sohojacques

UDES 16

Just bought it.

Free exp'd the gun and turret.

Can't comment on mobility because the only game I've played in it was on prok, parked my ass on the middle ridge and farmed the hill. The gun feels exactly the same as the t8 and the DPM increase (faster reload and more alpha) is nice to have.

Typical wedge technology, immune to low calibers but anything big and scary autopens.

What should I unlock first?

Tracks or engine?

See what I said 2 days ago?

I take it all back.

The armour is a joke, that strip at the front of the hull is 70mm and is flat, tier 5s can pen you there. Sides are 3x overmatch for Russian 122s so Sidescraping isn't an option.

WG could have given it a good gun but nope, hits the dirt even fully aimed + shell velocity is poor. Penetration is bad and requires so much gold spam it's not even fun.

I have swapped vstab for vents in a desperate attempt at making the gun less potato.

As with the tier 8, it needs to camo snipe for half the match and then yolo rush the last HP remaining.

Recently just finished the grind, early in 2020. It's not a bad tank, per say, but boy do I suck in it.

On paper, it is an upgrade on the tier 8. You get some usable armour, the gun is upgraded and keep most of the same general benefits with the suspension allowing great ridge-line work etc. However, as others have noted, while the gun is upgraded, it doesn't feel like a particularly great upgrade. You go from having potentially the best medium gun in the tier to one that is probably below average, with an average gold round and only marginally better penetration, and much, much worse gun-handling. The gun handling in particular I think is what breaks the tank for me, hard to snipe into weak-points from range, but lacks the raw penetration to punch through, and with the funky suspension quirks, it can take a long time to zero in the shot. The armour is definitely a plus, especially when going against same and lower-tier mediums and lights which you can entice a lot of funky bounces. Low HP means if you screw up you can be killed very quickly. It's okay, but feels like a downgrade from the tier 8. Not a keeper.

105 games, abysmal 45.71% win rate (worst of all my tier 9 tanks, even worse than my cursed Standard B, and almost worst even among my tier 8 tanks too) and only 1,610 average damage with 589 average assist. Worst of my tier 9 tanks by some margin, and worse than some of my tier 8 tanks too. Just does not click for me. I might hang onto it and try to improve the stats, but it doesn't feel much fun.