Sapros

Ranked Battles 2019 Edition

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/ranked-battles-2019-season-1/

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/content/docs/ranked-battles-2019-season-1-regulations/

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/content/guide/general/ranked_battles/

I find all this very confusing. So leagues are basically irrelevant since the rewards you get from them are temporary? 

Can't quite figure out if it's worth the pain or not.

15 minutes ago, Kolni said:

Nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope

all i see is "No Pen" because with all of the hulldown tanks there will be in this years ranked, your gonna be better off shooting primarily HE.

Also RiP NA/SEA for having ranked canceled (though that may not be such a bad thing)

@Sapros as for whether or not ranked its worth it? No.

Only things that would be worth it would be the possibility of a good tier 9 tank (note the word "possibility" because we have zero info on the vehicle and it could end up being trash-mediocre) or the Bonds for the sake of the tanks for bond feature and whether or not there will be any worth while tanks for purchase there.  

Bonds shop is a meme, it'll never happen.

I may play ranked just for this

Screenshot_20190519-164033_1.thumb.jpg.89346aeb83b0b5dc4bcf58c06ada73a4.jpg

as finally WG realized team damage is just dumb. Hope they implement it in pubs as well.

23 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

Bonds shop is a meme, it'll never happen.

as finally WG realized team damage is just dumb. Hope they implement it in pubs as well.

They are still morons. If they are cutting out friendly fire why leave stun?

On 5/19/2019 at 5:54 PM, WhatTheSkara said:

Doesn't matter. I still got pushed out in front of an enemy t57 by a friendly... 

Because they still haven't realized how much of a cancer mechanic arty is.

By the way, I played 2 games today and I got enough Ebola to not play the mode ever again. Hulldown tanks spamming gold and HE at each other for 15 minutes. That's it. Many skills involved, much dynamic gameplay.

It is absolutely horrible, its pretty much the worst of WOTs captured in one game mode.

Your progress is also basically dependent on the luck you get with teams, if you get screwed over with 5 crap teams in a row good luck making any progress.

Has same issue as WOWs ranked, but that at least has less players so 1 player makes more a difference, but there is little you can do if you get swarmed by like 10 meta tanks because their team has lemming trained and your hasn't. 

Cancer confirmed.  HT everywhere, gold spam everywhere, arty everywhere.  Reminds me why I play mostly at T9.  Last match last night was the final straw - north spawn on Prok I was the only person to go hill whilst the entire team sat on the 1 line camping and screaming at me for not spotting.......

I am playing with my batchat because thats the only tank I haven't sold (years ago when I left wot). Now that I'm back I find this tier 10 exclusive shitshow a great place to relearn the game and I dont spend much credits with the bat either. I dont have to worry about gold spam cuz I have no armor, I dont give a fuck about new tanks with op frontal armor cuz I fire apcr at the sides anyway. Its weird but I like it.

If they nerfed all tanks globaly by 30% - 50% the game would be way less annoying.

I think I'll give it a go tomorrow.

Haven't played the game outside of FL for quite some time. Except for reward tanks, what's the best there is for ranked these days?

430U and Super Conq probably the two most effective 'regular' tanks, IS7 does ok.

T95/4201 is massively the best tank for the mode though, all the highest ranked players have used this almost exclusively.  Then you see lots of 279es, 907s and 260s. 

I am making the best progress with the UDES 15/16, it's like a 430U that works better on ridges but worst on the flat.

Progress once you get out of qualification is easier because of the daily doubles, you can use up to 5 tanks per day, so can basically double your chevron gain in 5 battles, so if you get a 2 chevron game, that becomes 4, so its worth having 5 options to use just for that.

Also kill steal like a bitch, kills give absurd XP, like 1 kill does more XP than like 1.5k damage pretty much. 3k damage on a win will get you top 10, but 3k damage and 2/3kills will get you top 3 most of the time. 

Same on a loss to save not losing a chevron, try to bag a kill or two, it'll make the difference. 

16 hours ago, tajj7 said:

T95/4201 is massively the best tank for the mode though, all the highest ranked players have used this almost exclusively.  Then you see lots of 279es, 907s and 260s. 

The chieftain is a double edged sword for me. Fun when it works but the gun is so bad. Doesn't pen anything on distance and up close it always derps and doesn't even hit the target. Half the times I'm missing, I'm like "where the hell did that go". 279s are pretty annoying when you don't have HEAT on even ground.

Having trouble going up. I'm not used in camping. And passive play is what gets you chevrons in this mode unfortunately. Exploiting your teammates to get that losing chevron or retain. 

8 hours ago, kariverson said:

The chieftain is a double edged sword for me. Fun when it works but the gun is so bad. Doesn't pen anything on distance and up close it always derps and doesn't even hit the target. Half the times I'm missing, I'm like "where the hell did that go". 279s are pretty annoying when you don't have HEAT on even ground.

Having trouble going up. I'm not used in camping. And passive play is what gets you chevrons in this mode unfortunately. Exploiting your teammates to get that losing chevron or retain. 

I'm generally seeing though that the team with more of them, tends to win, especially if there is any sort of hull down battle, they are just impossible to shift unless the player over peeks (which to be fair I see even some very very good players do often), and they are fast enough to contest these positions early. 

You don't need to camp (IF you have something with armour) but you need to very early recognise when things are going to go tits up, if the flank is looking overloaded, you need to go and this is why I ditched the Super Conq, it just couldn't get out of those situations enough.

Its why I am liking the UDES, on ridge battles its almost as good as Super Conqueror at bouncing, but its also fast and stealthy enough to get away and relocate. Plus it doesn't have to brawl because that is funnily not its role, even though its got this amazing turret, it is counted as one of the support meds, so role XP comes in the form of spots I think and doing damage within view range, so you can quite happily fall back and snipe.

Plus its absurd camo and low profile actually makes it a decent scout, so it has that flexibility to do that in the right maps and situations. 

I've also seen that people will push together, but it needs a lot of things going for it to happen, everyone is very apprehensive of being the first and getting wrecked.

Since out of qualification and switching to the UDES my progress has been decent, in div 3 so far I have earned 28 chevrons and only dropped 7, plus in qualification my luck with teams was horrible, win rate dropped to below 40% at one point so progressing was really tough as I was losing so many games, but back around 50%

The meta I think will only get worst next time to be honest, rumours are another CW campaign is happening in the summer so more people will get Chieftains and 907s, more people will also have 279e by the time the next ranked comes around so I expect we'll see teams of nothing but these tanks next time. 

3 hours ago, tajj7 said:

I'm generally seeing though that the team with more of them, tends to win, especially if there is any sort of hull down battle, they are just impossible to shift unless the player over peeks (which to be fair I see even some very very good players do often), and they are fast enough to contest these positions early. 

You don't need to camp (IF you have something with armour) but you need to very early recognise when things are going to go tits up, if the flank is looking overloaded, you need to go and this is why I ditched the Super Conq, it just couldn't get out of those situations enough.

Its why I am liking the UDES, on ridge battles its almost as good as Super Conqueror at bouncing, but its also fast and stealthy enough to get away and relocate. Plus it doesn't have to brawl because that is funnily not its role, even though its got this amazing turret, it is counted as one of the support meds, so role XP comes in the form of spots I think and doing damage within view range, so you can quite happily fall back and snipe.

Plus its absurd camo and low profile actually makes it a decent scout, so it has that flexibility to do that in the right maps and situations. 

I've also seen that people will push together, but it needs a lot of things going for it to happen, everyone is very apprehensive of being the first and getting wrecked.

Since out of qualification and switching to the UDES my progress has been decent, in div 3 so far I have earned 28 chevrons and only dropped 7, plus in qualification my luck with teams was horrible, win rate dropped to below 40% at one point so progressing was really tough as I was losing so many games, but back around 50%

The meta I think will only get worst next time to be honest, rumours are another CW campaign is happening in the summer so more people will get Chieftains and 907s, more people will also have 279e by the time the next ranked comes around so I expect we'll see teams of nothing but these tanks next time. 

I'm close to 279 for many months now, I just stopped playing all together. Going to be interesting to try. UDES sounds fun. I might try to grind it if I ever have time for normal WOT again. But Ranked even as they are now are still more fun than randoms.

Can definitely recommend the UDES, grind is ok to it, though the best is definitely the tier 10. The tier 8 has no armour and the tier 9 has terrible pen. 

10 hours ago, Sapros said:

I've not touched the game in what feels like ages.

Are 277 and 5A competitive in this mode?

Yep, pretty competitive! Good tanks to rank up :feelsgoodman:

Indeed, they worked well up to a point. In Division 1 they can get rather frustrating. But I guess that's just the nature of high tier ranked battles. 

I guess the % needed to finish in gold league keeps going down slowly but surely? Maybe there's something I missed.