at least playable in pubs.

Alright, I've finally finished the Leo grind with a whopping 1 victory in 10 games.

Currently have the tracks and top 90mm, mobility isn't bad with the stock engine.

450m view range with bia, optics and an almost full situational awareness (86%) and a whopping 34.97/26.98 camo values with 100% camo and paint. Not quite 416 levels, but still, 35% camo on a medium isn't bad at all!

Armour is troll, on paper it's thin, in reality it bounces quite a few rounds due to the angle

The hydraulic suspension takes some time to get used to, especially if one has never really played the TD line and is used to the Patton line (t20 and above).

Overall it's a nice addition to the game, at least it's not a super armoured brick with 1500 alpha HE or a rng slot machine.

EDIT: get the engine ASAP, this tank needs mobility.

Just over 50 games in, I have to say I like this tank. I'd prefer a front mounted turret and regular 10 degrees of gun depression, but I can work with this. The gun is the true highlight of this tank. The alpha and shell velocity is awesome. The accuracy less so, but it's no worse than many of the 240 alpha tanks. Mine sits at .34 with my BIA crew and consumables, so better than the .36 on the Korean Patton, for example. It's just that with 9.5 seconds reload you need to wait longer when you miss and have more time to curse the RNG.

I'm not completely sure if this is a keeper or not. Depends on the tier 9, I should think. I can see how this could be a comfortable tank to play in Frontlines, with decent pen, alpha and shell velocity, but that remains to be seen I guess.

Also, best game was over 1200 raw xp and I still have only the 2nd class mastery badge. There are some purple unicorns playing the hell out of this tank right now.

1 hour ago, Kymrel said:

I'm not completely sure if this is a keeper or not.

I got the tier 9 yesterday and after a few games sold the 14 5. Mainly because I refuse to play it with a shit crew. The 16’s gun is a bit of a side-grade: slight pen buff but 200-odd m/s slower shell velocity.  But it has workable armour so the siege mode starts making more sense. Already had a game where I bounced over 3200 which could never happen in the 14 5.

Looking forward to tanks.gg getting its armour models sorted for this line so I can get a better sense of what I can really get away with.

My 16 bounced a jpe yesterday tho that was ideal angle. But if you give them time to aim your right side hatch thing is pennable by about 210mm.

4 minutes ago, monjardin said:

Who cares about the armor? It can poke pretty quickly with 440 alpha. I’ll take that over the troll Pershing turret with 240 alpha. 

360 alpha on the 8.

Definitely a keeper for me, The air suspension seems clunky at first but once you get the hang of its foibles it allows great ridge line abuse.

Honestly it's a rare example example of WG not dumbing down the game, so that it rewards skillful play and punishes you if you don't play it smart.

Bounces a surprising amount, albeit you never rely on it to.

The gun is just  awesome,  only the lowish RoF stops it being OP. Good candidate for improved rammer if you want to troll hard.