kariverson

Supertest: British Light Tanks

5 hours ago, CardinalMite said:

It's worth watching his entire analysis of the line.  "Worst ever introduced line in the game"

"WG are taking the piss"

He's not wrong.

Some of the upgrades are hilarious. Like one of the engine upgrades increases power to weight by 1.something.

In a normal company if a guy who has been accused of being bribed by you so he is always positive about your products starts dunking on you harder and harder and everyone else went that way before him there would be panic and chaos. In Minsk they will just think he is wrong.

Advanced issues found

On 7/1/2019 at 11:50 PM, CardinalMite said:

You are quite correct when you talk about the French LT autoloaders, I have played them all and own the 1357. Running out is a real issue. However this is different, the French LT autoloaders have relatively short reloads and then burst their clips fairly rapidly.  You can't compare a tier 7 amx1357 with an 18 second reload, then 8 low alpha shots with a 1 second intraclip; with a 14 second reload 390 alpha single shot tier 10. 

Man, I get it. I'm just against limiting ammo on tanks as a balance feature. Seriously. If my friend who works at WG introduces me to the person behind the idea instead of greeting him/her I'll punch him in the nuts (or equivalent)

On 7/5/2019 at 2:39 PM, kariverson said:

My guess is because some of them might be too new with too tiny guns for high tiers. With a quick wikipedia search the scorpion entered service in '73 and the biggest gun it could mount was 90mm for the export variants.

As opposed to the 105mm on the T10?

The thing is I'd kinda understand it if those tanks had elc even 90 levels of camo (as compared to their peers so t10 would have to be 10-20% better vs t100lt) but not all of them have great camo

Some pathetic buffs for Manticore -

2nd Common Test iteration:
– The number of shells increased from 16 to 20.
– Aiming time from 2.3 to 1.9

– The expansion of aiming circle on movement from 0.18 to 0.16
– The expansion of aiming circle from turning the chassis from 0.18 to 0.16
– The expansion of aiming circle on movement at max. speed from 12.24 to 10.88
– The expansion of aiming circle from turning at max. speeds from 8.1 to 7.2

Still awful. 

Pretty much every cc I saw noted the pathetic dpm. Wg response, leave dpm as is. About the only use I can see for this is when a good clan wants to tea bag some shitter clan so takes a full team of manicures.

I'd accept the terrible DPM (well actually it should be still higher) but it at least might make sense if the gun's alpha met with their description and the tank had like 440 or 480 alpha so it was this unique low DPM, but hard hitting mobile stealthy sniper, like they were trying to create something like a Hellcat/Leopard 1 but in light tank form.

But its 390 alpha, with below average pen, and bad accuracy, and not great aim time, and terrible pen drop off. 

How about this - 

• Make the reload like 11s base, that is still only like 2.1k DPM. 
  • Make the premium APCR shell the standard, with no horrible pen drop off so good 268 pen APCR. 
  • Give the tank premium HESH like the Cent 7/1 with like 520 alpha and 210 pen. 
  • Buff the shell count to 40.
  • Buff the accuracy to like 0.32 
  • Buff the view range to 420. 
  • Keep the above buffs. (so 0.16/0.16/0.08 dispersion with the 1.9s aim time) 

Then you have a more unique tank, something that is a very good spotter (very high camo and view range combo) and a decent sniper but that also can put out big alpha hits against softer targets. 

Jesus WG are retards. "Everyone tells us a tank is the worst garbage we ever produced. Much worse than RHM, a tank that currently wins by a mile for the competition of the worst crap ever in our game so lets only buff our tank a little"

"Oh everyone tells us this tank needs tiny buffs since it's only below average or average - ok. Super Conq, old Maus, old Type5, Old t110e5)

On 7/18/2019 at 4:17 AM, kariverson said:

Cool read. Seems they even gave it less than "historical" gun depression and elevation. This tank is a pocket TD and needs a 550, 230pen HESH round.

Making it a t10 version of old ELC AMX would be awesome. 

I'm kinda hoping it is different than the other lights beyond "small", because it seems a waste if the tank ends up as a slight variation of another. 

I'm kinda onboard the 258/210/105 pen and 420/520/520 damage train. It would change things up, give it a reason to keep its dpm a little lower (it still needs to be buffed), and otherwise just be interesting. Back when the Fv4202 was at tier 10, the HESH was interesting, but the vehicle never widely faced targets it could maneuver around or penetrate easily. 210 pen on a light tank is a lot different story, as it is against lower tier vehicles in the charioteer and cent 7/1

Plus, I feel like there are more soft targets (for 210 pen) at tier 10 then their used to be.

Been a while since I last played WoT, came back to find this garbage. Not amused.

On 7/5/2019 at 9:39 AM, kariverson said:

My guess is because some of them might be too new with too tiny guns for high tiers. With a quick wikipedia search the scorpion entered service in '73 and the biggest gun it could mount was 90mm for the export variants.

The Cockerill 90mm is listed as the upgrade for iether the Tier 8 or 9 British LT already. So it's not too new a gun.

All WG needs to do is accept APDS ammunition which has very large angles needed for autobounce, less normalization than APCR, and of course very high velocity with very low pen drop.

Scorpion with say a 4 second reload (3600 DPM on a 90mm gun) would be a roach at Tier 10.

We could also get the COMRES 75 of 1968, with a three-shot autoloader on a 20pdr (which is a perfectly adequate gun for a tier X light tank as long as the DPM is high... or at least acceptable with mobility/camo extreme enough.)

On 7/13/2019 at 4:41 AM, hazzgar said:

Man, I get it. I'm just against limiting ammo on tanks as a balance feature. Seriously. If my friend who works at WG introduces me to the person behind the idea instead of greeting him/her I'll punch him in the nuts (or equivalent)

I'm quite sure the guy who tried to balance ye auld 183 at Tier 10 was being reasonable with the 12 round capacity.

It's when you can fit LOL numbers of shells in a T71 that the nerfing of high tier lights gets dubious.

On 7/17/2019 at 10:03 AM, tajj7 said:

I'd accept the terrible DPM (well actually it should be still higher) but it at least might make sense if the gun's alpha met with their description and the tank had

The only possible Tier 10 tank I can imagine performing adequately with less than 1750 Standard DPM (as the Manticore has) is this one:

fv4005e.jpg

If it takes 45 seconds to reload each shell into the progressive autoloader (historically it took about 15-20 seconds for the 2 loaders to muscle a shell and charge from the loading assist into the gun) and the inter-shot time is 20 seconds (historical as that's what they wanted out of the gun), then I have zero problems with under 1750 Standard DPM on paper. Even 1250 paper DPM would be fine (i.e. 60 second per shell into loading assist)

It would be a wee bit overpowered in a poking exchange when it has friends covering it backing into cover between shots and baiting enemy fire for it. Otherwise it's easy meat for anyone loading HE.

But as long as the Manticore only gets a 105mm, given its other characteristics, 2400+ DPM is required, as per all other Tier 10 lights that want to  be good.

well brit wheelies are comming. thats a thing now. so now we get EBRs and Saladin's jousting at each other for everyones entertainment.

At this point I'm convinced this line was solely created by WG as a Free exp Sink and to fall into the "new content" check box.

Is it public yet from what tank the wheeled line starts? Haven't been following any news from this game for a little while now, sorry if this is public knowledge.

On 10/1/2019 at 2:07 AM, Kymrel said:

Is it public yet from what tank the wheeled line starts? Haven't been following any news from this game for a little while now, sorry if this is public knowledge.

it was a topic at tankfest. No real details, just hype mostly ill link the overview and etc if you really want to read it but there were some other bits dropped by WG and some CCs as well that are uncollected.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/611770-wargaming-fest-announcements/#topmost

- EDIT "stats" camo is going live so that you'll be given a random encrypted player name; it is a click in the settings but it sounded like you can only do it during the battle so the translation came out weird (no XVM stats)

- No more Windows XP support, lolz

- New graphics support for better shadows

- 3rd iteration of sandbox testing for increased health, in terms of premium ammo balance

- Double barrel ST-I is going to happen, with two firing options of which the first is an auto-reloader and the other is firing both shots at one time

- Steel Hunter was a success and it is going to be improved with the possibility of Steel Hunter tournaments

- Front Lines new map was re-announced along with the release of the last reward vehicle

- Another Halloween event game mode with a map that will change as the game goes on and new/better AI (Silent Hill developer helped - cool)

- More rewards for rewarding players with long time of services (ala last year's T-50-2 reward)

- The Offspring is playing there, and I'm super jelly, but the band will be in the Garage and you can keep them in the game (probably a tank crew release)

- Tank Races are going to exist with 3 different tanks, like Steel Hunter (Russian, German, and 'Murican), and it has The Offspring music which, again, makes me happy!  The map is Port and players can choose to play for 3 different "captains", ala Santa Claus vs. Krampus.  Rewards will be individual as well as contributing to the team for community wide rewards.

WarGaming can't, for reasons unbeknownst to me, get their video act going - lots of drop, during the tournament, and it even crapped out while they were talking about Tank Races.  I feel bad for them, since that isn't the greatest of looks.  But, hey, crap happens... Time Warner dropped all of their feeds, 9 years ago, during the Upfront meeting in New York so this is forgivable.  Just waiting for some fat pimply guy covered in Cheetoh Dust (no, not an artillery player) asking them if they tried rebooting their system.

Anonymizer - what kind of bothers me, and they might speak to it later on, is that there is no way to see if you know the person that is anonymized.  Obviously, that makes sense.  BUT, say that I'm in a game with, say, _WarChild_.  He and I are on each other's friends list.  If he opts to encrypt his name and stats, I won't be able to know that he is _WarChild_, despite the friend's list.  That, in turn, means that it takes a bit of the community aspect away from things.  The hiding of stats is only during the battle, so you'll be able to see everyone in the post-game end plate, but I'm hoping that there is some way to see, at least on your own team, who is who if you're "friends".  They did emphasize that XVM will not act as a work around, for this, since XVM shows stats based upon the name plate being shown in game - given that the name will be encrypted, XVM stats will now no longer work.

Anonymizer EDIT - one thing that they're not necessarily taking into account is that this has potential to mess with flagging people for reports.  If you encrypt your name and there are two tanks of the type that you're playing and you do something worthy of getting reported, you won't know who is who, even with post-game stats.  I imagine that will be something of a rarity but it does open itself for potential abuse.

ST-I Double Barrel Branch was announced so this is NOT just the ST-I double barrel and will include the IS-4 double barrel.  Yay!  Russia is getting another branch *yawn*

Light Tanks and MM - they're looking at doing something similar to artillery in limiting the amount of Lights per game; they don't like it when one game has many but another game doesn't have any.  They also hinted that the power and popularity is somewhat problematic so I'm not sure what to make of that.  Possible mistake or something so don't go getting pissed.

My edit:
also this partial list already in the gamefiles of supertest 

T17E3 Car

Deerhound

Staghound

Staghound III

Boardhound

Baker 4X4

FV601 Alvis Saladin

edits are OP, not mine btw. he was editing it live from the stream