kariverson

Supertest: British Light Tanks

Why are they using these fake tanks when their is an abundance of British LT designs out there that are vastly more interesting?  Ferret, Dingo, Humber, Saladin, Fox, Scimitar, Scorpion etc etc  Heck they could even do a British wheeled LT line.

4 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Why are they using these fake tanks when their is an abundance of British LT designs out there that are vastly more interesting?  Ferret, Dingo, Humber, Saladin, Fox, Scimitar, Scorpion etc etc  Heck they could even do a British wheeled LT line.

My guess is because some of them might be too new with too tiny guns for high tiers. With a quick wikipedia search the scorpion entered service in '73 and the biggest gun it could mount was 90mm for the export variants.

Tier 7 and 8 are out https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2019/07/10/world-of-tanks-british-light-tanks-gsr-3301-setter-lhmtv/

post-527655019-0-86415200-1562759535.jpg

post-527655019-0-42868800-1562759679.jpg

Aside high pen they look thoroughly below average in almost every area, speed, hp/ton, view range, and have woeful DPM.

That tier 8 has sub 1.4k base DPM on a tier 8 tank, amazing.

How they fck they think having good pen makes all these other attributes viable is beyond me, great I can pen some more shots, but the tank is still utter shit. 

They seem keen to make this line pretty damn bad. 

Balancing tanks by high pen never worked and is like a 2013 thing in WOTs, its what kept tanks like the Cent 1 and Panthers so shit for so long, you have high pen so the rest of the tank has to be completely crap, but then a T-54 is all round awesome with crap pen, presses 2 and gg. 

1 hour ago, tajj7 said:

Balancing tanks by high pen never worked and is like a 2013 thing in WOTs, its what kept tanks like the Cent 1 and Panthers so shit for so long, you have high pen so the rest of the tank has to be completely crap, but then a T-54 is all round awesome with crap pen, presses 2 and gg. 

Hopefully this issue largely resolves itself once spremmo actually does less damage than standard shells.

Test server is up with the British vehicles.

They are shit. And that's being very positive. Absolutely abysmal DPM with no real alpha or autoloading ability backing it up. Gun handling is also fairly shit; I thought I was playing a TD when I was playing the tier 10. Really, outside of their pen or size, every aspect is merely mediocre or bad compared to their counterparts at various tiers.

And the tier 7 stock grind is definitely worth spending free experience if they stayed like this and you really wanted to go play them on live; the stock gun has <1000 dpm.

2 hours ago, hall0 said:

How do they do against wheeled tanks? 

If the Armoured cars had been introduced after the British lights, I would have been calling them hard counters to the British light line. The British tanks have poor on the move dispersion, so they rely on sitting still if they are going reliably hit targets at range (Manticore has 0.18 dispersion on hull movement and traverse). All the armoured cars have higher dpm than their same tier British light tank counterparts. And all the lights are fairly soft skinned, meaning they are quite vulnerable to HESH.

With HESH, the EBR-105 has nearly 900 more DPM than the Manticore (when both have 100% crew and a rammer).

Here's the link comparing a range of tier 10 lights against the Chimera (its real name).

Here's the link comparing a range of tier 9 against the tier 9 British light tank.

Here's the link comparing a range of tier 8 against the tier 8 British light tank.

Here's the link comparing a range of tier 7 against the tier 7 British light tank.

Bonus comparing the tier 7 against some tanks with better dpm than it.

Played a bunch of battles in the T10 and wow the thing is pretty shit. Bad pen, abysmal DPM, and only carries 16 rounds lmfao. 

Also this thing gets absolutely raped in the ass by EBR's. They fullpen you with HE for 500 on the move while you have to pray you hit them. EBR's hard counter this garbage LT so hard it isn't even funny.

Only thing it has going for it is camo, which, at that point I'd rather be in a T-100 LT because at least I won't be totally fucking useless in the firepower department.

This is the fastest we have ever seen a new tank line (or really any new tank period) go from ST to CT

it was only about 2 weeks ago that they were introduced to ST and they barley had any testing or statistical changes within that time.

i Also agree that the tanks are horrid, and at this rate it will shape up to be the worst tech tree in the game.

about the only thing they have going for them is above average standard penetration, other than that everything else about them is mediocre-shit, LT's are already the most gimped class in the game in so many different ways. And now you have the most gimped tech tree LT's among the already handicapped class

Also the crew set up is horrid, only 2 crew members on the tier 10?

LT's are already some of the most crew dependent tanks in the game, and having only 2 crew members means it will be very hard to accumulate all the necessary skills. not only that but losing a crew member (which is quite common from my experience) completely fucks your tank in just about every way possible making you a useless free xp pinata. 

Yeh they are awful and are being universally panned by everyone from what I have seen, all the CCs are saying they are the worst tanks in the game, worst lines brought into the game ever.

Sad as well apparently one of the guys who did a lot of research for the line for WG, was on QB's stream last night expressing his disappointment about how bad they are. He puts all this work in for a line that is not going to be played and is going to be universally disliked.

Something is IMO up with this, the whole thing is rushed, as said above, we only saw these tanks 2 weeks ago, now they are on test readying for release? 

Patch 1.6 was hyped up by WG as supposedly something special and game changing, but all it is going to have is some minor changes and team damage off, plus the British lights.

I think that someone at WG has effed up and the big content for 1.6 wasn;t ready so they are rushing out the British lights. 

On currents stats they are hands down worst tanks in the game. Major buffing is needed to even get them somewhat competitive. 

1 hour ago, Ezz said:

Model team? Check.

Tech tree team? Check.

Balance team? ...

Balance team? Are you there balance team?

Hey Yuri, do we even have a balance team?

Well the balance team got fired and they gave the job to the marketing team. With the Brit LTs it seems they also fired the marketing team...

I am guessing it's been handed to the flasher team since they have prioritised standing still in bushes with nothing exciting to show.

7 hours ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

Also the crew set up is horrid, only 2 crew members on the tier 10?

I've always thought they should do something for this, so crew-members with multiple roles would at least have some sort of increase to experience gain. 

3 minutes ago, Ogopogo said:

I've always thought they should do something for this, so crew-members with multiple roles would at least have some sort of increase to experience gain. 

Side topic but it's cemented by their crew book things. For 2 mil you can add 250k to each person in a crew. Hmmmm 2 person crew or 5+ person crew... where's the value???

12 hours ago, tajj7 said:

Yeh they are awful and are being universally panned by everyone from what I have seen, all the CCs are saying they are the worst tanks in the game, worst lines brought into the game ever.

Sad as well apparently one of the guys who did a lot of research for the line for WG, was on QB's stream last night expressing his disappointment about how bad they are. He puts all this work in for a line that is not going to be played and is going to be universally disliked.

do you have a time stamp for the QB video? Just checked yesterdays stream but could not find it. 

At least I found this gem

https://www.twitch.tv/quickybaby/clip/PatientMoistLionSquadGoals?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

5 hours ago, hall0 said:

do you have a time stamp for the QB video? Just checked yesterdays stream but could not find it. 

At least I found this gem

https://www.twitch.tv/quickybaby/clip/PatientMoistLionSquadGoals?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

It's worth watching his entire analysis of the line.  "Worst ever introduced line in the game"

"WG are taking the piss"

He's not wrong.

Some of the upgrades are hilarious. Like one of the engine upgrades increases power to weight by 1.something.