Assassin7

My thoughts on the game as current, and why I don't play as much any more.

1 hour ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

I just want to add something about why tanks is boring as fuck now: the tanks have gone unchanged for so long that there are no questions to be answered anymore. Back in the day every other patch would change 30ish tanks with several stat changes on average. There was a constant churning of buffing and nerfing occurring. And even if they didn't get it all right, at least the constant flux meant there was a lot of new things to try out. That was the biggest excitement of patch day, to test the changes to see what tanks are the new winners and losers.

Now, you can look at the tank lineup and know which team has the advantage. The tanks have gone without adjustment for so long that the game is stale, predictable, and dreary. It's not just that the balance is bad, though it is, it's that it's been bad and unchanged for so long that everything has been settled. I just counted all my tanks in tier 5, which is my most played tier. Only 4 are winners. Another 9 I would call playable. 44 are useless, noncompetitive garbage. 75% of the content in the game is not even really content, basically.

So now my tank ritual when I get the urge is that I log in, I play 2 or 3 stupidly overpowered tanks that have been absurd for years now, and then I'm bored. The decent tanks are boring, the overpowered tanks are SUPER boring, and I actually want to play the lame tanks but know I'll just get frustrated and rage quit because they suck.

If WG just starting making sweeping shuffles of all the tanks' stats the game would at least be interesting again.

Its because WG have stupidly adopted a "no nerfs, only buffs" strategy, because apparently they're really scared of the 5 people that complain bitterly that their overpowered tank got nerfed. Yet they're forgetting about the entire rest of the playerbase being glad it got nerfed because it wad ruining the game.

So instead they start releasing other tanks as powerful as that one so it looks less OP by comparison. 

I mean they cancelled the 430U nerf for christ sake, a nerf that was heavily deserved. The 268v4s nerf was a literal slap on the wrist and its still grossly OP.

4 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

Its because WG have stupidly adopted a "no nerfs, only buffs" strategy, because apparently they're really scared of the 5 people that complain bitterly that their overpowered tank got nerfed. Yet they're forgetting about the entire rest of the playerbase being glad it got nerfed because it wad ruining the game.

So instead they start releasing other tanks as powerful as that one so it looks less OP by comparison. 

I mean they cancelled the 430U nerf for christ sake, a nerf that was heavily deserved. The 268v4s nerf was a literal slap on the wrist and its still grossly OP.

But yet, WG nerfed the Type 5 and other tanks, I'm sure we could list if we cared to give some thought,  into near uselessness. WG will nerf tanks but how or why is a mystery. 

6 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

I mean they cancelled the 430U nerf for christ sake, a nerf that was heavily deserved. The 268V4s nerf was a literal slap on the wrist and its still grossly OP.

How come when I say something like this, and yes I say the same stuff as this all the time,  everyone erupts into argument. Really have no clue as to why. The message is the same. 

Tanks like T3485M, obj 252,  268 V 4 are clearly bad tanks for the game. The entire Japanese heavy line too. Even Type 4/5 splashing stuff for two-hundred nowadays, I still hate the vehicle because of the simplicity. I am willing to set aside powerful tanks like SU13PM, Skorp G, progetto and lorraine, Crom B, Type 64 because of their significant flaws they otherwise have despite their potential  --  forcing the users to thoroughly understand the game or be punished for it. Same thing goes with tanks like  'oi'   AKA the differences between dominating in a forgiving light tank like LT432, vs doing it in M41GF. 

Why  was  the  'oi'  nerfed, but KV2 remain untouched? But in all seriousness, the nerfs weren't much at all and the japanese juggernaut is still a big problem tier 6. M44  &  SU8 with their ridiculous DPM for SPGs left alone too, but they nerf GW Pan? 

Take for example T62A, a modest tank out of meta. The only reason T62A is out of meta, is because object med tanks exist better than it. Remove them, and all of a sudden T62A becomes the new med meta, which is still way better and more versatile than other nations meds. Same goes for 113, another modest tank out of meta. Remove WZ5A / 277 / missions reward object or CW FV421....and all of a sudden 113 is legitimate again.  

On 8/11/2019 at 2:49 PM, Hellsfog said:

But yet, WG nerfed the Type 5 and other tanks, I'm sure we could list if we cared to give some thought,  into near uselessness. WG will nerf tanks but how or why is a mystery. 

Im happy they nerfed the type 5. that pile of skillless crap can go die in the fire it came from

oi,  Type 4 and 5, were recently nerfed, but no where near into uselessness. The type 5 nerf put it on the sidelines for CW for sure, that is probably why a tonne of orange, yellow, and green clan-base are complaining so much, because their dominant tank comp is gone. Figures. In ranked battles, it sucks too because all tier X environment where it does laughable splash dmg to peer superheavy tanks. But on the other hand, with +2/-2 MM still a thing, Type 4 and 5 completely shits on lower tiers now with 192 pen HESH. So it does not need to splash tanks like panther ll or Pershing for six hundred dmg anymore, it outright penetrates them for nine hundred. Adding to that, it got notable gun control stats tacked on to it, and it is now slightly quicker.   oi nerfs of twenty HE damage was laughable, the tank is still a menace, it still one-shots many tier 6 & 7, and still annoys most tier 8. 

FV4K5 was hit fairly hard in the same patch of nerfs, but unlike Type 5, didn't gain any compromises. Which is incredibly retarded, as FV4K5 is tremendously more difficult to play than Type 5. The problem were the one-shots and high dupe shot HE dmg. By looking how they nerfed Type, Wth was with the nerfs for 4K5? Makes no damn sense, they removed the HE menace on Type, but then.....decided to leave it on 4K5 but rape the actual characteristics of the tank itself? WG is fucking lol sometimes. So you have a DPM of 2,398 (AP) and fire rate of 2, with dmg of  1.15/1.75K. All they needed to do, was lower alpha to 1.1/1.45K and increase fire rate to 2.1, and the AP  DPM stays the same. Remove the retarded HESH shell and give it high pen APCR like TDs such as jag tiger and TE3/4. So you have same AP, 395 pen APCR, and perhaps 152 pen high pen HE shell like Badger or Chieftain. AP / APCR become the normal ammo type people end up using, as 152 won't be able to penetrate too much of tier X, and shitters that still don't know how to aim  (or don't want to)  can still splash things randomly, although with weaker HE rounds. 

in all honesty, they can also fully restore Grille to its former self too. With all the fast heavy tanks, buffed lS7, buffed obj missions tank, EBRs  -  grille isn't really all too hot in the metagame.  

9 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

Im happy they nerfed the type 5. that pile of skillless crap can go die in the fire it came from

I'm not shedding a tear for the type 5. I was observing that WG does nerf tanks and doesn't seem to mind nerfing some tanks into oblivion.   I suppose WG's definition of over or under performing is flexible. 

P.S. Should I make my p0st longer with drivel. I feel that the thing is to make l0ng pointless p0sts and nob0dy reads. 

1 hour ago, Hellsfog said:

I'm not shedding a tear for the type 5. I was observing that WG does nerf tanks and doesn't seem to mind nerfing some tanks into oblivion.   I suppose WG's definition of over or under performing is flexible.  

It's about population balance, not game balance. If landcancers are so good that people only play landcancers, then non-landcancers won't get played enough.

It's probably also a ploy to not make Chieftains and other reward tanks look terrible in comparison. :doge:

OKAY! I have split all whatever the hell Dirizon and you others have been arguing about from this thread because all of that isn't really on topic to this thread any more. And holy fucking shit I was having to do it one post at a time UNTIL I WAS 5 POSTS AWAY FROM FINISHING AND FOUND THE GOD DAMN WAY TO DO THEM ALL AT ONCE GOD FUCKING DAMMIT. @Haswell I blame you for this. 

anyway, that thread is here: 

I legit had no idea what you are discussing since I didnt bother reading literally any of the giant walls of text, so yeah. have at it there and leave this thread for this topic. 

1 hour ago, Assassin7 said:

OKAY! I have split all whatever the hell Dirizon and you others have been arguing about from this thread because all of that isn't really on topic to this thread any more. And holy fucking shit I was having to do it one post at a time UNTIL I WAS 5 POSTS AWAY FROM FINISHING AND FOUND THE GOD DAMN WAY TO DO THEM ALL AT ONCE GOD FUCKING DAMMIT. @Haswell I blame you for this. 

anyway, that thread is here: 

I legit had no idea what you are discussing since I didnt bother reading literally any of the giant walls of text, so yeah. have at it there and leave this thread for this topic. 

Dear badmin,

Can you please in the name of the English language edit all his 0s into Os and Is into Is?

Regards,
A denizen of a (mostly) ded forum.

2 minutes ago, lavawing said:

Dear badmin,

Can you please in the name of the English language edit all his 0s into Os and Is into Is?

Regards,
A denizen of a (mostly) ded forum.

you know how long that would take? 

FOR FUCKING EVER

5 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

That hurts. I read your giant wall of text. Every word.

But I am all for back on topic. 

--Make RNG 6-8%, basically 1/4 to 1/3 of what it is now. More skill is shown, less randomness.

--MM spread to +1/-1 tier. People will love the game alot more especially new players. It is fairer for everyone. 

--Since WG has placed options and settings, to opt out of maps of your choosing and to remove encounter/assault, they really should add the option to opt out of SPGs in matches. People can play their SPGs by not checking this so called select box, SPGs certainly remain and no one loses their work. Make SPG limits per team to 1 vehicle only. 

--2 light tank limit per side. I was watching a skill4ltu battle on empires border, and he was mentioning how poisonous a flood of light tanks can be for teams and games. Light tanks have very broken properties of being insanely small so they can use very small bushes and still hide, having insane camo and keeping while moving, and they have very comfortable soft statistics such as terrain resists and dispersion. This results in their out-of-world acceleration and them being responsible for alot of the snap shots. Limit tank destroyers to 2 as well, although I don't think they are as problematic as LT or SPG. Just to be fair, limiting all the support classes so they don't stagnate games. 

--Reduce max crew skills available in tiers 1-2-3-4  to 3 crew skills only these low tiers. Quickybaby touched on this, this effectively removes alot of low tier bullying and preying on new players. Re-vamp and add learning materials to WG tanks tutorials. Someone with 15K battles in PzB2 or T127 or Pz1C with 7 crew skills should not be allowed to be predatory in these low tiers where new gamers probably have an eighty percent crew only.

--Tone down camo. Camo is an important part of the game, I understand. But tanks like E25, or Strv, certain LT have too much and make games stale. 

--Better map design to promote fluidity and battling for forward positions, not sitting back in op perches near spawn and camping. For example sand river, El Halleuf, Ghost town, Studzianka, Fishermans Bay, Glacier. 

--make weak spots a thing again. Tanks like Badger, Maus, Types, obj 268 V 4, TE3 have too much frontal protection, some even have too much side protection. Super Conq commanders cupola was made auto bounce angle, instead of how conqueror or FV21B cupola are actual weak spots. IS6 and T3485M have drivers hatches, with more armour than hull. This just frustrates people, as they take the time to aim at what should be a weakness. It exists even low tier, tanks like oi, oho, AT8, 252, Liberte, TS5 just have too much armour. 

--Tank balancing. Who was the one who thought making T3485M the way it is now, would be a good idea? It has the armour of T43, but more DPM, a tier lower.  or making Defender go-to *weak* front plate, the strength of T54 or Tiger ll upper hull? Tanks like Type 64, Type 62, AMX 1357, LT432, M41GF, 252, Caern AX throw balance out of whack. CW obj med, mission reward obj hvy, CW Chieftain are too powerful too fast, replacing WZ5A-277-IS7. There are tonnes of these vehicles. What about the old tanks waiting for love, like T25/2 or T-34-2?  lS4 or E-Hundo? 

--WG being so disorganized since P1.-  They brought back tournaments, which is nice, but someone like Scorpiany would tell you how disorganized they are run. How many errors there are, people losing out. HD model that still don't render tanks more realistic, like leaving out super pershing cupola, or obj 263 cupola, Etc. Get your shit together?

--team design.  Putting an EBR and T- LT on one team and the other team gets Manti and panzer wagon? Nice.  one team gets IS4, E-Hundo, Type 5 on Malin or Prokh, the other team gets IS7, 113, Kran van. Nice. RU meds  VS  AMX and Cent AX.....I guess this is difficult to balance, but jesus it is frustrating to see.

--toning down high explosives as to remove it from being a crutch. But buffing min dmg HE, as to make it still relevant for clutch applications. For instance the damage taken from splashes and nonpen HE hits needs to be reduced, HE formula currently uses .5 dmg penalty immediately then other modifiers come into play. This number needs to be changed to .33 or .4 in the formula. Likewise, min dmg rolls on direct hits need to be put into place, like say five to ten percent. Bat Chat SPG hitting Maus or Type for zero dmg? Happens very often. Would it really be that bad, if a two tier lower 59-16 dealt 16 dmg to oho or 252 with an HE shell, and importantly reset cap or killed it when the super heavy had 8HP left..... instead of having it blocked for zero?

Back on track concerning my gripes with the game. Discuss.

Imo the frustration comes from things that largely are player driven. The game itself isn't that bad (apart from balance and maps) but most of the things that shit me are due to players who are clueless.

It is a pet peeve of mine, but I am sure it irritates loads of people. Tankers complain SPG ammo or vehicles like Type 4/5, Sheridan/T49 deal too much damage with HE splash effects.  with the other side, SPG complain that their ammo strikes super heavy tanks and deal zero dmg crits, only stunning the target. We have this show cased in 2 pictures, both sides of the coin. What we need is a balance in-between, making HE perform more predictably, less lethally, but still felt rather than blocked. I also included a portrait of WG current HE mechanic formula in use. 

SkillHE1.thumb.jpg.e36519802cc89dd7130ed40e3038c983.jpg

Nothing is done here at all. Much to the gripe of the SPG.

TRUVDHE2.jpg.b997dcca71b1ec6d7259cae8c8d1bed6.jpg

Too much dmg in my opinion is done here, for IS6 casually and lazily lobbing HE at close range, when it instead can easily aim at the HTC boob and deal nearly four hundred damage with AP at such brawling range. Alas, it uses a crutch in that it doesn't aim and snaps a  shot, for half damage at two hundred. 

1831716876_HECalc.jpg.c9f4ed8e798181b07423f6d066bd983d.jpg

Here is the forumula. Reduce the immediate *halving* of the HE shell damage, from .5  to a new lower number, like .35    Then with the other segment of the argument, introduce HE minimum damage on direct hits, to ten percent. So that SU-14-1 isn't dealing zero damage, with an entire seven hundred dmg HE shell totally getting blocked directly hitting the enemy. Make it do seventy, I see no problem with the compromise.

Image result for nuclear fallout epicenter

Something like this can be used, a normal explosion epicenter, to deal with non impacting splash damage hits. Hitting the target itself min ten percent value, near center mass reduces it to 5%, outlying areas reduce it to 2% rounding up always. 

With this all in mind, we have A)  HE doing less damage which infuriates people and is a crutch.  B)  HE not doing zero dmg, which promotes super heavy or +2 tier bullying, or failing to exploit purposeful mechanics like killing a low health tank or resetting cap. 

The game is routine. After all these years spent, maps seems too much position/route based - routes a.k.a heavies usually go there, meds there and whatnot tanks here. After accidentally watching skill4ltu video, it just kicked in my head once again. Dont know why, but deeply in my heart I want to compare WoT to BF3 (BF3 just because I spent dont know how many hours there) specifically in this matter.

Yes, BF3 is totally different game. It repeats maps too, but it had this freedom of movement. There was very little limitations. I could just go and shoot other players and have fun and not worry about some XP as much. But once again, its just completely different game.

Long time ago... things were the same. Type 59 was cancer when meeting in a tier 6. Leopard 1 was awful - it's more balanced now, if anything. Even longer ago, you could meet Maus in a tier 6. So you took a break and are no longer competitive. Blame the game!!! If it's so unbalanced, just play those unbalanced tanks and stomp everyone - see if it works.

On 8/23/2019 at 1:56 PM, punishersal said:

The game is routine. After all these years spent, maps seems too much position/route based - routes a.k.a heavies usually go there, meds there and whatnot tanks here.

This got to me eventually too. WG's map design philosophy changed (or just became more apparent) in 2014 or so to accommodate the idea that every class should have one specific flank on the map. It's so boring, and once WG finished their map transition with 1.0, all the fun was sucked out of the game for me. I was tired of doing the same thing every single game because it was so optimal that I might as well not have clicked battle if I tried otherwise.

I could go on forever about everything that went wrong, but at the end of the day it's just Wargaming's soulless take on game design that finally did the game in. They've been trying to squeeze the game dry since the day it released, but at least for those first few years they didn't know how. It just took them a few more years to implement everything on their checklist.

4 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

" every class should have one specific flank on the map. It's so boring."

This is exactly how I feel and yes fuck the 1.0 map changes. Every previously usable area is now covered by some shitty TD hill or bush that's so obvious, yet you have no choice. 

I despise probably 97% of the maps in the game and it's probably my biggest problem with the game. All the other shit aside, if I had an option on where to actually go I would enjoy the game 10x more.

Tier 8 already was having alpha creep with RHM. ISU should have gotten hammered but it didn't. 490 should have been max alpha in that tier I think for glass cannon TD. 390 for heavies.

The armor creep was there since the great German nerf, where they removed weakspots...

Maps are an issue, agreed.

IS-3 should have been T9. And T-54 could have been pushed into TX

Another problem was the constantly overlapping characteristics. For instance, Pershing vs Cent. Cent is basically a big fat Pershing that got more fragile, while focusing on gun pen not bloom.

Also, Japanese tier 8 med. That's where I put my first impression pen was creeping. I am sure for the rest of you, it probably came in other forms.

I figure people realized how the maps were getting "corridor-ized" and wanted pen for future soft meds, without considering the damage it would cause.

T-44 was bland then too. I figure it should have featured a more powerful gun, at the expense of MT DPM.