kariverson

Supertest: British Light Tanks

5 hours ago, CardinalMite said:

It's worth watching his entire analysis of the line.  "Worst ever introduced line in the game"

"WG are taking the piss"

He's not wrong.

Some of the upgrades are hilarious. Like one of the engine upgrades increases power to weight by 1.something.

In a normal company if a guy who has been accused of being bribed by you so he is always positive about your products starts dunking on you harder and harder and everyone else went that way before him there would be panic and chaos. In Minsk they will just think he is wrong.

Advanced issues found

On 7/1/2019 at 11:50 PM, CardinalMite said:

You are quite correct when you talk about the French LT autoloaders, I have played them all and own the 1357. Running out is a real issue. However this is different, the French LT autoloaders have relatively short reloads and then burst their clips fairly rapidly.  You can't compare a tier 7 amx1357 with an 18 second reload, then 8 low alpha shots with a 1 second intraclip; with a 14 second reload 390 alpha single shot tier 10. 

Man, I get it. I'm just against limiting ammo on tanks as a balance feature. Seriously. If my friend who works at WG introduces me to the person behind the idea instead of greeting him/her I'll punch him in the nuts (or equivalent)

On 7/5/2019 at 2:39 PM, kariverson said:

My guess is because some of them might be too new with too tiny guns for high tiers. With a quick wikipedia search the scorpion entered service in '73 and the biggest gun it could mount was 90mm for the export variants.

As opposed to the 105mm on the T10?

The thing is I'd kinda understand it if those tanks had elc even 90 levels of camo (as compared to their peers so t10 would have to be 10-20% better vs t100lt) but not all of them have great camo

Some pathetic buffs for Manticore -

2nd Common Test iteration:
– The number of shells increased from 16 to 20.
– Aiming time from 2.3 to 1.9

– The expansion of aiming circle on movement from 0.18 to 0.16
– The expansion of aiming circle from turning the chassis from 0.18 to 0.16
– The expansion of aiming circle on movement at max. speed from 12.24 to 10.88
– The expansion of aiming circle from turning at max. speeds from 8.1 to 7.2

Still awful. 

Pretty much every cc I saw noted the pathetic dpm. Wg response, leave dpm as is. About the only use I can see for this is when a good clan wants to tea bag some shitter clan so takes a full team of manicures.

I'd accept the terrible DPM (well actually it should be still higher) but it at least might make sense if the gun's alpha met with their description and the tank had like 440 or 480 alpha so it was this unique low DPM, but hard hitting mobile stealthy sniper, like they were trying to create something like a Hellcat/Leopard 1 but in light tank form.

But its 390 alpha, with below average pen, and bad accuracy, and not great aim time, and terrible pen drop off. 

How about this - 

• Make the reload like 11s base, that is still only like 2.1k DPM. 
  • Make the premium APCR shell the standard, with no horrible pen drop off so good 268 pen APCR. 
  • Give the tank premium HESH like the Cent 7/1 with like 520 alpha and 210 pen. 
  • Buff the shell count to 40.
  • Buff the accuracy to like 0.32 
  • Buff the view range to 420. 
  • Keep the above buffs. (so 0.16/0.16/0.08 dispersion with the 1.9s aim time) 

Then you have a more unique tank, something that is a very good spotter (very high camo and view range combo) and a decent sniper but that also can put out big alpha hits against softer targets. 

3 hours ago, Ogopogo said:

Cool read. Seems they even gave it less than "historical" gun depression and elevation. This tank is a pocket TD and needs a 550, 230pen HESH round.

Jesus WG are retards. "Everyone tells us a tank is the worst garbage we ever produced. Much worse than RHM, a tank that currently wins by a mile for the competition of the worst crap ever in our game so lets only buff our tank a little"

"Oh everyone tells us this tank needs tiny buffs since it's only below average or average - ok. Super Conq, old Maus, old Type5, Old t110e5)

On 7/18/2019 at 4:17 AM, kariverson said:

Cool read. Seems they even gave it less than "historical" gun depression and elevation. This tank is a pocket TD and needs a 550, 230pen HESH round.

Making it a t10 version of old ELC AMX would be awesome. 

I'm kinda hoping it is different than the other lights beyond "small", because it seems a waste if the tank ends up as a slight variation of another. 

I'm kinda onboard the 258/210/105 pen and 420/520/520 damage train. It would change things up, give it a reason to keep its dpm a little lower (it still needs to be buffed), and otherwise just be interesting. Back when the Fv4202 was at tier 10, the HESH was interesting, but the vehicle never widely faced targets it could maneuver around or penetrate easily. 210 pen on a light tank is a lot different story, as it is against lower tier vehicles in the charioteer and cent 7/1

Plus, I feel like there are more soft targets (for 210 pen) at tier 10 then their used to be.